Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

Thank you for the added details, this has been passed on to be looked into.

Just to confirm, are you able to get a video of the Jar exploding or did that occur at a point before you can return to now?

Official Response
  • GliderJeff
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-baron
    hi. I can’t. I’m past that. That happend only one time. Unfortunately.

• andibasket3
    8 posts

The bug I want to report is that in mission “defensive measure” I have to bring jars to the builder, once I broght them nothing happen.

• standoffjosh
    68 posts

@ubi-baron @gliderjeff

unfortunately no video of the jar exploding, I’m as you say now in a state I can’t return to in regards to this level. But I can confirm the level worked perfectly fine and as I was receiving prompts to place jar next to the builder up until a jar exploded and then all dialogue from the builder stopped and level bugged out in regards to not being able to progress any further

Much appreciate you passing this on to be investigated

• Wolflord88
    1 posts

i got up to the part where I have to survive the attack but after the first wave they just stand around and don’t come in and if I leave to go trigger them I get damaged to much and die. Don’t really know what to do here because I’m stuck on the part of the quest. Playing on PS4 btw

• standoffjosh
    68 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • standoffjosh
    68 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@guest-k9xpxkmf Hi everyone! I've forwarded the video clip standoffjosh provided to our investigating teams, since we have received a few other reports of this error occurring during "Defensive Measures". Once we have updates to share, we'll post them to the game's official website, so please check there for more information. I greatly appreciate everyone's continued patience and understanding in the meantime.

Official Response
  • Surmulefisk
    1 posts

Hi.

I have been trying to finish the quest Defensive Measures on Ps4 but the NPC called the builder has disappeared from the shield after it has failed and I had defeated the enemies. No cut scene started and now the questline is just empty but the quest is still unfinished. Anyone else had this problem?

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts
    This post is deleted!
    Official Response
  • MrTysta
    2 posts

I'm stuck at Defensive Measures quest. I've killed all the enemies but the shield doesn't come back on. What should I do?

• LoneMicrobe48
    2 posts

I was doing Asguards Defensive measures quest when not all the enemies would show up, I would leave the barrier and look but had to return shortly afterwards due to the damage. Well after multiple reloads I went ahead and went to my map and woke up, 50 hours later I head back in and wind up at the gates on the other side of the map. I have 4 rations at the moment and full health but I cant make it back to the builder so I can try to help the builder again because since im outside the barrier I take damage. But you cant get back to the builder because you dont get enough health to make it to him. Now asguard is unplayable to me is there any way to fix this, or a possible patch that could help? Or anything Im a little desperate?

• PolarBearini
    1 posts

I'm unable to complete the Defensive Measures quest in Asgard. It bugged out on me the first time I attempted it where the enemies wouldn't even come to the shield zone. I fast traveled back to England to see if it would fix the issue but that made it worse. Now, when I go back to Asgard the game thinks I'm still doing the mission and I die because I'm outside the barrier.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 709 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. The developers have been back in touch and would like us to ascertain whether this issue is present only on Xbox One, as well as gather save files from any players affected (this is only be possible on PC and PS4 unfortunately). GliderJeff and standoffjosh, I understand you are both on Xbox One - do you know of anyone else affected who is not on the same platform as yourself? If so, could you direct them to post in this thread and share a video of the issue as well as their save files via a support case?

I'll continue to search for additional reports of this issue and merge any duplicate threads into this one, but for now, thank you in advance for your help!

Official Response
  • GliderJeff
    Original poster 10 posts

@ubi-woofer

hi,

yes we are on Xbox. I don’t know anyone else with this problem. Unfortunately I donT have the save files anymore since I played almost 50 hours after that event.

• NiteSpawn95
    1 posts

@ubi-woofer

I’m playing on PS4 and ran into the same issue, however the pots didn’t explode for me. The builder would just say a bunch of dialogue about “being careful with the paint” and no matter how many jars I set down by him or where I placed them, nothing would happen. I reloaded a save once and it still didn’t fix it. Finally I got it to work by reloading the earliest auto save I had from that mission, and placing about three jars before the mission moved on and he had new dialogue. Just wanted to give my input and share that it is occurring on PS4 as well.

• XvonX
    2 posts

I have been so disappointed that you guys have yet to address this issue. Many users are not only reporting about the jars but the entire quest it’s self. I sent in an email about this and the only response I received was “We are aware of this issue and we are investigating. I apologize for any inconveniences that this has caused you.” gHow much longer do We have to wait without any word or update one the issue? I looked around on the internet and many people have been reporting that you guys might take months to fix the issue. I’m sorry but I preorder this game when it was first available to be preorder so I don’t understand why I can’t have the full experience like any another user? Do you want us to restart the game and lose all of our progress for your convenience, when we paid for the game. There’s no way we will be able to get back to the quest without dying, so I understand you guys have many requests but hey! You should have held out for a little longer and delayed it so it can be the best experience for everyone and that’s why I’m not buying watch legions. I want to know today! What will you guys do about it, because it wasn’t on your updated list, when is the next update because another week by went by and new games are coming out don’t expect everyone to stay playing buggy games through Christmas into the new year.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 221 posts

@xvonx Hey there, we've received reports of players who are unable to complete the quest Defensive Measures, and our development team has been made aware of this issue and they are currently investigating the problem moving forward. If you're on PS4 or PC, we would appreciate if you could also forward us your save files in a support ticket. I am sorry for the frustration this caused during time in Assassin's Creed Valhalla, but thank you for your patience and understanding while our team works to resolve this issue. 

Official Response
  • go1an101
    1 posts

@ubi-smash if you're aware and investigating why isn't it on the known issues page. Maybe you should release finished games some day, or maybe even just playtested ones.

Wasted my money on a game that locks you out of like a quarter of it's content.

• XvonX
    2 posts

@ubi-smash I’m over the being patient and waiting. How do you expect us to stay patient when you guys don’t have the courtesy to even inform or update on the situation. It’s not just this game it’s watch dogs as well! I was so hyped about both of these games and you know what I’m not going to buy watch dogs because I have wasted my time. I have been a fan of Ubisoft since the first assassins creed and you guys lost me. You expect me to be patient when I paid my hard earned money during these times to support my favorite gaming company. You want me to send continue support tickets when the last time prior to the update I sent a ticket and all I got was thank you for being patient. What do you guys!!! Get from getting my save file? There are tons of people who send tickets to you guys on this issue and it didn’t even make it to the known issues but yet you expect us to believe you. Thanks for wasting my time... I’ll wait for a better game to come out next week on the 10th! At least they delayed the process so I can play 120% of the game how I want to play! Not waiting for the company to tell me to be patient to finish my game!!! That I purchased!

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics