Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Vansar_UK
    Original poster 1 posts

Can anyone at UBI please provide any news of any patch or if any of the suggestions will be taken onboard, i.e. 1 hand swords, getting rid of telescopic 2 handers etc to name a few. Please can you communicate so we know our concerns are being addressed.

P.s loving the game, just needs some attention 😁

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@vansar_uk I am pretty sure they will fix the game breaking bugs first. 😉

• Mac-70-
    19 posts

@vansar_uk

Can't help with the one handed swords, as for the two hand swords you want rid off, just stop using them. I think bugs would be time better spent.

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@vansar_uk check out the warhammer, really bad telescoping like it’s normal sheathed size is a proper sized warhammer but once you unsheathe it it grows bigger then marvel Thor’s hammer, not cool.

like we are bloody normal human beings, this two hander duel wielding crap and over sized weapons is [censored] me off to no end, we all were waiting for Valhalla and they pulled some of the stupidest crap no one ever asked for

• FGx1988
    101 posts

@frosthound030 well, that effect concerns most of the weapons, the two handed swords and predator bows grow to most rediculous size and even the cats grow when you pet them.

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@fgx1988 didn’t notice the pred bow doing it at first and now i cant unsee it lmao😂

as a spear user it’s so annoying having it on my back shrunken all the time, wish they’d implement a way that he’d carry it as it’s sheath mechanic but when you go to climb he’ll actually put it on his back but full sized then back into his hand once he’s done climbing, then when fighting he brings it into the ready position to fight, that would be a solution for spear shrinking

• FGx1988
    101 posts

@frosthound030 Haha sorry for the predator bow nightmare 😄 by the way that feature were implemented since AC origins. But there only the spears were affected by this effect and in an much subtle way so you just had recogniced it when you were looking really closly but in AC Valhalla they make use of this effect way to often and the sizes are really not reasonable anymore. I understand why they have done it, because some weapons would look really tiny when they would not "grow" in your hand and would look way to oversized on your back when they would not shrink, like the spears for example. But as I said, the make use of this effect way to often and no longer in a subtle way like in origins.

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@fgx1988 for me the damn warhammer is just confusing, like in the inventory screen when Evior hold it it’s the normal size what it is when it’s sheathed, and it looks amazing, like a proper warhammer.
    i really hate when a dev with no brains decides “hey lets make the normal sized weapon twice as big” it’s like why?

some of the decisions in Valhalla honestly seems like they got some final fantasy fanboy involved for weapons in this game because the warhammer has zero reason to increase its size from what it is.

hopefully ubi uses their brains and realized oversized weapons are stupid asf and duel wielding twohanders needs to stay in dark souls, not realistic real world game’s. (wouldn’t be disappointed if they removed duel wielding twohanders)

• FGx1988
    101 posts

@frosthound030 there are certain posts and threads about this topic, because most of the players don't like the "feature". I also don't understand it why the have to use it so much. It takes really some immersion away when all your weapons are growing in your hand

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@fgx1988 i hate missions with npcs like Sig who has a two hander floating on his back🙄🙄🙄 and dual wields it with an axe, ughhhhhhhhh

like honestly i wouldnt so angry about two handed swords and duel wielding them If they haven’t left out one handed swords but keep shoving them in my face in game 😂

• Ebonzone
    26 posts

They gotta shrink everything because they thought making a 5 foot tall viking protagonist was a good idea. The only NPCs Eivor looks down upon are the children.

I am almost sure one handed swords are in the game because of the finishers based on enemy weapons (Daggers get stabbed to their skulls while swords get stabbed to their hearts). For the most part I am sure they are busy finishing the season pass content, they aren't done with our wallets yet, and knowing how much we want swords they might add them as DLC.

Ubi hardly tells you what fixes they implement on their patch notes, pretty much all they tell you is a "We fixed something but you'll have to figure out what it is".

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@ebonzone zero one handed swords, it’s been confirmed, there’s daggers and two handed swords and scimitars(twohanders) but there’s are no one handed swords for player, people have found all weapons already, but hopefully later we can get them in an update

not gonna lie i do like being a 5’11 viking as that was a good height, hell a lot of Vikings were between 5,7 and 6ft lol

• Ebonzone
    26 posts

@frosthound030 I have all the weapons myself, when I said it is in the game I didn't mean it is accessible. I said some NPCs use one handed swords + shields.

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@ebonzone ah gotcha, which shows they can easily put it in game for us. I mean The sword models and animations are there like you said, our fellow raiders have swords and finishers as well so hopefully it’s implemented soon

• Shaze140
    3 posts

Will the store ever be available??

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@shaze140 stores worked fine since day one for me, what’s happening on your end if i may ask? Just can’t access it or?

• Beylous
    42 posts

Yeah, I agree, it'd be nice for some sort of heads-up. I seriously doubt their PR rep is busy assisting in the bug-fixin' soooooooo, a little info would be nice. I'm enjoying it too, despite the beta-like feeling of it. It's kinda the same as WD Legion, there's little-to-no info about patching there either, except of course for the console issues because those take precedence!

• Shaze140
    3 posts

@frosthound030 it’s been giving me online service error n to visit ubisoft.support n I haven’t found any kind of solution. Ubisoft connect is straight up not letting me sign in or anything. I’m so confused n annoyed at this point lol I just wanna use the black markets!!

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@shaze140 ah that sucks, sorry you having that issue, but to be honest your not missing much in the store, there’s an npc called Reda that will sell you store items in your town from his inventory for opals, see if he’s working maybe that could be a way to get store items until it’s fixed, although his items are random every few days

• Matt_GB
    17 posts

They can't fix this game it's just a complete mess and disappointment. It's absolutely full of bugs and glitches and a massive step down from the past two games.

Suggested Topics