ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ViRaLuNdEaD
    31 posts

I have the same issue as everyone else (I'm on Xbox). After Reda's story time, I left and went about my business. I finished Viking for Hire and returned to him. He has a quest marker on him, but cannot speak to him at all. There is no other prompt around him. He just sits leaning back on his hands and I have no way to turn in the quest.

• Tariekju33
    1 posts

@apple5333 Hope it helps, but I had the same bug with the museum statue early in the game.
    When I later checked on it, the girl was reset and both were in starting positions (this time I just paid the silver tho, just to be safe, to complete that quest)

• Woody5791
    3 posts

This appears to be tied into quests in general. In the sense that other active quests are causing this bug. For me after finding all 6 codex pages and giving to hythom he tells you to talk to reda and after that I am now able to interact and see his shop (that is empty). But happy I can now talk to him and completed the viking for hire quest.

• APPLE5333
    28 posts

@tariekju33 same happened to me but by that point I had lvl 5 charisma so i didnt have to pay anything. Pretty much cleared the entire map before going back. I was thinking it would be smart to clear everything before continuing the story since this game is bugged to hell. x_x

• bwojnar
    1 posts

Same problem. I cannot interact with Reda after first meeting with him. I have PC game.

• sachada2016
    4 posts

The same problem in PC...

• Fuzies777
    4 posts

I am unable to interact with Reda. I was able to talk to him and he gave me quests and once I completed those quests I also finished "Viking for Hire" and it told me I needed to speak to Reda but he is unable to be interacted with. I am also not able to view his items anymore as well.

• Vengard8
    1 posts

this is so stupid quest... why do i have to do 10 contracts .. i must wait 24 hours for another 3 DAILY QUESTS.... this is so bad...

• danielprice1234
    1 posts

I cannot interact with Reda at all therefore I cannot use the shop or progress the viking for hire quest.
    It has been like this ever since I completed the 10 contracts required to progress the viking for hire quest.

• guest-0dgKvV0F
    1 posts

Same issue here

• Fuzies777
    4 posts

Update: I saw a post saying if you went a collected all the codex pages the hidden bureau guy would give you a quest to talk to Reda, this is true. Once I got this quest I was able to Talk to Reda to turn in both quests and was able to see his shop again. It took me about an hour to travel to all the locations to get the codexs but worth it IMO to have the shop working again.

• Fuzies777
    4 posts

@bayofangels

Update: I saw a post saying if you went a collected all the codex pages the hidden bureau guy would give you a quest to talk to Reda, this is true. Once I got this quest I was able to Talk to Reda to turn in both quests and was able to see his shop again. It took me about an hour to travel to all the locations to get the codexs but worth it IMO to have the shop working again.

• waterbrid
    8 posts

@danielprice1234 I had same problem. What fixed it for me was getting all 6 codex pages.When you give them to hytham he will tell you to talk to Reda. it then allowed me to talk to Reda and use the shop.

• Kedari1220
    11 posts

@fuzies777 Thank you for sharing this fix. Unfortunately, I've previously turned in all the bureau codex pages before Reda decided to not want to interact with me anymore 😢

My gameplay (PS5) showing that Eivor can interact with Thousand Eyes NPCs in other towns but cannot interact with Reda within player settlement:

Hope it gets fixed soon but, luckily, there's a ton to enjoy yet in the game 😊

• Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

Finishing the "The Brewing storm" (main story) fixed this issue for me, and even fixed "Taken for granted" for me 🙂

• Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

Can confirm this issue along with some other Ravensthorpe related issues fixed itself by finishing The Brewing storm 🙂

• aneesht11
    2 posts

Hi,

I have TWO MAJOR issues that I am currently facing while playing Assassins Creed Valhalla.  

The first one is that Hytham in relation to the Hidden Ones Bureau and the quest titled "A Brief History of the Hidden Ones". I have collected all codex pages but the option to give them to him does not work. I am clicking the "X" (PS4) button but nothing happens. I can't even surrender any medallions to him. All i can do is speak to him and then exit because none of the options work.

The second issue relates to Reda in my settlement and the quest titled "Viking for Hire". I have completed over 10 contracts but am unable to interact with Reda. I do not get an option to speak to him AT ALL. I have tried a variety of angles while trying to interact with him but nothing works. I cannot even purchase anything from him using Opal since there's no prompt to press the "speak" button. 

Please help me ASAP as this is a HUGE detriment to playing the game if achievements and basic missions don't work.

• Tett0v0
    1 posts

Same problem for me. I cannot interact with Reda, and I can't complete the quest Viking for hire.

• Sempophai
    10 posts

@fuzies777 I did that, but the shop was empty after doing so.

• GLegacy
    2 posts

I Can talk and get Redas quests but Reda has nothing in shop and i know i didnt buy anything from it yet.

Suggested Topics