Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • mreledil
    Original poster 1 posts

Hi,

I've just received PS5 console in UK. I've also bought PS4 disc version of AC:Valhalla. To my suprise the option to upgrade to PS5 edition is missing (I've checked multiple guides how to upgrade and it's just not there). Is that an issue with the disc or console or the upgrade haven't been released yet for UK?

Regards,

Pawel

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1426 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed update. As mentioned by my colleague @Ubi-Raziel, this issue should now be resolved.

If you are still having trouble upgrading your copy of Assassin's Creed: Valhalla from PS4 to PS5, please ensure that you have completed all of these steps first, as these steps will guide you through how to upgrade eligible games.

If you're still unable to upgrade your game, I would recommend opening a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at this for you. You can open a support ticket in the following ways:

When opening a support ticket, please include the following information:

• Your country of residence
    • The country your PSN account is registered to
    • If you own the physical version of the game, please include images of the front/spine/back of your game box. The best way to do this is to open the game box, lie it flat and then take a clear photo.
    • If you own the digital version of the game, please include a full-screen image of your proof of purchase, as displayed on your console.

@gromulus85 - If you've still been unable to upgrade your PS4 version of the game to PS5, please can you ensure that you have followed all of the steps listed above? Otherwise, please can you open a support ticket so our team can take a closer look.

@bluestape - It sounds like you may have encountered a region lock issue, as your account is set to a different region to where the game was purchased from. I would recommend contacting PlayStation support for further assistance.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Simbowen
    3 posts

@mreledil I'm having exactly the same problem. No option to get the free upgrade.

• Tasha-Soriah
    164 posts

@mreledil its there, ive just done it. When your on the games tile its there below on the right to upgrade/buy the ps5 version free of charge. You also have to download any addons from the store too.
    undefined

For me it was there but as im downloading it now, its changed to a helix credits addon.

• agentmattaroon
    2 posts

@tasha-soriah nope this option is missing for a lot of us and no on seems to know how to fix it!

• Tasha-Soriah
    164 posts

@agentmattaroon well the upgrade is available in UK as thats where im at, sorry i couldn't be more help

• agentmattaroon
    2 posts

@tasha-soriah Im also UK, the online guids say insert disc, dont chose copy option chose upgrade button, but there is no upgrade button, ive spoke to ubisoft online chat and they cant even solve this issue?!
    When you say install add ons what do you mean?

• Tasha-Soriah
    164 posts

@agentmattaroon i put the disk in, then clicked the tile i showed u when it was the upgrade tile for the ps5 version, i then scrolled down to the addons section and downloaded the ones that were available to me free which was all the ones for the ultimate edition. Its all currently downloading now. I also had to go to my storage settings and delete the ps4 version as i had no option to pick and choose so it installed the ps4 version 1st, i did it the manual way.

• Simbowen
    3 posts

I've just spoken with Ubisoft support, who have basically told me the upgrade is unavailable. After linking them to this thread, they have advised me to take it up with Sony.

• Bosscat1980
    2 posts

Same issue... No upgrade option! 😞

• VinkoStinko
    2 posts

Anyone else unable to upgrade form PS4 to PS5 version (UK)? It doesn’t show anywhere on my PS5 that there might be a free upgrade.

Cheers!

• Datsovski
    3 posts

@simbowen Well this sucks. I'm having the same issue with this game. I can't seem to find the upgrade button anywhere.

• AssWh00p
    2 posts

Same issue here. Disc version and no upgrade option when inserting the disc. Tried it on different user accounts as well. Absolutely sucks.

Would be nice to get a genuine ubisoft response here other then "take it up with sony"

• Datsovski
    3 posts

@asswh00p Just got a response from Playstation support, their response is "take it up with Ubisoft"........

• Datsovski
    3 posts

@vinkostinko Yeah, a lot of people are having this issue, including me.

• Karl.Beeden
    2 posts

I have the same issue with both Assassins Creed and Watch Dogs. Upgrade option does exist for Borderlands 3 and Dirt 5.

• Louissiscool788
    1 posts

I have exactly the same problem even did a factory reset of the console to see if that worked, it didn't. I guess we are stuck with this then as Ubisoft and Sony both blame each other conveniently.

• Karl.Beeden
    2 posts

Ubisoft chat just told me they are aware and working on the issue. They said it was the same issue for watchdogs

• fuzzball909
    4 posts

I'm having the same issue too, no option to download a free upgrade. Didn't pay £450 for a new console to play the same version of the game that I've been playing for a week already on PS4. Not happy

• VinkoStinko
    2 posts

@datsovski let’s hope it gets fixed soon, quite frustrating!

• ThePrivatePart
    1 posts

Have Ubisoft said anything about this problem can’t seem to get on any of there twitter account

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics