Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

@souldrinkerlp The specific studio is irrelevant to the culture, which is what that post was about.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@dreadgrrl OP was too long and too whiney about Valhalla being soooo bad 🙂 I have a totally different opinion. I love Valhalla very much. Especially now that I have completed it. A true AC game again 🙂

• DreadGrrl
    165 posts

@souldrinkerlp It wasn’t the original post, but rather it was reply further down by a fellow Canadian that would be a bit confusing to non-Canadians which I was attempting to clarify. We have our own way of viewing things.

I thought the original post was spot on. I agree with the bulk of the points @animuslover made.

• AnimusLover
    Original poster 86 posts

@dreadgrrl OK, I see what you mean now. I didn't realise you were referring to Frosthound's post, I thought you were referencing my OP. Now Frosthound's post actually makes more sense with the full context, thanks.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

too long and too whiney souldrinker ? i don't object to fanboys like you supporting their chosen game makers but if you are seriously saying this game is good and the problems aren't severe it can only be one of 2 reasons, you're feigning ignorance to support this game. or you are one of the lucky 3 people who got an unbroken game.I still can't finish the game because of the broken "A brothers keeper"and the gitches in this clunker outnumber the mysteries it has.Am I just being whiney not being able to finish the game?Support the company as you will dude but have the courtesy to not belittle other peoples problems with this game which are very real and very frustrating!!!

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@duskdragon56496 Like I said I didn't read the OP. This topic isn't about bugs and yea, I suffered from a couple of bugs but I was able to complete the game pretty much 100%. This thread is about gamedesign choices and that people who want a real AC and hated Odyssey were a "vocal minority" and Ubisoft should never listen to these fans ever again because literally everything in this game (the working stuff) is absolutely worse than everything on the planet. That's the essence of the OP.

Had no problems with movement like OP. I was able to identify if I was jogging or running pretty easily. Had nearly no problem with parkour. The ones there are are bad. But Odyssey had worse Parkour as there weren't many parkour opportunities at all.

Only had problems with Haystacks when porting. When doing parkour I was able to spot the birds indicating a haystack.

I love "climing puzzles". I love the combat, a huge step forward from Odysseys button mashing. But I didn't use many skills anyway. I love options so I love they added the shield back. In New Game+ I will play a heavy build with shield probably. I can easily aim with the bow and take out an entire camp with headshots only and not missing a single arrow.

I also love the stamina bar.

I liked the boss fights and stealth. So yea, I pretty much disagree with everything OP said.

Edit: And also it should be added that the OP created like 3-4 threads about how bad the game is. And the same people reply in these threads over and over again. I wonder who the vocal minority actually is.

• fedaykin_ll
    1 posts

@animuslover I have to say I found the traversal to be really clunky in this game too. And agree in general that they take many steps back into mechanics that i despised in the older games. I can't believe I'm having to chase sheets of [censored] paper again in this game. Who asked for that crap?!!! I'm surprised at this point I'm not having to do their clunky follow missions or being told at the end of a mission how they think I should have played it. I like the game in general but find many aspects that cater to the older and darker times in the franchise to be a giant bummer.

• Frosthound030
    124 posts

@fedaykin_ll can’t stand the paper chases, climbing is so bad it makes these a nightmare it’s like paper chases make your character purposely jump wrong, i feel my movement being restricted by the game during these chases, and that’s pretty low if you ask me, like missing obvious jumps and jumping off a house instead of forward, you can’t tell if your sprinting while chasing them either, and the annoying move some dev pulled was making the paper stop halfway thru a leap of faith jump, that’s not even remotely funny to me, that’s a dev being a jerk to players by doing that, and plus you can barely see the paper while chasing.

ill usually just set the paper off see it’s half way point wait for it to reset then make it go again and just run to the halfway point instead of following the paper

• Haggy51
    38 posts

@duskdragon56496
    There are far more than 3 Valhalla players who don't have "broken" games ... but they are not as likely to comment in the forums than those who are unhappy. It is always easier to complain than complement--contrarian human-nature. That said, there ARE bugs in this game, but most I've come across are irritating but in no way would cause me to hate this game. I remember all the problems AC Unity had at launch, and this game doesn't come close to that level of technical problems. UbiSoft fixed those, just as they will with Valhalla.

• KeepItValhalla
    11 posts

@haggy51 really? Because there are dozens, if not hundreds of bugs and glitches preventing players from either A) 100%ing the game (I'm experiencing 3 atm) B) preventing players from even finishing the game (I'm experiencing one in Jotunheim)

Just because you dont experience these things, doesnt mean they dont exist. Take a look at the Player Support section of the forums, or any other social media site. HUNDREDS of people complaining about bugs preventing progress. I dont remember Unity ever being in such a horrible state.

The sad thing is, I think Valhalla can be a truly great game. Unfortunately, Ubisoft Publishing doesnt give two shits about how their games launch, even if it's clear they need many, many more months of polishing. When it's all said and done, the bugs are (hopefully) all ironed out, and all the content is out... this game will always be remembered as the one with great potential but ruined by a horrendous launch and corporate greed. They dont care now, but when they see the underperformance of the next title, just like Syndicate after Unity, they'll be forced back to the drawing board.

For me personally, this was the first Ubisoft title I played at launch since Unity. And after the disastrous first month of Valhalla, it's going to be the last. I'm done trusting this incompetent and greedy publishing company to deliver functional games on launch day.

• JCar4327
    617 posts

@torfinr No, once you reach level 400 you begin to gain mastery points for your xp.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

Oh forgive me haggy for commenting in the forums about not being able to finish the game, silly me I thought forums were for discussions ,complaints support,things like that, but you're right who would comment one way or the other in a place designed for that very thing,pass the joint bud I could use a toke too!!!

• AnimusLover
    Original poster 86 posts

@haggy51 I agree it is easier to complain however I have historically sung Ubisoft's praises and even though Valhalla has issues I have noted some things it does really well. I am always rooting for Ubisoft to succeed as they make enjoyable games but when they f up I will say so too. Beong a fan does not mean accepting everything blindly.

• DuskDragon56496
    367 posts

Agreed Valhalla definitely has the potential to be a great game, but right now it's plagued with bugs and completion problems that are extracting far more frustration from me than interest. It isn't always enough to be just a pretty game with a triple "A" name backing it,sometimes it's really nice when the story makes sense, and it's really awesome when we're able to finish the game to begin with.There are many things I like about Valhalla,for instance every territory is earned through a story line,I love the idea of the settlement, I like the legendary animals but it would be nice if they would actually appear in the longhouse, at this point I have nothing!I think Valhalla still has a lot to offer but right now it's just a matter of waiting for patches to fix the many problems within it.

• Haggy51
    38 posts

@keepitvalhalla
    I didn't say that no one has had "game-breaking" issues, I merely said that there are far more players you will never hear from on this forum who have NOT had serious problems. This is far from a perfect game but if you haven't experienced real difficulties, you may like this game ... or you may not. But I am really tired of folks who have had bad issues thinking everyone has had them, because that simply is not true.

• AnimusLover
    Original poster 86 posts

@souldrinkerlp When you're a fanboy/girl like yourself the mildest criticism of something you like seems like it's being called the worse thing ever.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@animuslover I am not a fanboy neither a fangirl. I just enjoy Valhalla. Seems like there are only extremes for you?

• AnimusLover
    Original poster 86 posts

@souldrinkerlp Nope, I'm in the middle and yet you claim I'm saying it's the worst thing ever. Stop projecting.

• AnimusLover
    Original poster 86 posts

@forcefrank Thanks and you were 100% right about Cyberpunk lol

• ImaginaryRuins
    405 posts

I played the AC series from the very first one up to Valhalla.

I always just tell myself to enjoy what the games had to offer, instead of asking them to become what I wanted them to be.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics