Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • d24rohit
    13 posts

@wolandjunker Well said. I have given up. I am definitely not spending any more time playing this buggy game again just to finish it. Disappointing

• ashleysosa44
    34 posts

Why is it that multiple dlc's have been released WITHOUT the solving of these issues? I have done everything else you can do in this game, save for the river raids, and the fish, and animals that are still not spawning. I reached all of the spots in Asgard, collected all but one shard which isn't available of course, until AFTER the main Asgard quests. which are locked in a state of limbo. I have run around the map, trying all of these tricks to try and fix it, but nothing has worked. I have recorded this issue over and over again to show what happens, but this forum has a limit on on size. (go figure). Despite saving in Asgard upon waking up at another location outside of this quest, and with the quest not selected, everytime i do go back to Asgard, i go back to that bubble, that useless moron painting a rock, and a few giant blue smurfs coming at me while the majority of them stand around oblivious to my existance. They used to all attack me, but I think maybe the whole max leveling thing has made me less visable. idk.
    If i run out of the bubble, I start to slowly die until i return to bubble. If i quickly fast travel after running out of the bubble, I still die slowly when I respawn. But, if I kill the giant smurfs and am no longer I guess triggering the enemy sight, I can fast travel to another location in Asgard without dying. What good that does. I can still see the bubble when I do this. and I can return to it as well. I have tried quite a bit to kill the stupid man painting the rock, but the ba****d is invincible and oblivious to his surroundings. I can get him to walk a short distance from the rock but calling in my glorious steed and standing in the builders spot. he walks away for a moment, then comes right back and attempts to wiggle his way back to his spot.

I have never wanted to kill a character more in my life than I do that stupid builder. (Negan doesn't seem so bad anymore). if he would just die, that would solve everything. but no.

This is beyond ridiculous. paid $120 for this crap and I can't even finish it near half a year later. Not only that, the stuff that came with my double costing purchase you giver to everyone, what exactly did I get for it then? other than a broken game, and oh btw, the gear, yeah, that disappears and reappears everytime I play. resets the runes, and the level as well. I believe the gear was called Berserker. Yeah, everytime I load the game, it says, "loading add ons". and it resets them. that's what I paid $60 extra for. Thanks.

• ashleysosa44
    34 posts

@ashleysosa44 file size limit, "Maximum File size, 2048kb..... (2mb). So I try to reduce file size right..... Well, now another error appears, "Image dimensions are too big".

So I manage to get screenshots of my in game screenshots via phone to bring the file size down to .94mb..... and now it isn't the size that matters, it's the "Dimensions". The shape...

I mean, clearly these need to be uploaded because it seems that something that takes 6 months to fix is obviously due to a lack of resources, but you sure don't make it easy, do you. On the multitude of previous posts and errors from the various bugs we were told to gather and provide the screenshots on it so they know what we are talking about.

So now I am going to be over cropping my screenshots, of my screenshots and keep fingers crossed that the resulting image that can be uploaded has enough pixels to be legible.
    and maybe stack the video screen recordings to a youtube video. idk.

spoiler
    also, I do have 5 more screenshots of the screenshots, but these 3 posted had the majority of the specific issue which is defensive measures.

I have been documenting the other bugs as well so those are mixed in a bit. Like the gear resetting, fishing bugs, the straight up save data lost and missions resetting, undoing progress, other missions that were stuck but those were patched, etc... lots of bugs. Lots of screenshots and recordings of them.

But the videos are too large in file size to share even when cutting the 1 min videos resolution to the lowest setting I have available which is 720x480. Then cutting that 1 minute video to 6 parts of 10 seconds each...
    The 10 second low res videos are STILL TOO BIG to post. (8mb)

So cut down further....
    5 seconds low res video clip is STILL TOO BIG with a size of 4.45mb. (More than double the limit).

I'm not trying any further, since at 2 seconds it would take 30 clips to summarize just 1 single 1 minute video.
    [30 1-minute vids cut down to 30 2-second clips = 900 video clips. 😑

Level 409 + 52 mastery points .

256 hours of gameplay. (10 straight days)

spoiler

• ashleysosa44
    34 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ashleysosa44
    34 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ashleysosa44
    34 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ashleysosa44
    34 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ashleysosa44
    34 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ashleysosa44
    34 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1450 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences and feedback with "Defensive Measures." The development team are still investigating this issue further, and have no new updates to share. Rest assured once we have any new information to share from the investigation, we will update this thread as soon as we are able to. We are unable to speculate on any ETAs at this time, and apologise for any disappointment that has been caused.

Please note that the agents you see posting within the Player Support forum are not members of the development team, and we are unable to make statements on their behalf. Once we have any new information to share from the development team, we try our best to update you all as soon as we're able to.

@Claiger_ - Thanks for providing us with a video link. It looks like the video has been deleted from the folder. Would you be able to upload it again for us so the team can take a closer look?

@songlover124 & @SkypherDZN - I'd recommend checking out this megathread for more information into the investigation with the shield.

@WolandJunker - I'm afraid that this information is not available to us, and we would not be able to speculate on what is causing this issue to happen in-game. Once we have more information made available to share, it will be posted within the forums. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

@ashleysosa44 - I appreciate you taking the time to share your screenshots with us. In future, if you'd like to share so many images, I'd recommend sharing them as a link via an online sharing platform (such as Google Drive or OneDrive) to prevent spamming the thread. This will also help you to avoid any trouble with uploading the images to the forum itself. I would also recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or either of the drive platforms listed above) and posting a link. I've merged together several of the posts you've made into a single post.

If you're encountering other issues, I would recommend checking out the megathread list and sharing these reports in the dedicated thread. I know that we already have megathreads for missing fish, gear resetting and lost save data already, so please feel welcome to post in these megathreads if you haven't already.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Kakarot992
    2 posts

Hello to everyone. Im from Italy.
    I bought this full of bug game at the Day One with a new ps5.
    From then, I get this situation:

I cannot finish to bring the latest Trophy and cannot finish the game (180+ hours done) from 3/4 months. Its inaceptable from a software house Like Ubisoft, It was aceptable Only if the game was produced by a group of carpenters.
    Game disinstalled and no One of My friend Will buy again a game by Ubisoft.
    P.s. Sorry for my english.

• juliomacedo37
    8 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • juliomacedo37
    8 posts

Boa noite estou jogando Valhalla, completei todo o mapa da aliança, matei todos os membros da ordem e após essas missões fui para Asgard.

O jogo não avança na missão Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Medidas Defensivas “argard”, não sei mais o que fazer não consigo falar com o construtor após o primeiro ataque, gostaria da posição da desenvolvedora do jogo sobre o impasse o mais breve possível, obrigado,

Att

Julio Cesar Macedo

• WolandJunker
    16 posts

@ubi-borealis I get it, do not shoot the messenger, and as a matter of fact I'm not doing that, you're just the only guy that I can @. I'd rather bust their chops about this, because it's really astonishing to let such an outstanding bug slide. And not just letting it slide: refusing (or avoiding) to publicly address the issue to those who are affected. It's like selling a car without windows. Were I a real internet nut and not an average guy from Italy who plays your games for fun, this would certainly be lawsuit material. We'd like one of them to say something about this.

• AnimusAnomaly
    4 posts

@notso277

Funny you say that, I went back myself to complete trophies I did not get initially, that game was insanely good! So much fun and enjoyable to play, no crashes, no getting stuck.

Apart from minor annoyance in the menus and a fairly weak enemies, this is mind boggling to see how far back we went back with Odyssey and now Valhalla (apart from a refined UI and stronger enemies), falling way down was meaningful, burning was meaningful, no over grinding for resources and levels...

• juliomacedo37
    8 posts

Bom dia o jogo continua com o mesmo problema.

Completei todo o mapa da aliança, matei todos os membros da ordem e depois dessas missões fui para Asgard.

O jogo não avança na missão Assassins Creed Valhalla - Medidas Defensivas Asgard não sei mais o que não consegue falar com o construtor após o primeiro ataque dos npc's, após o escudo de bloqueio começar a falhar. (Vermelho) e não conseguimos passar por ele sem tomar dano.

Simplesmente construtor não se manifesta e o jogo não avança.

Gostaria da posição do desenvolvedor do jogo sobre o impasse o mais breve possível, ou devolução do dinheiro que gastei com o jogo R$ 299,00 na mídia física mais R$ 50,00 na compra da hélice, suprimentos para desenvolver no jogo.

Att

Júlio César

• itissavage
    2 posts

Any sense to when this request will finally be resolved? Heading to Valhalla, I get stuck under the shield, bring the jars to the builder, take out all the enemies and then nothing happens.

I just want to be done with this mission so I can move on within Valhalla and also make it to Jotunheim. Super bummed I cannot make it there otherwise.

PLEASE tell me this is coming soon!

• WolandJunker
    16 posts

@itissavage Don't hold your breath, dude. Mi take is this: they know it's a HUGE freaking problem for those who have it, but not enough people have it for them to care. Maybe a few hundred? A couple thousands? Who knows. But the reality is that this is obviously not a priority, the vast majority of players were able to play those scenarios so the guys upstairs don't give a single juicy [censored]. It's been like this for SEVEN MONTHS (a lifetime in game-development scale), so I already gave up. My advice? After the DLCs, when we'll be given the possibility to restart the game with the upgraded stats (since they made it so both in Origins and in Odissey, I assume it will happen with Valhalla too), be very careful to save your game WAY before starting that mission, so that you can give it more than one try.
    In the meantime, you better unpack Origins or Odissey and play a decent game, 'cause this one is not going anywhere.

• juliomacedo37
    8 posts

Bom dia o jogo continua com o mesmo problema.

Vai sair de um novo DLC e o problema ainda não foi corrigido, existe alguma previsão?

Completei todo o mapa da aliança, matei todos os membros da ordem e depois dessas missões fui para Asgard.

O jogo não avança na missão Assassins Creed Valhalla - Medidas Defensivas Asgard não sei mais o que não consegue falar com o construtor após o primeiro ataque dos npc's, após o escudo de bloqueio começar a falhar. (Vermelho) e não conseguimos passar por ele sem tomar dano.

Simplesmente construtor não se manifesta e o jogo não avança.

Gostaria da posição do desenvolvedor do jogo sobre o impasse o mais breve possível.

Att

Júlio César

• juliomacedo37
    8 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics