Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DarthZed13
    4 posts

@ubi-spud
    I'm having a similar issue onX-box. I can talk to Reda, but I get a server error message when I try, and the same for all of his associates in different towns. I've tried the Reddit fix, connecting and disconnecting my account from xbox and the computer. The only thing that did was give me the ubisoft server error report on the load/save screen.
    I also can't access his store. When your server in up momentarily (usually before 7am EST), There are items listed, but I can't hover over them, the only option is to go back.
    I've reset my modem, checked my connections, re-evaluated my life choices,and contemplated my future life. The bsll is now in your court, Ubisoft. It's been a month, do you even care?

• geordy2007
    2 posts

Glad to see they are getting fixed can't wait.

• kalex100
    22 posts

Ubisoft, fix your garbage please, this thread being almost a month old and your rushed unpolished turd of a game that i paid 100 bucks for is broken for completion because of this.

• jasonhenderson
    3 posts

I have the same issue...Reda is there by himself but no matter what I do I cannot interact with him -I can get missions from the other towns and complete them and earn opals but I can’t talk to Reda to spend any of them them.

it has been almost since the launch of the game I interacted with him maybe twice in the very beginning.

Ubisoft, How long and how many of us does this issue need to exist with before you fix???

• Darkhoee
    1 posts

OMG I bought the game on the first day and still waiting for the FIX..

• ByteBandit_101
    1 posts

Same issue here. First off Reda started telling the same story over and over again. Now I cannot interact with him at all.

• ShoofyTheFox
    1 posts

Hey there! I still have the bug with Reda I can't speak too him after the 10 contracts any advice on how too fix it please!

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 787 posts

Hello everyone!

I'm very pleased to say that this issue has been fixed by today's release of title update 1.1.0. You can read the full patch notes here, but here is the relevant information for you as well:

Addressed an issue where players couldn't interact with Reda anymore.

I have loaded my own save game after applying 1.1.0 and could finally hand in "Viking For Hire", so this should also now be working for all of you out there who were also affected by this! Thank you all for your patience and understanding while we investigated this issue and resolved it. Please let me know if you should have any questions, concerns, or feedback! 🙂

Official Response
  • stormPD
    3 posts

Works for me after 1.1.0
    PC

• kalex100
    22 posts

@ubi-woofer I bet you are thankful to put this one to bed. Thanks Woofer.

• Jarod88988
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer i was able to hand in the viking for hire quest. And listened to his story all the way through but still am unable to speak with him!
    I have finished the game besides the quest to update ravensthorpe not sure if that is connected or not

• BobNewton2
    16 posts

@ubi-woofer 1.1.0 did nothing for my PS4 Pro. Still can't purchase anything with my opals, can't look at items. Completed Cent arc, Wincestre codex page can't be interacted with/picked up and kids don't come to Reda. Please don't ask for a video, I have nothing to show in a video if this luddite could figure out how to do it. Curious if anyone else is still having this problem or do I have a defective disc?

• BobNewton2
    16 posts

@bayofangels 1.1.0 update did nothing for Reda. Unable to collect Wincestre codex page and completed Cent arc. This sucks!!

• DarthZed13
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Still can't interact with Reda's store. Remind ne why I spent $100 on this game?

• LoftedGolem255
    4 posts

@fuzies777 Glad that worked for you because it didn't work for me. It was the first thing I tried. Along with not being able to get daily contracts, I also lost all of my opals. I had well over 150+. There's a big zero in that column now.

• LoftedGolem255
    4 posts

@darthzed13 Tell me about it. I understand that they can't just drop everything and do a fix. But with so many people complaining about the same bug, they could at least acknowledge the problem and advice that they are working on it.

• LoftedGolem255
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer Here's the problem: I'm at pwr level 229; I've established 6 alliances; and I've already completed the Viking for Hire assignment (and obviously numerous other). Everything was working fine UNTIL the last update. Now, I can no longer interact with Reda or his subordinates in other locations. I now get the dreaded Online Service Error. Could not connect to Xbox Live. (0x001001101) And. . . on top of that, I've lost all my opals, all 150+ of them. There's a big zero in that column now.

And yes, I have already rebooted my console and wi-fi system. You guys gonna fix your fix?

• BobNewton2
    16 posts

@dastardly44 I can't interact with the codex page in Wincestre, can't pick it so this work around won't work. Cent arc completed, no dice also. Additionally have the same problem with Cartology, can't look at the maps available just like Reda. Can get contracts but can't buy anything.

• MomofMahem
    3 posts

I can interact with Reda, but when I ask about missions or what he has in the store, it gives me an error that says "A problem occurred while trying to communicate with a Ubisoft online service". I can connect directly to Ubisoft from my console, but when dealing with the quest A Viking for Hire, I get the error every time.

How can I fix it so I can complete the quest?

• MomofMahem
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics