Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• jocelynleung
    Original poster 3 posts

I have had to reinstall AC Valhalla due to patch 1.02 disappearing and refusing to download on my PS5.

I now cannot continue with any of my saves. It keeps showing install in progress, 00% complete. What can I do? I really don't want to start from scratch.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• jocelynleung
    Original poster 3 posts

@jocelynleung just some additional info

Platform - PS5

Steps
    1. I removed the game via the PS5 menu
    2. I reinstalled the game via disk
    3. I downloaded the 1.02 patch via automatically via the PS5 network
    4. I opened the game via the PS5 console screen
    5. I went to load game and the following message occured (Game needs to install - 00% etc.)

Other notes:
    - Some save filed have corrupted
    - I have attempted to proceed both online and offline, neither have helped

• scarfoxnyeh
    13 posts

Had the same issue on PS4... stuck at 00% then at 56% after some language files were downloaded. Had to start a new game (it deletes your autosaves) but after that I managed to load a Manual Save without issue. You could try that as well!

• jocelynleung
    Original poster 3 posts

@scarfoxnyeh Just gave it a go but unfortunately it didn't work. Thanks anyway!

• JezzaCorbyn1983
    4 posts

@jocelynleung Had a similar issue, but it did fully download or I hope it did as after playing this morning, it now appears to be reinstalling the game to my ps5. Not pleased tbh.

• hayakuri-gin
    2 posts

I had just same issue on PS5.

When I tried to start the game, there is an error occurred on the application.(CE-108255-1)
    So, I tried following operation.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/error-codes/ps5/ce-108255-1/

Then, I can start the game, but I cannot load save data.
    When I try to load save data, the dialog keeps showing install in progress, 00% complete.

• Tasha-Soriah
    164 posts

@hayakuri-gin i had that same issue as i had to hard reset my ps5 because of a syncing issue with valhalla (it did not work lol). Check your downloads/uploads tab...mine did it because the game wasnt fully installed, once it was i was able to load the save.
    It may help that i made sure to fully install the ps4 AND ps5 versions. After i managed to load the save and make a new manual save i then deleted the ps4 version.

• guest-Ywz0G00O
    2 posts

how big is the file supposed to be? I'm uninstalling an reinstalling and it says it's 41.781 GB. Is this the size it's supposed to be?

• guest-Ywz0G00O
    2 posts

@hayakuri-gin I uninstalled the game on my ps5... kept all the auto saves... reinstalled the disk with internet off. Then when i tried to load a saved game.. it said an update was needed. I clicked ok. Patch was downloaded and installed.... loaded an auto save (last saved point) and it allowed me to continue my game. So glad it worked.... I thought I was gonna have to start all over again.

• hayakuri-gin
    2 posts

@tasha-soriah
    @guest-Ywz0G00O

Thank you for your response.
    After I update system software and rebuild database, I can start game and load save data at once.
    But when I turn off PS5 and I try to start the game, the error 'CE-108255-1' occcured again and
    I can not launch the game....
    So, I've inquired sony support center by chat, but the problem have not resolved.
    Now I'm waiting the answer of sony support center by mail.

• guest-MJKCAJyM
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • JIRACHI777
    1 posts

I have the same issue on PS4 but I fixed it just now. I guess it might because the add-ons not installed. Here is what happened and my solution:

I bought the disc version game with ultimate edition (with some redeemed "add-ons" such as Berserker equipments). Due to some reasons, I deleted the game, then reinstall it from the disc and download 1.02 patch, and I cannot load my game with the message "install in progress, 00% complete".

Then I press PS button go back to PS4 system, press down button go to game information page, select "Playstation store -- your add-ons". It looks like there are 5 add-ons not being installed, so I press the download button to download them again. Then I restart the game, load the save data (which is a manual save data), and it succeeded.

Not sure whether everyone have the same situation, if yes you can give it a try.

• doctorh26
    1 posts

@jirachi777 That worked for me too, when you re install it doesn't pick up those add ons automatically, skald!!!

• RustyMelvin
    33 posts

@jirachi777 This fixed it for me! Cheers

• bittrblue
    2 posts

The reinstall and grabbing the addons manually did not work for me. I still have the same issue on PS4

• solDluna
    1 posts

@bittrblue
    I also have a PS4 and had that problem. What worked for me was this steps:
    1- Go to your Application Save Data Management
    2- Save Data in System Storage
    3- Delete
    4- Your AC V Save Data and delete ONLY the one that says Profile.

After this steps I could continue playing where I left off.

note: Before trying this step I tried all the above suggestions and started a new game up to the point where you gain control as an adult.

Hope this helps as it did to me.

• Xnupken
    1 posts

Well... It happend to me while running and start loading for some minutes and then an error has occurred and asked me to reinstall and ejected my disk, after reinstall it dident load mu saves (70 hours of play), but after some thinking I reinstall manualy the 3 addons I own, and then it let me to load the saves again!, Thanks god!
    I hope it will help someone.

JUST INSTALL MANUALLY THE ADDONS YOU OWN, IT WILL FIX IT

• jtmk13
    2 posts

Having this same problem on ps4 and nothing has fixed it. Anyone else in the same situation? Will I just have to start all over?

• jtmk13
    2 posts

@bittrblue did you ever figure out the issue with yours?

• guest-4JJ7WeDK
    3 posts

@xnupken thank you for the tip. It turns out that one needn’t go through deleting the profile. The magic solution is to replay the beginning of the game up, but not including, the part where you chose your character. Then like magic you can quit, restart the game and load your previous saves.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics