Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@yesin069 Oh wow, that could have been a great game. 😐

I meant Yannis Mallat I guess. Cheating on one's wife is ridiculous as a reason to sack someone on its own, unless the cheating involved coercing and/or sexually harassing other people at the company.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@kreutzgang

Ex-Ubisoft creative boss canned Dragon Age dev's King Arthur game • Eurogamer.net
    Quote: Yet Laidlaw quit in January 2019, and the project was cancelled due to the interference of Hascoët. The exec allegedly disliked the fantasy genre, and demanded the game had to be "better than Tolkien".

A King Arthur game would have been so great.

From what ive read Ashraf Ismail used his position to cheat on his wife. For me this doesn't sound legit. Game devs are no walking Cristiano Ronaldos. Maybe he did it but then it is his and his wifes problem. The people who harassed women with evidence where the higher ups from Ubisoft.

• B00MSIE
    332 posts

@kreutzgang

Think this was not the problem:
    Multiple women claimed Ismail had hidden the fact he was married while in relationships with them.

Think this was:
    Some also claimed Ismail had discussed his work on the series with them, providing development details not released publicly. 

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@b00msie yeah. The article says he also hit on women who were Assassin's Creed fans. Sounds quite sordid, really. OFC people do this kind of stuff all the time, but once you are using your job to score (and that includes flexing by leaking info), you should expect to get fired.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@kreutzgang

Ahh, then the problem was that he shared game details... Ok this is stupid... 😥

I usually liked him because he did a great job with Black Flag and Origins. And in Valhalla also his work was mostly done.

• AnimusLover
    86 posts

@longjohn119 You quoted the wrong person. I never said this; it was another poster. Understandable though since this forum is a mess.

• longjohn119
    559 posts

@animuslover Quotes are automatic so technically Ubisoft quoted the wrong person

• show_stoppa
    Original poster 47 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • DJAM3R
    11 posts

Odyssey was better. Yeah it's better that the loot isn't randomized but god is it boring to collect. Ac odyssey at least had interesting objectives

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics