Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • SkypherDZN
    14 posts

@standoffjosh just checked, it works! finally, after more than half a year of waiting. they skipped the part of the fighting etc for me. I landed right before the ending cutscene of defensive measures. I really dont mind missing out on the fight that occures before as I have attempted it way to often when it was bugged.

Only downside is I am no longer interested in this game due to not being able to continue it. Playing gta 5 now.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2111 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Defensive Measures" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Defensive Measures" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • AnimusAnomaly
    4 posts

Thanks for fixing it by making the builder re-appear so we can progress in the game.

• WolandJunker
    16 posts

@standoffjosh It does work! Finally! I am still baffled by the time it took them to fix it, but at least it's done. This is a big relief. My soul is at peace 😄
    (Let's hope is the last one of this magnitude)

• standoffjosh
    73 posts

@wolandjunker the builder still isn’t recognising the jars for me on Defensive measures which is so so annoying 😞

• Archerpoko
    1 posts

Sadly latest patch did not fix it for me 😕
    Proof:

• standoffjosh
    73 posts

@archerpoko exactly the same for me on XB1 buddy. So frustrating that they fix only one fix for this level when their is several and this jars issue has been reported since week of launch

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences with "Defensive Measures." I'm happy to hear that this issue has been resolved for some of you following TU 1.2.1.

I would like to assure those still affected that the development team are still taking a closer look at this quest, and we don't yet have any new updates to share with you all from the investigation. I've passed on all the reports that have been shared in this thread to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. Rest assured that once we have any new updates made available to us, these will be shared in this thread and in the News & Announcements forum as soon as we are able to.

@Kakarot992 & @Archerpoko - Thanks for taking the time to share a video with us. I've passed these along to the development team so they can take a closer look.

@juliomacedo37 - I'm afraid we are only able to offer support in English within these forums. Would you be able to provide a translation of your posts? Alternatively, if you'd like to speak to an agent from your region, you can open a support ticket or start a live chat.

@WolandJunker - I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Currently, the development team do not post in the forums. If you haven't already, I would recommend checking out the recent Dev Blog for more insight into the internal development processes. We have passed the feedback you have shared to the dedicated teams. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to proceed past "Defensive Measures" since the release of TU 1.2.1. Thank you for updating us!

@boondox83 - Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. The development team are still investigating this issue further, and we don't yet have any new updates regarding a fix. I apologise for any disappointment that has been caused. I've checked your account and I can see that you didn't purchase the game from the Ubisoft Store. If you would like a refund, I recommend contacting your original retailer for more assistance with this request.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Sharpie620
    3 posts

this is so frustrating that even after so many updates where this problem was known it still doesn't work. why cant they just give us the option to restart the quest of even restart the whole of asgard. i just want to be able to complete the game.

• standoffjosh
    73 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks the the update, fingers crossed one of the next patches fixes this issue with the jars not being recognised by the builder

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@Sharpie620 - The development team has confirmed that there are no plans to introduce a "Reset Quest" feature:

Due to the structure of quests within the game, a "reset/restart quest" feature is not feasible at this stage of development. While some quests and world events allow you to walk away or reload your save in order to reset them, this is not the case for every instance within Valhalla. We strongly recommend regularly adding manual saves, especially before and after pivotal moments, to ensure you have backup states to revert to if needed.

I apologise for any disappointment caused by this. Please be assured that the development team are investigating what could be potentially causing this issue further. I've notified them that the issue has been resolved for some players following TU 1.2.1, so this information can be included in the ongoing investigation. Once we have any new updates from the development team to share, these will be posted within the forum as soon as possible.

@standoffjosh - Thank you for your understanding. We've reached out to the development team to see if we can get any new updates from the investigation to share with you all. As soon as we know more, this will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • standoffjosh
    73 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Kakarot992
    2 posts

After the latest update, the builder still not recognize the jairs that I put in the front of him.....so bad. Game uninstalled again.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Kakarot992!

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to progress further in "Defensive Measures." This issue is still under investigation, which is why it wasn't included in TU 1.2.1. You can read more about the fixes included in this update here.

I'm happy to share an update from the development team regarding the investigation into the Builder's paint jars! The team have confirmed that they intend to fix this issue in a future update. This update is targeted for a release in June. We don't have a confirmed date for when this update is to be released. Once we have more definite information, it will be shared within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • standoffjosh
    73 posts

@ubi-borealis really appreciate this update, happy you’ve been able to hear back from the development team and confirm it’s due to be fixed

• javierimara1
    3 posts

Dear, good morning, the failure of the defensive measures mission, (when I put the jars, nothing happens and it does not allow me to advance in the game, nothing happens), persists, and I installed the latest version of the update 1.2.1 but it did not solve this problem . I have also changed from ps4 to ps5 and the problem also persists. Please solution !!!

• standoffjosh
    73 posts

@javierimara1 it’s looking like this issue we both have due to be fixed in the upcoming June patch mate. It’s listed in the known issues forum thread and Scheduled to be fixed in June. Not too long now buddy, I’ve had this issue since November and the first week of release so I’m just as eager for it to be fixed and resolved as yourself

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @javierimara1!

As shared by @standoffjosh, the development team are intending to resolve this issue in TU 1.2.2. The targeted release period for this update is June 2021. We don't yet have a definite date for when this update will be deployed. As soon as we have any confirmed information regarding this, it will be shared within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • standoffjosh
    73 posts

Please can I have some confirmation that ‘Addressed an issue preventing the Defensive Measures quest from updating under specific circumstances.’ Means this Jar issue will be fixed on tomorrow’s titles update,

• Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Defensive Measures" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Defensive Measures" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • standoffjosh
    73 posts

@ubi-borealis I can confirm this latest patch has fixed this issue with the builder when I entered Asgard the mission has Skipped this step and you are prompted to observe the builder from the rock . After having this issue since the week of release and completed everything on the game apart from Asgard I can finally finish this game at last.

Thank you for getting this fixed

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics