Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• gaivota2010
    2 posts

I encountered the same bug after completing the Kingmaker saga, but if I revert to a save game before completing the saga I can access Reda shop but can't get the Viking for hire quest.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

The development team have marked this issue as resolved following TU 1.1.1. As we have not received any new updates about being unable to interact with Reda, we will be marking this topic as resolved.

If you are still encountering trouble when interacting with Reda, please don't hesitate to post in this thread so we can take a closer look. Please can you include the following when making a new post:

• Which TU you have installed currently? You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main menu screen.
    • When did this issue begin? Did it happen after completing a certain activity or an interaction?
    • A video that shows you are unable to interact with Reda.

We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Batmonster5678
    1 posts

I've got the same bug where I cant talk to Reda, but today when I loaded in my save none of the other thousand eyes kids are even appearing on the map or when I go to where they should be standing

• guest-dVkatUHa
    1 posts

I just stood there and listened to his whole story and I can speak with him now, took about 5 mins

• arcie123
    2 posts

@arcie123 updated : i tried to reload the game and finish some few quest on the king maker saga but still unable to have a conversation with Reda to start the viking for hire quest, im already done with all the the daily and weekly mission.
    hopefully this can be fixed so i can buy items from
    Reda

• SethUnleashed
    1 posts

Same Problem here.
    Started after "completing the requirements" for "Viking for Hire"... so I'm unable to turn in the quest and also cant interact with Reda at all anymore.

This needs to be fixed asap!!!

• AlbArslan89
    4 posts

@nzplayer Same. Any idea how to solve this?

• power4ward13
    1 posts

On PC same issue happened. Could not talk to reda, he just sat there at my settlement for last 3 days. I went into the main boat house, did the quest to help the children. Still could not talk to reda. I then went to a different town, found one of his companion kids and picked up 3 quests from him. Made then active and completed one by one. Then fast travelled back to my village, and reda then had the kids around him to tell the story. I clicked on the pole to my right, his left in order to listen to the whole story. After that I can now speak with reda again and go to his shop. I have not yet completed his vikings for hire quest as I am 8 of 10.

• MrToxicCodes
    4 posts

On xbox one x, accepted quest from him went to bed and they expired and not i can not interact with him. I have played through several more hours of exploring,story fast traveling and such and still he does not interact.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • Degzii1994
    5 posts
  • BumpyKnuckles88
    1 posts

For 5 days now I haven't been able to speak to Reda. Not being able to see what he sells sucks.

My connection is fine, so it's not that.

• guest-rVOjQAKG
    1 posts

Im having the same problem. Can't finnish the viking for hire quest because it won't let me talk to reda.

• gaivota2010
    2 posts

@gaivota2010
    Also would like to add up that in none of the saves I have, is possible to get any new quests from the thousand eyes

• proddyau
    2 posts

I have the same issue - has anyone worked out a solution?

• Burlzey
    5 posts

@albarslan89 I also encountered this bug and found a workaround but it may not work for yourself. I decided to complete the quest for the Hidden Ones where you need to find six codex pages. After handing them in, Hytham tells you to speak to Reda. I was then able to interact with Reda for this quest which then enabled me to interact with him again about the Viking for hire quest.

Hope it helps. 🙂

• Burlzey
    5 posts

@apple5333 I also encountered this bug and found a workaround but it may not work for yourself. I decided to complete the quest for the Hidden Ones where you need to find six codex pages. After handing them in, Hytham tells you to speak to Reda. I was then able to interact with Reda for this quest which then enabled me to interact with him again about the Viking for hire quest.

Hope it helps. 🙂

• AlbArslan89
    4 posts

@burlzey I will check it out!

• Angvi1
    5 posts
    I have the same issue - has anyone worked out a solution?

Seems there are a bunch of ways it happens and how to "fix". Most of all just waiting for certain events. Mine worked about 10 hours latter, and the horse (worth 800 helix) was switched with an item worth 350 helix. Total scam event.

• Woody5791
    3 posts

Having the same issue for a couple days now. It is being posted all over the forums and reddit, seems a lot are having this issue. Can we get some type of update on this Ubisoft? It is clearly something on the server side.

• AntonioSerra
    2 posts

Quest bugged too!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics