Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DreadGrrl
    Original poster 165 posts

On the new forum, I can see two posts in the list at a time on the forum index. On the old forum, I can see ten posts at a time.

Please let us turn off the post previews. They not only make scrolling through posts to find an interesting looking one to read inefficient, they reveal the contents of the post and expose spoilers on the front page: without purposefully opening and reading the post.

A “spoiler” tag is nice (I noticed that least one writer had the curtesy to use one), but it isn’t useful when the contents of the post are displayed immediately underneath the tag on the front page.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DreadGrrl

Old forum:

undefined

It looks like I’ll need a second post for what I see on the new forum, as the second screenshot won’t load correctly in this post.

• DreadGrrl

New Forum:

undefined

• binskies
    29 posts

Please, please, please make the post preview optional. I hate having to scroll so much just to see topic headings, and I don't want to accidently come across any spoilers. It is so much nicer to be able to see a longer list of topics to choose from with one glance like on the old server. This just feels clunky. Thanks.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

Hello to you both!

As I'm sure you've noticed, we took this feedback into consideration and disabled previews for posts by default. This should protect you from spoilers and also make posts a little bit slimmer when viewing them on a page. If you'd like to enable post previews, you can do so from the site menu under "Display Options". 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to write here on the forums about this, and don't hesitate to create another thread if you have any additional ideas for improving the new Discussions forums!

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics