Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • pc 3430
    technical issue 2775
    playstation 4 1460
    xbox one 971
    xbox series xs 380
    playstation 5 325
    3 Likes/91 Replies/1017 Views
    Diogaralmeidara
    Original poster 15 posts

xbox one x here, my girlfriend did manual save and I did my own manual save but when she went to play today only my manual save was there and she only had autosaves from 2 or 3 hours ago... also if the save system was the same as odyssey it would be easier, hard to tell what save is mine and what save is hers just by the hours played and i tried to see if i can find autosave in the options to turn it on or off or make autosaves more frequent but couldn't find it there...

also somtimes try to load my game but i end up loading my girlfriends and same for her...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• VGxenon
    1 posts

My progresion does not saving...and i have to start from beginning whenever i start the game

• kfnnnpa
    1 posts

After manual save of two seperate games, it is impossible to access the first saved one. They are both shown as 'manual save 1' and 'manual save 2' in the 'Load Game' screen, but they both seem to be pointing to the later savedgame.

• phaetn1
    1 posts

Indeed, it would be useful if saved games were more easily identified as they were in AC Odyssey. There it showed difficulty level and quest. I and my two teenaged daughters play on a PC and it was easy to keep track of each of our saved games with numbered manual saves.

Now, in AC Valhalla, a lot of the specificity/resolution of the file details is lost and there are multiple versions of the same numbered saved games (e.g. 1, 2, etc.). The easiest way to track if by hours played, but even that is not a reliable metric as it rapidly changes and one user can overtake another.

Ubisoft, please make it easier to keep track of different saved games.

• Diogaralmeidara
    Original poster 15 posts

@kfnnnpa On xbox one x I don't know what happened i played longer than my girlfriend she is playing as female and me as male I overwrite manual save my two previous manual saves everytime and my girlfriend does the same for her manual saves but today in the morning she went to play and her manual save wasn't there and instead I had 3 manual saves and she had one that too her back 2 or 3 hours of gameplay, I I don't understand I look in the options to see if i can turn off autosaves but i see nothing there.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 142 posts

@diogaralmeidara Hey! That's certainly an unusual issue, we can discuss how best to proceed.

I'd just like to confirm, are you and your girlfriend using the same Xbox account or separate accounts?

The game is really designed with 1 player in mind, and it's easier if each individual has their own account.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Diogaralmeidara
    Original poster 15 posts

@ubi-raziel Hi. Yes we are using the same account to play Ac valhalla we also used the same account to play Ac odyssey and had no problems there, I just lost my manual save that I had made, just disappeared for no reason I was watching my girlfriend overwrite manual save on her old manual save not on my one and everything is fine this morning got up after a while went to play and my manual save was completely gone and had lost about 5 hours of gameplay.

Even if the game is made for 1 player in mind if manual saves disappear for no reason it has nothing to do with one or multiple people playing in one account.

After all we played Ac odyssey with our own seperate characters on 1 account from start to finish and not once this had happened, if the game is designed for 1 person it has nothing to do with manual saves disappearing for no reason when they were all there before turning off the game and console.

• Diogaralmeidara
    Original poster 15 posts

@ubi-raziel Also I have just noticed that before when I saved the game or my girlfriend it showed my manual save as being manual save 1 and hers being manual save 2 now no matter how many manual saves you do they are all manual save 1 and disappear randomly.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 142 posts

I see. Thank you very much for getting back to me, that certainly sounds like a bug to me.

I'm very sorry you lost your saved progress. We don't have a way of recovering it, however we will do the best we can to get the issue resolved.

Would it be possible to provide an image of your saves section please, so we can see they both have the same name?

Also, are you both trying to keep 1 manual save each or are you saving a few each? Considering the current behaviour you're experiencing, maybe it's best for you to have several saves each that you can write over.

Thanks again for your time.

Official Response
  • guest-MHxniT2F
    2 posts

Played for about two hours today until it crashed to the Xbox One dashboard. When I restarted all of my auto and manual save data since noon yesterday is gone. Many hours lost that I don't feel like doing all over again. Anyone know a fix for this or how to get my money back?

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 48 posts

@guest-mhxnit2f Hi guest-mhxnit2f. I'm very sorry to hear about this save issue you encountered on your Xbox One. Did you see any specific error code when the game crashed to the dashboard? Please also let me know about how many save slots you had used at this point.

Official Response
  • guest-MHxniT2F
    2 posts

@ubiexcellent No error code at all. I'm not sure how many times I had saved manually but probably around 10 in addition to dozens or hundreds of autosaves.

• Nicu9595
    5 posts

i am on PC same thing happened to me like 2 times i save on manual 1 and my bro on 2 and next time when i have the chance to play for some reason my save is gone and both 1 and 2 are the same save its so frustrating i don't know what to do..

• camfurin123
    1 posts

Hi I was playing when I loaded a old save game to play a mission again but when I tried to load my other save it was not their

• Nicu9595
    5 posts

happened again looks like somehow my save is automatically overwritten every time with the other manual save and now i have 2 saves whit the same playthrough...

• Diogaralmeidara
    Original poster 15 posts

Thank you for the help but it's too late for a picture now since I was the last one to save my girlfriends file save that was also called manual save 1 for some reason disappeared and instead there are two manual saves from my save game when it was supposed to be just one manual save from my character but they are both still showing manual save 1 so ill try and send a picture

• Diogaralmeidara
    Original poster 15 posts

We tried at first doing 1 manual saves each at first it was fine manual save 1,2,3,4 but then no matter what it always says manual save 1 and the person that played last their manual save will disappear after the other person has done a manual save, we tried doing just 1 manual save each to keep it simple but they are both still named manual save 1 and keep disappearing one after the other.

• Diogaralmeidara
    Original poster 15 posts

@nicu9595 that's what it happening to me and my girlfriend but for some reason mow its always named manual save 1 and the autosaves seem to be mostly mostly all between the same time 17:39 to 17:40 I would expect some of them to be at least 30 minutes or an hour before 2 days ago autosaves didn't save anywhere near the manul save sometimes autosaving about 2 hours before manual save or more.

• Nicu9595
    5 posts

@diogaralmeidara yeah i tried everything i lost 10 hs of progres then i started from the beginning same thing happened it looks like you can't have multiple playthroughs strange because i did not have this problem in Odysea i just let my little brother finish it first

• Hearthmann
    7 posts

Yeah, save files disappearing and corrupting is not unusual as it seems to be happening to a lot of people. Some people it keeps happening to on multiple playthru's. I managed to save some corrupted files on ps4 pro using cloud. I am not touching the game for 2 months, since save data integrity being ignored by staff tells me it will be awhile before they fix it. Save data integrity should be most important bug to fix, since no point playing a game in which all progress is going to be erased eventually along with people that have unused helix currency who lose it all upon save corruption.

Community details

Users
Topics