65h gameplay feedback0 Likes/3 Replies/68 ViewsOriginal poster Rensrecluse 3 posts
hello there Dear Vikingr and drengirs
i wanted to shed some light on the what im currently experiencing and what
impacts my experience + some things i ran into that i struggle with and hope
to see be adressed in the future
so after being halfway done with the game and playing on Beserkr mode i can safely say the combat
in this particular one is THE WORST it has been so far.
- AI runs away mid fight even if it's in an arena ( happends more with humanoid fights then it does beast fights)
- the detection of hitboxes is a very hit or miss one ( i can stand next to the enemy and not be hit ever. but if im in somehow behind him or on the front side of him when him swining to side i get hit)
- inconsistency with parrying ( because of course it is)
- fights glitching out and getting stuck behind walls doors and rock ( the sisters of learion can be flung outside the arena with the hookspear ability and get stuck behind a tree and not respond to your advances anymore but also wont teleport so easy kills)
also what i've met in this game that i havnt experienced in others is the parkouring. it feels allot less fluid then it did in odyssey
- when im running and i jump down a roof onto a pole that has elevation my character doesnt keep running or moving upwards despite me holding down the +A button to free-run.
- when im climbing it doesnt wanna auto jump to the next ledge after having done a big jump to the next one or when i climbed up to a next ledge it doesnt want to continue climbing
- somehow getting to the side branch of a tree is IM-POSSIBLE for my character.
And then lastly the quests. not the quests itself those are fun but markings and the hands-off approach of the quests the " you figure this one out" is frustrating
- the marker dissapears
- the questline can get bugged halfway trough not knowing if you actually done the thing it asked
- vague descriptions
- issues with ai and offcourse the map
these are some of the things i have came across that impacted my fun and experience with the game. it's not allot but it does entail the majority of the game.
there are things that i do love about the game like the puzzles within it the stealth is OK if not just about not forced as the previous titles, the weapon variety is fun
the raiding is fun too ( even tho sometimes that doesnt seem to work as intended) . stuff like flyting and orlog are fun tho but the drinking one is the least fun
so i hope ubisoft kinda looks over the system of parkouring and combat ai because those are my biggest gripes
Whats yours? what have you guys come across that where like pretty bad for your experience?
SouldrinkerLP 316 posts
@rensrecluse I also thought one time a key disappeared. But there was a note to read and I had to follow it and go to a certain place nearby to find the key
I really LOVE these puzzles. Best part about the open world tbh. But of course this comes down to personal opinion. Maybe they can add a difficulty slider for puzzles (like old adventure games had). When you put it on easy you don't need to find any keys etc.