Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Wh1tew1ng
    1 posts

After finishing 10 Contracts for Vikings For Hire the Quest switches to "Speak to Reda".
    The problem is that Reda is only sitting in his tent with the Questmarker, but there is no SpeechBubble or other way to interact with him.
    This not only prevents me from finishing the quest, but also from accessing the Black Market at this point.
    For further clarification I listened to the story he tells the children before finishing the 10 Contracts.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2029 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

The development team have marked this issue as resolved following TU 1.1.1. As we have not received any new updates about being unable to interact with Reda, we will be marking this topic as resolved.

If you are still encountering trouble when interacting with Reda, please don't hesitate to post in this thread so we can take a closer look. Please can you include the following when making a new post:

• Which TU you have installed currently? You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main menu screen.
    • When did this issue begin? Did it happen after completing a certain activity or an interaction?
    • A video that shows you are unable to interact with Reda.

We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ValtyrNine
    87 posts

There's a certain point in the game where Reda will begin to tell the children of Raventhorpe a 5-6 minute long story repeatedly every time you come back to the settlement. The first time you visit him after starting/loading the game, it is impossible to interact with Reda during the time he is telling the story. Essentially, this locks the player out of using his shop until he finishes, which is not fun or interesting and adds nothing to the game.

As his shop is an amenity that is only available by talking to him in the camp, there is no alternative to this besides waiting for him to finish the story. The player should be able to use his shop without waiting on the story to finish. Right now, it is detrimental to gameplay.

• APPLE5333
    28 posts

Title says everything.. And this bug isn't on that megathread of "known issues"

Come on, Ubisoft u_u You're not EA. You're better than this

• aldastrio
    1 posts

It was fixed for me!!! I had the same problem then after i completed cent and the dag quest i found reda telling the story of ac origins to the 3 kids in the camp. Just after the story ended i was able to speak with him at last.

• DravicSTEAM
    4 posts

@apple5333 Have you tried listening through the entire 1.5 minute long conversation that Reda has with the children? You can listen to it by interacting with a pillar of the tent.

• Degzii1994
    5 posts

@ubi-baron im playing on Xbox one X however it won't let me upload clip

• DRFee1good420
    2 posts

I’m mainly just saving opals and wanna finish the Viking for hire quest lol

• muricaz
    6 posts

@aldastrio

Which Dag quest are you referring to?

im going to try this

• Kau_adh96
    12 posts

I have the same problem, except Its happening after I finished the "vikings for hire" quest and I've finished the story and all regions.

• bayofangels
    Original poster 8 posts

@Ubi-Woofer Can you add this thread to the Reported Issue Megathread? It's clearly affecting a large number of people.

• Angvi1
    5 posts

I have enough for Helhest but Reda wont speak.
    Hope you extend the time for this reward since we cant redeem it atm.

• Degzii1994
    5 posts

After completing the required 10 contracts it won't allow me to turn in the quest with reda.
    There is no interact option. The quest is Vikings for hire.
    I have tried to upload a clip of the bug but for some reason the forum won't allow me to.

• Riggelz
    2 posts

A few missions later he was telling the stroy again and i was able to speak to him again.

• ArnoTheFallen
    1 posts

im having the same problem i got a video of it here dont mind the audio on the background
    https://mega.nz/file/YAEjzQzQ#Tgx7Kj2r5Iev5lp7B6lsYvMoFpYu5_10z0UyCZneI5Q

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

I'm experiencing this too on PC.

Here's a video:

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

Should probably use Search before posting 🙂 I know I did 🙂 Also experiencing this.

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

Same here on PC. No Ubi response yet.

• nzplayer
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SlizenDize
    4 posts

I just got the cut-scene with the children. I can now speak to Reda again but of course the horse is no longer available and Ubisoft says nothing about it.
    This is beyond scummy practice, when I have time I'm going to write a nice letter to some reputationable YouTubers becausee this needs to come out how Ubisoft screws you over completely once again. It took me 47 hours of playtime until I was even able to see Redas store. Obtainable in-game my [censored], considering the rotation of Redas wares and how many items are in the cash-store it will be months until we see that horse again. Guess how many of us will be playing then? 1% max I bet.

Funny how the cash shop was working from the minute you start the game.

• SlizenDize
    4 posts

I can talk to Reda again but it's too late. The horse was the thing I wanted the most and the reason I farmed and now It's gone.
    It's a deliberate move by Ubisoft to tease us to put the horse so early because they know it's sought after. Tied with this bug and we will most likely never see the horse again unless you pay up.
    Let me put that in plain text, the only way you will get the so called "obtainable in-game" item you want is by real hard cash and not in game.
    This is the future of gaming folks, I hope you are enjoying the ride.
    I might as well go to work instead of playing the game at this rate, it will earn me much better rewards anyway.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics