Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• jesustsrikesbac
    Original poster 11 posts

Hello,

I have been playing AC Valhalla however I have encountered a fatal game breaking bug that has stopped me being able to progress the game. The quest I am currently on "A sword shower in anecastre: Follow Aelfgar" seems to be glitched as I follow Aelfgar to the campsite where he stands at the table and nothing happens. There is no way to interact with him and he just stands there, hence I cannot progress the quest. I have tried reloading saves, restarting the game and rebooting my PC but the issue still persist. I am unable to progress through the story - any suggestions for a workarounbd?

thank you

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "A Sword-Shower in Anecastre" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "A Sword-Shower in Anecastre" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • BorgasNight
    1 posts

When starting this mission, NPC Aelfgar spoke but didn't move, I waited and nothing, I started other missions and this one didn't have any progress.
    I can't finish the Order of the Ancients because I need to Follow Aelfgar to the castle and I can't finish the Conquest Map because I have this mission pending.
    Any solution? Can help me with this?

• AdamLBiscuit_
    4 posts

Bonjour,

Dans cette quete, je dois suivre un PNJ du nom de "Ælfgar".

Cependant, celui ci ne bouge absolument pas, du moins, pas comme il le devrait.

J'ai essayé plusieurs choses :

-Me suicider
    -Le tuer (KO)
    -Changer de quete pour revenir plus [censored]
    -Redémarrer mon jeu
    -Changer les paramètres graphiques
    -Vérifier les fichiers du jeu
    -Aller le voir avec / sans monture et avec / sans capuche

Malgré toutes ces tentatives, aucune n'a abouti.
    A préciser que cette dite mission est principale, et donc obligatoire.
    De ce fait, je ne puis avancer.

J'aimerai, si possible, une assistance afin de continuer mon aventure (Cela fais 2 jours que je suis bloqué).

Config :

-GTX 1080Ti (Dernier pilote en date)
    -I9 9900k
    -Le jeu est sur SSD M.2 Nvme
    -32 GB Ram 3200Mhz

Qualité graphique maximale, 1080p.

Je vous remercie, cordialement.

• AdamLBiscuit_
    4 posts

English version : English message (Sorry i'm French - Google Translate)

Hello,

In this quest, I have to follow an NPC named "lfgar".

However, this one doesn't move at all, at least not as it should.

I tried several things:

-Kill me

-Kill him (KO)

-Change quest to come back later

-Restart my game

-Change graphics settings

-Check the game files

- Go see it with / without rim and with / without hood

Despite all these attempts, none succeeded.

It should be noted that this said mission is main, and therefore mandatory.

Therefore, I cannot move forward.

I would like, if possible, assistance to continue my adventure (I've been stuck for 2 days).

Config:

-GTX 1080Ti (Latest driver)

-I9 9900k

-The game is on M.2 Nvme SSD

-32 GB Ram 3200Mhz

Maximum graphics quality, 1080p.

Original message :

Bonjour,

Dans cette quete, je dois suivre un PNJ du nom de "Ælfgar".

Cependant, celui ci ne bouge absolument pas, du moins, pas comme il le devrait.

J'ai essayé plusieurs choses :

-Me suicider
    -Le tuer (KO)
    -Changer de quete pour revenir plus [censored]
    -Redémarrer mon jeu
    -Changer les paramètres graphiques
    -Vérifier les fichiers du jeu
    -Aller le voir avec / sans monture et avec / sans capuche

Malgré toutes ces tentatives, aucune n'a abouti.
    A préciser que cette dite mission est principale, et donc obligatoire.
    De ce fait, je ne puis avancer.

J'aimerai, si possible, une assistance afin de continuer mon aventure (Cela fais 2 jours que je suis bloqué).

Config :

-GTX 1080Ti (Dernier pilote en date)
    -I9 9900k
    -Le jeu est sur SSD M.2 Nvme
    -32 GB Ram 3200Mhz

Qualité graphique maximale, 1080p.

Je vous remercie, cordialement.

• tonteri93
    2 posts

Im stuck in mission. I have to follow some character but i cant because that not move.

• Riki_Martini
    9 posts

@tonteri93 This is maybe the worst bug report on the entire forum, and there are lots of bad ones here...

• elnayef
    1 posts

I have the same problem, I can't go any further in the game!!

• GloriousHawkBoi
    10 posts

@adamlbiscuit_ I understand you're unable to complete the quest but do you think it has anything to do with Hunwald and Swanburrow's house in your settlement?

• itaysarig
    1 posts

same here, any solutions?

• cheviimpala1990
    2 posts

Aelfgar won’t move to follow him

• NeedMoreGreen
    2 posts

Same issue here, any news ?

• ZRADJENKINS
    3 posts

On the part of this quest where you follow Aelfgar into the camp, Aelfgar gets stuck in the camp and does not move. This prevents the next part of the quest.

I fast traveled away and came back to find Aelfgar now standing still on the road before the camp alone. There appears to be no way to get Aelfgar to move and the quest is stuck on “follow Aelfgar”.

Does anybody know a way around this?

• NeedMoreGreen
    2 posts

same issue here, any news ?

• zMastarz
    1 posts

I loaded old save and chose boy as elderman, after that i was able to complete lincolnshire.

• Llewellyn001
    1 posts

i spent an hour pushing the npcs to where they needed to go and its not worth it. it didnt do anything

• DawidBigBalls
    2 posts

Hello, I was playing valhalla and encountered and issue where After the bishop fled and i spoke to Alefgar, he didnt move to the camp he was supposed to go to. This leaves me unable to progress in the story. I would appreciate any help

• dmosch12345
    1 posts

@zradjenkins me too, any solution?

• Mel1lo
    3 posts

On the mission "A Sword-Shower In Anecastre" in the Pledge to Lincolnscir. A mission that requires you to follow Aelfgar is very very bugged. Aelfgar will not move at all, this is the last mission i need to complete so i cannot proceed further until this issue i have is fixed, I have tried everything to fix it and nothing has worked. For example i have tried, loading to a previous save and replaying the mission (but i am too far ahead to go back otherwise i would of wasted 20+ hours), reinstalling the game, and some of the little things ive found on Reddit but nothing appears to be working, this is really starting to annoy me as im so very close to completing the game and this is the only thing holding me back.
    I have just completed verifying of the files and still no change, im completely lost on what to do.
    Thanks for reading. I wish someone can get back to me about this soon

Quick clip of what is happening, he walked up to this point and stopped.
    https://streamable.com/nayiup

• Martinovitzz
    1 posts

yeah i have the same bug its so annoying, cant progress in the game, when are we going to get a update to fix the many many bugs in this game?

• goodmrtumnus
    4 posts

I am also having this problem. It is stuck on “Follow Aelfgar”. He is not moving. I’ve tried fast traveling and coming back, closing and restarting the game, and loading an earlier save to have it happen again.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics