Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheSGC1
    Original poster 4 posts

Or, tbh, have a different color gradient. In Odyssey and Origins I always felt like there was a distinctive difference between the two - granted, you didn't need to be running around with torches to see everything, but there was something about the sun-drenched nature of the daytime versus the night panorama lit by fires from active settlements as a contrast to the darker shaded vistas of the night. Right now in Valhalla I find myself super surprised that it's night time, wondering when exactly it happened, because the moon's just taken over for the sun. Instead of a bright yellow light illuminating it's a bright white one.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Arivati
    8 posts

@thesgc1 I absolutely agree with you. Also, night is very short compared to a day. Doesn't reflect reality much. I think it should be bit longer.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@arivati I think they decided for shorter nights because the game often doesn't look as good in the night as it does in daytime. People are actually complaining and whining about AC Valhalla looking like a game from 10 years ago. They then show screenshots of cloudy and rainy nights. Something which in reality looks like [censored] too. The real world doesn't look awesome in shadows.

I do like their more realistic approach with lighting.

• Arivati
    8 posts

@souldrinkerlp The lighting at night a can leave with but the length of the night is way too short. What's the point of having abilities increase at night on your armour if night lasts for '5 min'? I try to play assassin style which proved to be very limited in Valhalla comparing to previous games. I understand this is a Viking based story but it supposed to be an Assassin's Creed story as well. So, something like the length of the night would be crucial for people who chose raven path and stealth.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@arivati I personally agree with you. Just wanted to give my thoughts about why they did this.

• Flanker1Six
    156 posts

Ubi nights; Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Ghost Recon, and AC all suffer from being too bright. I routinely go into the video options at the onset of night, and dial down the brightness to get a darker night; then reset the brightness to default when day break comes around. ACV's day/night cycle is too fast all the way around.

There are several reshade utilities (PC only?) posted at nexusmods.com.

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

@flanker1six

I can understand why a night in a huge modern city would be bright. But having the moon shine as brightly and cast shadows (!!!) just like the sun does - it makes me wonder, why have the day/night cycle at all?

Suggested Topics