ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bitebug2003
    Original poster 112 posts

First off, I'd like AC to go back to it's roots where assassins and the brotherhood took center stage

The hidden blade is back but it really seems like an afterthought.

spoiler

Blending makes a nice return, but with the enemy detection rate so high it's near impossible to 'blend' before the indicator changes to full alert.

Interacting with certain things has a sweet spot and if you aren't close enough the prompt won't appear.
    For example I tried blending with Monks last night - the white dot appeared but not the prompt to blend in, and meanwhile an enemy had spotted me, and the white indicator was slowly filling up and I'm still trying to blend in - but you must not run or move faster (the monks are moving too) - oh no - that causes a full blown alert with half the town after you.
    In short I failed to blend in as the prompt was too finicky.

There is a place in Oxenefordshire when you can trigger a pack of lynx's to aggro - despite being on horseback and at full sprint trying to get away from them, they wouldn't stop chasing me and were literally in my tail - animals should de-aggro after a certain distance and not chase me halfway across the country - Same for wolves.

Controller mapping.
    Why does any change I make to the controller mapping conflict with other commands?
    I had to unlearn the trap skill as it kept interfering with Odin's Sight if I was too close to a dead enemy - my friend did the same
    Why can't the Touchpad be mapped to another action as it's only used for the Cinematic camera (which I only used once).
    The Touchpad can't be changed for the Menu/World - Changing it to Options would have been nice, so that I could map the Touchpad to Odin's Sight and then relearn the trap skill so that I can use it.

Load times are quite long

spoiler

For the rest I am enjoying the game for what it is. I love history and I'm always impressed how Ubisoft manages to create a new world in a different time period with all the research involved
    I love Eivor and I like her banter and I like how underneath all that Viking-ness she has a soft heart.
    The side quests are interesting - some are just silly - but nonetheless they are varied enough.

I have put around 80 hours so far, and I still have a long way to go

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bitebug2003
    This post is deleted!
  • bitebug2003

The animation for going up certain stairs in Jotunheim is quite wonky

Are the Jotun meant to respawn that quickly after leaving a room and then going back to it? 🤔

Is Eivor meant to attack enemies from the horse or just kick them which doesn't do anything much at all

I mentioned this when I played Assassin's Creed Odyssey and it happens in Assassin's Creed Vahalla as well

Restricted Zones - if the player clears the area of enemies, the Zone should become unrestricted.

Why does it stay Restricted for no reason?
    Mounting a horse isn't possible in an empty Restricted Zone which is a bit weird if there are no enemies

• jeje_71
    73 posts
    I mentioned this when I played Assassin's Creed Odyssey and it happens in Assassin's Creed Vahalla as well

Restricted Zones - if the player clears the area of enemies, the Zone should become unrestricted.

Why does it stay Restricted for no reason?
    Mounting a horse isn't possible in an empty Restricted Zone which is a bit weird if there are no enemies

because an area is tagged as restricted i suppose, and adding a condition on having ennemies in it would be more complicated even if it makes sense

but it's not as cheap to do.

• bitebug2003

I'll just carry on using this thread to add things.

Lately, I have come across instances that enemies don't aggro (for example in a Restricted Zone), and I have no idea what causes it. The only way to fix this is to reload my save (I have a video).

Some enemies move too fast (especially Defenders) and if they detect you they all know where you are and all come running for you at high speed (I have a video), they also seem to have super vision (especially those dreaded Picts).

Other issues (some already raised by others)

Oxenefordescire Hoard Map won't disappear and you can keep going back to where the treasure was and dig it up again.
    Legendary Trophy's won't show in the Ravensthorpe Longhouse

I love the game - 210 hours in and I'm still far from finished 😊

• bitebug2003

There is no treasure at the location marked on the Euviscere Treasure Hoard Map

spoiler

Suggested Topics