Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• formulahawk
    Original poster 1 posts

Making a new thread because I haven't seen this specific issue mentioned. When bow fishing, the small and regular fish float to the top of the water and are easy to loot; big fish however seem to just disappear. When I shoot a big fish, I'll see the health bar turn full read before I shoot, then see the damage number pop up from the hit, and red blood in the water, but no body. Occasionally it will show up way down stream from where I shot it. I happened to be close enough to one earlier today to watch the body immediately sink and get carried by the current through the embankment and disappear, so I'm not sure if they're despawning all together, or just falling through the world to a place you can't access them.

If it matters, I'm playing on PC, 1920x1080, everything on ultra, all optional graphics like dismemberment are turned on.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• sparerubs
    1 posts

@formulahawk yea as soon as i odin sight ALL FISH DISAPPEAR...so annoying

• lockevar
    2 posts

@formulahawk I’ve noticed the same issue. Doesn’t matter where you’re fishing or what bow you use. There’s a high chance after killing any big fish for it to fall through the map, losing the chance to loot. A good way to tell it fell through the map is by watching the floating damage indicator over it’s head. The number will follow the fish *dropping* through the map.

This is on PS5.

• Ishvallan
    1 posts

It feels like a sneaky "fix" to prevent bow fishing altogether. When game first came out, I had to change my controls every time I wanted to fish, then you can catch 1 at a time in a slow minigame which you can never make faster through upgrades- seriously, just let us buy a net. So I would go out with a full quiver of arrows and just bow fish, easy to clear an entire area of fish in just a few minutes. But now when you shoot fish, they jump out of the water, jump to Lightspeed, and shoot forward off the map so you can't loot them, only get the tiny bits of exp for your wasted arrow. Can't find any evidence to verify such an accusation, but it really feels like them cutting off our effective workarounds for their poorly planned snail pace mini game.

• TheOriginalBean
    1 posts

I have same issue. Only with large fish, once I shoot it with an arrow it instantly bops down and up and flies down the water in seemingly random directions. I've actually been able to catch one or two if I'm quick enough to hit the pickup button while it shoots by me. Literally looks like fish is bouncing away. Is driving me nuts, I was also clearing out ponds and rivers of fish with my bow/Odin sight now I can't get anything big. Ps4. Please help 🙏

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 547 posts

Hey folks! While I am unsure if this maybe working as intended, if you can share any video clips of this behavior while bow fishing, I'd like to share with our team to take a closer look over this. 🙂

Official Response
  • LurcherLady
    13 posts

@theoriginalbean Just to add to this. It seems to work okay for about 6 big fish and then you get the disappearing behaviour. The blood is appearing on the surface but you dive down and there is no body or anything to loot. As Ishavalian says earlier I believe this is to try and force you to play the minigame as it was intended but not everyone wants to sit faffing like that. Especially just to get specific size fish for mediocre rewards. It was much better when the game first released when you could go in shallow ponds and melee kill. Now fish are non-existent in these areas.

• Nofx_punx
    1 posts

@ubi-smash I have the same problem but only in shallow waters and with all fish not only the big ones. Every fish drops a little after being shot and then settles, when to close to the riverbed i does not settle on the floor but falls through.
    In Ireland i dont have any problems. I dont think its on purpose because In norway "fishing man" tell me to try the bow and arrow on fish.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 547 posts

Hey @nofx_punx, this sounds like an issue that has previously been looked into and fixed in a previous patch, however, if you can gather any video clips of this occurring now, I can share this with our team to look over once more.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics