Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • rtm_suley
    1 posts

@theprivatepart same issue here all I can say guys is be patient dont download anything we wait and see from a week from launch let more users complain and something MUST happen, if not we team up and storm ubisoft and Sony headquarters. This world taking us for plonkers as it is enough is enough!

• PossibLeigh
    1 posts

Hello. I'm trying to upgrade from a disc ps4 version, but can't see any option to do so. Have I missed something obvious? I'm in the UK in case that matters. Thanks!

• Sattaniell
    3 posts

@possibleigh Same here . I googled and saw from were people upgrade , but i don't have that option

• Sattaniell
    3 posts

@vinkostinko Same here , im [censored] !

• Opeth12ps4
    1 posts

Same for me. Watch dogs legion has same issue. Other games not by ubisoft upgraded fine

• Sattaniell
    3 posts

Hello , i have the PS4 disc copy of AC Valhalla but the PS5 upgrade is nowhere to be found . Please assist

• sacichi
    1 posts

Shambles.

Watch dogs has upgraded for me. However, Assassins Creed Valhalla has no option to.

Bit of false advertising on ubisofts part by plastering the front of the blu-ray case with "ps5 upgrade available".

As the box has been opened i can't even take it back to the shop and switch it for the ps5 disc version.

What a pi$$-take ubisoft!

• omnistrife99
    7 posts

I’ve just found a workaround on Reddit, you can add a new user and create a Turkish account and that will have the free upgrade, I’ve confirmed this myself.

Create the account, download the free PS5 upgraded version from there, switch back over to your own account and play the PS5 version.

Note that you can easily switch between the PS4 disc version and PS5 digital version so watch out for which one you choose to launch. It’s a very very sloppy system on Sony’s part unfortunately. If you didn’t install the disc it should be easy to tell though, one will say Copy and one will say Play.

I was asked by PlayStation twitter to provide a picture of the disc showing the CUSA region code, not had a reply yet but I guess there must be an issue with some regions not recognising the upgrade.

• Bionutter
    2 posts

Same here. When I insert the disc, the option to upgrade to the PS5 version is not free. It's asking me to buy the PS5 version to upgrade.

So in essence I am only able to install and play the PS4 version from my disc. This seems like it may be a regional thing as the US guys seem to be able to do it, but here in South Africa I cannot. I see that the issue is impacting Europe too.

I really hope Ubisoft sorts this out as I would love to play the game this weekend.

• Tasha-Soriah
    164 posts

I may have an idea, try pressing options on the game tile and seeing what version you have it set as, you cant upgrade if you have it set to ps4 apparently so change it to ps5. See if that works.

• AssWh00p
    2 posts

So i made a new user account, with a Turkey address, and i can confirm it lets you upgrade the game to ps5 version. Then you should be able to play it on your main account.

After my european and us account did not show the upgrade, the only one that did it is the turkish one.

Try and check it.
    Hope it works for you guys.

• Andytorro
    2 posts

I have purchased the PS4 version of Valhalla. I am trying to install on my PS5 but it is not giving me the option to upgrade to the PS5 version. I have followed exactly the instructions on the playstation.com/help section. I have also watched videos on YouTube posted by successful upgraders. Posts on redit this morning appear I am not alone.
    I have been on chat with Ubisoft who appear oblivious of the issue. I have a UK version of the game and a UK PS network account. The store where I brought it from have refused to accept a swap for the PS5 version as I have opened it and they are correct in saying there is no actual fault with the disc

• Leibomail
    1 posts

@andytorro

Same here...

Bought the disk ps4 version and yesterday at europe release recived my ps5.

It seems i cannot upgrade my product to ps5 when inserted the disk to my new console

The game version cusa 18535

Ubi support, Please advise

• Tasha-Soriah
    164 posts

@leibomail @Andytorro

Try going onto the gametile on the homescreen and clicking on options. From there go to version and see if you can select ps5 instead of ps4. From there you should be able to download the ps5 version of the game and any addons.

If that doesnt work u need to contact ubisoft and dont let them fob u off on sony as they will say contact ubisoft lol.

• Andytorro
    2 posts

@tasha-soriah thanks for the advice. I have already done as suggested. Ubisoft seem not to be accepting there is an issue.
    Frustrating to say the least

• Tasha-Soriah
    164 posts

@andytorro

Its what i had to do tbh. Found it downloaded the ps4 version so i switched it to the ps5 version and was able to then download it from the tile shown in pic, it changed to helix credits once i started the download lol

undefined

It is an issue as this isnt the 1st thread ive seen about this.

• WildChild1336
    4 posts

I just got my PS5, i have inserted ac valhalla ps4 disk and it just installed and downloaded the normal update. On hub it still says its PS4 and there is nowhere to upgrade it to ps5 even though it says on the disk. So im not currently sure if its upgraded on its own or not because it still says ps4.

• fuzzball909
    4 posts

@wildchild1336 A whole load of us have the same issue, check out https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/82934/next-gen-upgrade-missing-ps4-to-ps5/20 Ubisoft know about the issue and are working on it but can't give a timeframe for sorting it.

• Bosscat1980
    2 posts

@asswh00p Legend!!! Worked for me Thanks!!

• HewiHewi2
    1 posts

@andytorro
    I've got exactly the same issue. Upgrade has worked with other games just not Valhalla. What are Ubisoft playing at?

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics