Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SkypherDZN
    14 posts

@skypherdzn alrighty guys and girls: TU 1.2.0. has NO mention of defensive measures. Bloody ridiculous.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3529 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As we have had no further reports of this issue persisting in-game following the release of TU 1.2.2, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any further trouble when progressing in "Defensive Measures," please don't hesitate to open up a new thread so we can take a closer look. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the issue you're encountering as possible. Any images or videos that demonstrate the issue in-game are also helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • itissavage
    2 posts

Adding my hat to the ring. Transport to Asgard, sit beneath the shield, take out every enemy in sight and nothing. Would love to progress this further. (XBox One)

• Rufwood2020
    4 posts

Can someone please clarify if this is addressed in the new patch arriving tomorrow. No mention of it in the notes at all, its game breaking and ive had this issue since launch.

Unless i can get my refund 🤣

• Serberous69
    5 posts

Funny that this has not been fixed yet. 2 updates but nothing. Been waiting on a fix for this for months. There is a whole section of the game that I can't even progress through because of the bug in this mission that clearly thousands of players have reported. What is the hold up Ubisoft?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3529 posts

Hello there!

The development team are still looking into the issue wherein, after bringing the jars of paint to the Builder, "Defensive Measures" does not proceed further. This is why it was not included in TU 1.2.0. We apologise for any disappointment that has been caused by this. We currently have no new updates to share from the ongoing investigating into this quest. Once we have more information to share with you all, it will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

If you are unable to proceed in "Defensive Measures" as the shield doesn't work, or the Builder disappears from the area, you can follow this investigation in this megathread.

Thanks all 😊

Official Response
  • WolandJunker
    16 posts

I came by just to CERTIFY ('cause honestly, at this point it was a tad redundant) that nothing good for us was coming from this update either.
    Glad to see I was right.
    Just a re-post of the same answer they gave us like two months ago.
    "Yeah, we're looking into it. Actually, we're staring blankly at it."

Meanwhile, I discovered the reason that I didn't get bits and pieces of the game's ending: because a vital piece for understanding it is found in Jotunheim. So now I got a spoiler too.

Thanks guys.

Great effort with this game.

Almost SIX months like this.

But I am really happy that

• There will now be more cats throughout England. *The best clutter.* 
    • Foxes should no longer spawn inside Lunden. 

That's amazing! Now I DO NOT WANT my money back

My most sincere congratulations.

• standoffjosh
    77 posts

@wolandjunker is getting frustrating isn’t it, I really enjoyed this game and would just like to complete one of the main story arcs in the game thst is Asgard.

I’ve hoped it would of been fixed but looks my only option is to start a new game despite playing 150+ hours and completing everything in the game expect for the Asgard area due to this GAME BREAKING BUG 😞. Sad sad day, I’ve purchased every console release game for Assassins Creed and never had an issue. ( I luckily bought Unity years later so didn’t have to deal with that poor error ridden game upon release)

• Claiger_
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis Thought I'd share another video of what I'm experiencing with Defensive Measures issue myself. Unfortunately it doens't seem to exactly fall into either category, though it seems a bit of both. I hope this helps with the investigation.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BBxu7eivdiYAvuYJ9

Please let me know when you've gotten the info on this and I'll go ahead and delete the video link.

• TheRealKhaliel
    7 posts

Will there be a new game plus mode added to Valhalla? I have about 300 hours played and I love the game. I would really like to replay the story while keeping everything that I've earned in my initial play through.

• TheRealKhaliel
    7 posts

I'm about 300 hours into the game and I've acquired just about everything you can get but the Defensive measures quest is still bugged and I have not been able to complete the Asgard and Jotenhiem questlines. Im curious as to if theres going to be a fix for this added to the game at this point. This bugs has existed since the launch of the game it's now March. If theres not going to be a bug fix then a New game plus mode would be nice so that I can restart Asgard from the beginning to bypass the bug and replay the entire game without losing all the content I've earned. Thank you.

• Serberous69
    5 posts

@claiger_ same problem. You are not alone.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@therealkhaliel Please stay tuned for any information regarding future content on the game's official website, since these details would be posted there. 😊

Official Response
  • songlover124
    6 posts

I hope this is the right place to post about this. Although my issues is not with the jars, I cannot complete the defensive measures quest since when it says "kill all invaders" none show up. I have to actively bait the ones I can find and even then when I kill them nothing happens. Please help.

• wmmurphy000
    20 posts

@skypherdzn The only way to get them to actually respond to this is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The company is located in San Francisco according to the BBB.

• wmmurphy000
    20 posts

@therealkhaliel The only way to get them to actually respond to this is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The company is located in San Francisco according to the BBB.

• wmmurphy000
    20 posts

@wolandjunker The only way to get them to actually respond to this is to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The company is located in San Francisco according to the BBB.

• SkypherDZN
    14 posts

@songlover124 I have the same problem. I got past the jar part but now I am stuck in the last objective of the mission. Killing the invaders. Circle is red color. Some attack but others are about 50-100m away and wont come by themself. I can't leave the circle as u lose health when u do so. Even with mods (unlimited health) killing all of the enemies that are far away doesn't help because they just respawn. This mission is deffo broken in many ways as ppl keep reporting different kind of progress issues.

Yet, @Ubi-Borealis and his/her colleagues are not working as we the community can expect them to on a game breaking bug. This game is actually worse than unity for me because unity didn't have game breaking bugs for me.

• WolandJunker
    16 posts

Meanwhile, the nth bug-fixing update is out tomorrow.
    It fixes the notoriously game breaking issues of the Ostara festival, and - so it says - it makes the Ostara missions RE-PLAYABLE

SO IT *CAN* BE DONE!

WHAT A MIRACLE! Who'd have thought! The marvels of technology, huh?

Well, then again, who cares, it's not like we're stuck with a major issue since november. Keep on fixing the shoelaces of a hanging corpse, buddies. It's not like it's already dead.

• LSNGamer
    3 posts

In the patch before the last one, we were told that Defensive Measures was being worked on. It hasn’t been fixed since the last patch. Is there any update on this? Like me, there’s a lot of gamers stuck in this mission and can’t continue Asgard. Please give us so idea if or when it’s going to be fixed.

• NotSo277
    12 posts

I have finished the story but I am stuck on this bug and can't finish the rest of the game (Xbox One). 😠 I have even looked back on the "under investigation" section and this mission is no longer on the list? Why has it been removed.

Ubisoft, you want me to buy the DLC's ... yeah right.
    All you seem to be worried about is fixing the buggy festivals and not the main game. This was the first game that I bought early but I will never be doing that again.
    I hope someone there has enough courage to put this bug back up again and get it fixed.

I think I may go back to Origins like so many other players as it is a much better finished game.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics