Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RexOfTheDead
    1 posts

@adamlbiscuit_ Pareil sur Xbox series S...

• WhatsADanny
    9 posts

@castoor78 same exact thing happened to me but with Hunwald. When following him to the camp before the assault, when we got there he just stopped and won't move.

• WhatsADanny
    9 posts

@zradjenkins same thing for me but with Hunwald. Stuck in the street just vibing by himself I guess

• desdecardo13
    10 posts

YEah. Having the same issue. The bloke just sits in the road and does nothing. Would like to add that it completely kills any progress in this game if it does not work. I am stuck with the Cauldron quest in Jotunhiem with a broken quest and now this. Almost have all the collectables and raids done.

• desdecardo13
    10 posts

Going to add what got it to work for me and the steps I went through. I did not get screenshots or a video and I really don't know how to do that. Anyways here is what I did to get it to eventually work. (It also wouldn't let me edit my previous post so sorry for double posting)

Things I did to try to fix this:
    1- loaded a previous quick save (even ones not for that quest did not bring me there and I think the saves got corrupted).
    2- Quick traveled to another region and back and he would stand there.
    3- Logged out and logged back in. Same problem with the guy standing there.
    4- Quit to desktop and tried again. Same problem
    5- Verified game files and same problem.
    ***7- I bit the bullet and went to a physical save I did with the quest going to go hunting which it did not say it was for that quest it said "Mystery Quest" but I knew when I went back to the manual save from before the sword shower quest and instead of using my horse I ran through town and spoke with the person and he got on his horse and I kept running since it really isnt that far away and they go slow anyways. Worked for me that time. Hopefully that helps. I think something happens in the casting stones quest before that that broke it with the conclusion of the previous quest. I feel really bad if you didn't have a save to go back to and I have been in the habit of saving ever since I got stuck in Jotunheim saga at the cauldron quest and could not continue because I went to get the wealth inside it before I was on the quest and got locked out of that quest. ***

• jackslot1
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • jackslot1
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 257 posts

@mel1lo We're sorry to see you're experiencing this in game.
    The dev team have been made aware of this issue, and are currently investigating.
    To help the investigation, can you set up a support case and upload a copy of your save file.

Official Response
  • nicola8050
    3 posts

@aazhari i got the exact same bug and its th last mission i can do since i completet all other areas, did you found a fix in the meantime?

• aazhari
    10 posts

@nicola8050 i used an earlier save and re-did part of the mission.

• nicola8050
    3 posts

@aazhari oh man i would have to to 20+ hours again no way im gonna do that

• nicola8050
    3 posts

So i got a bug in the mission a sword shower in anecastre where the npc isnt moving. I should follow him and he doesnt make a move at all. I did everything else in the game and do not have a savegame because thats the last mission for me. Any solutions?

• Lypitiern300
    11 posts

When following the thegn to the camp he stops and won't move again making it impossible to complete

• lindenbaumm
    1 posts

@aazhari I’m having the same issue - it’s been two days now and I can’t get him to do anything even tho it says I’m supposed to follow him

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 704 posts

Hey folks, I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue. The only workaround at the moment is indeed to load an earlier save - we ran across a similar issue later in the quest (defending his home) and are investigating. Once we have more information to share, we will do so. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 421 posts
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • Testyfy
    2 posts

@jesustsrikesbac
    same problem here
    tried to relog/reload/reboot
    he moved 100units further, but then stopped
    undefined

• Lypitiern300
    11 posts

I got through this quest fine but a few after it "A sword-shower in Anecastre" while following Aelfgar he is frozen on the road and won't move, I am on Xbox One and have done everything I can think of and been suggested but he still won't move.

• FoolishPlanet34
    4 posts

THERE IS A GLITCH IN THE BRAND NEW UBISOFT GAME, ASSASSINS CREED VALHALLA. In the MISSION, A Sword-Shower In Anecastre" in the Pledge to Lincolnscir. A mission that requires you to follow Aelfgar is very very bugged. Aelfgar will not move at all, this is the last mission i need to complete so i cannot proceed further until this issue i have is fixed, I have tried everything to fix it and nothing has worked. For example i have tried, loading to a previous save and replaying the mission, reinstalling the game, and some of the little things ive found on Reddit but nothing appears to be working, this is really starting to annoy me as im so very close to completing the game and this is the only thing holding me back.

This is causing serious doubts on UBISOFT and its capabilities to be a good development company. This is poor work and it must be fixed immediately. 
    @ubi-swaggins

• jesustsrikesbac
    Original poster 11 posts

@foolishplanet34
    I agree. The worst part is that I was genuinely enjoying this game and now cant even proceed because it is completely broken. An AAA $60+ new video game by a reputable developer released so broken is terrible. I've played about 70 or so hours and now because of this I cant even finish the game and the only reply from Ubisoft in another thread is to reload an old save and lose my progress. No mention of when this will be fixed. I can overlook small bugs but something literally game breaking that doesnt seem to be fixed anytime soon is terrible. I would expect this from some type of indie developer on steam but from a big studio like Ubisoft? ....

Really disappointing unfortunately. Doubt I'll buy any other new ubisoft games, not until after a few months when everything is actually fixed and not rushed out.

Suggested Topics