Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• nkbcccsc
    3 posts

@jykke_mp yh i have the same problem but i hope ubi will fix this quickly cuase it's a shame AC Valhalla is such a good game

• JupixFIN
    2 posts

I believe I have the same issue.

Water in caves is reflecting at way too high brightness, it's totally white:

When the cave gets darker it's impossible to see anything:

This also happens indoors with characters' eyes:

I tried adjusting a lot of the settings but can't solve it. Enabling the framerate limiter fixes the water but breaks everything else (textures/surfaces disappearing/appearing, lights flickering...) so really it's not a usable workaround.

For what it's worth I play at max settings + HDR but it doesn't matter if I use HDR or not etc. I've tried various different settings.

I think this problem appeared for me when I upgraded my GPU and driver at the same time this week. Not willing to downgrade my drivers due to Cyberpunk wanting the newest possible drivers.

RTX 3090, 460.89 driver

• JupixFIN
    2 posts

@jupixfin
    Found the cause of the problem above. HDR windows setting in the control panel.
    HDR enabled from Windows, enabled ingame -> rendering bug
    HDR enabled from Windows, disabled ingame -> rendering bug
    HDR disabled from Windows, enabled ingame -> no rendering issue
    HDR disabled from Windows, disabled ingame -> no rendering issue

• jason33w
    1 posts

Is anyone else experiencing very strong and prevalent white flashes in cinematics only? These whife flashes are nearly seizure inducing in Ravensthorpe. Otherwise, outside of Ravensthorpe, in cinematics, it's like the Sun flickers and any sources of significant bloom (armor and fire) flicker or make the entire screen flash completely white. I had absolutely no issues before the Yule event started. After the 1.1.0 patch dropped, but before the Yule event started, everything was fine. I am saddened to say that I cannot play the game until this issue is addressed or resolved because I get nauseous with all the flashing. I am not interested in compromising on my graphics settings as this was not an issue prior to the event. Thanks!

• dim344
    28 posts

a solution a found on another thread that actually worked for me was turning "depth of field" off in the graphics section

• dim344
    28 posts

a solution a found on another thread that actually worked for me was turning "depth of field" off in the graphics section

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 681 posts

Hey there folks.

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. I have raised this with the team now. Can I ask you if you haven't already done so to attempt the temporary workaround suggested by a few players in this thread of disabling depth of field? Thanks.

Official Response
  • hemipsy
    4 posts

@dim344 none of these solution work with me. I try several video configuration but there is this flashing light and the game is impossible to played. I hope UBISOFT work on a path for this...

• jbelien
    1 posts

I have a similar issue.

I have white flashed during every cut scene including fight ending sequences.
    It started today starting with the fight against Kjtove

spoiler

• YazX_
    174 posts

set resolution scale to 100 in graphics option, had similar issue with homes roof tops and resolution scale was set to 90, perhaps its related.

• hemipsy
    4 posts

I've GTX 1080 NVIDIA and disabling depth of field don't fix the flashing bug. I've got a multidisplay station game and the same bug on every monitor. When i change the level of Detail (Ultra > minimum) the flashing is worth. I try to reinstall nvidia Driver but that's change nothing.
    i7-4770K, GTX 1080, Windows 10 LTSB version. x64, 8Go RAM.

• faixelorihinal
    3 posts

I also had this issue, was present in cutscenes and also in the fist fight against burgred. Setting depth of field to off has mitigated the issue. Although it appears to come back as soon as i turn it on to max again.

GTX 1070 with 460.79 drivers

• ViralInfekT
    6 posts

@nkbcccsc you need to download that specific version from nvidia and install it over the current one. Use the option which removes the "old" driver completely.
    You need to go to the nvidia webside and on the page where you select your graphics card you find near the bottom the link to the archive.

• ViralInfekT
    6 posts

Reverting the NVIDIA Driver from 460.89 to 457.51 fixed the flashing, but my FPS dropped to single digits. During the FPS drops the Audio plays back smoothly, but the motions of the characters were like in slow motion in addition to max 7 frames. It started during a cutscene and did not get better after the cutscene. I tried to fast travel and the FPS drop persisted. In addition to the FPS drop i could see graphical glitches all over the place in the background.

Reverting to the 460.89 Driver fixed the framerate, but the flashes are back. And turning off the Field of Vision did not change anything for me.

In addition to all this during my tests the Yule Festival Quests just ended at one point. The Quest NPC (the one related to the ale) still standing in the distance when the end of the quests was announced to me. I could not interact with this NPC in any way and the cutscene did not start. At least in previeous savegames those quests are still active.

It gets very frustrating. I think i'll avoid the game for at least a few months to let the devs iron out the problems. Sad that the yule festival will be ended by then, but this game is unbareable at the moment.

I am using a NVIDIA 1060 6 GB

• blitzzy71
    3 posts

Turning down shadows to medium worked for me.👍🏻

• bsofferl
    1 posts

@red-origins
    I have the same problem as shown in the video. It started todaz when yule fest started.

• hemipsy
    4 posts

@viralinfekt i do that but it doesn't work. I try with another video card (vga inboard) instead of GTX 1080 but the bug is still there. I don't think the bug is from the driver of video card.

• ViralInfekT
    6 posts

@hemipsy sorry to hear. In another thread my tip did help and he did not have FPS drops.
    Seems to be a combination of Hardware, Driver and the used effects.
    Frustrating for devs and players alike.

• jrdskinner
    1 posts

@ubi-orion This worked for me.

• WildHunt
    130 posts

@red-origins Do you have a dual-screen setup? This bug will always appear if you are using your other screen while you boot up the game. Even if you are watching a YouTube video, it can be anything, any program on the other screen, and this bug will start. Reboot the game with only your main screen active.

Suggested Topics