ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• apst1
    Original poster 5 posts

Bring back Senu. No enemy-targeting takes so much of the tactical aspect of the game out. Sad. Feels like they rushed to get this out the door for the X|S launch. Would be nice to hear of an incoming patch.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dlmthree
    77 posts

Sadly they intended the game to be played as a viking, rushing in so there's little room for stealth in Valhalla. Some camps barely have any bush to hide with enemies packed together, we don't even have double assassination to take care of 2 enemies next to eachother.

So it is no surprise that the raven is completely useless.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

It's not entirely useless, but I've found I don't use it as much as I did with Ikaros from Odyssey. Usually if I'm in a spot I can't find a way in, usually caves and the like, or need to find some oil pots, I'll use Syninn and fly around until I find something. I do miss tagging enemies though, that was pretty helpful, even if it meant for this, not literally tagging them with a marker, but highlighting them like you do with the Odin's Sight pulse.

• apst1
    Original poster 5 posts

I used to love the sound highlighted enemies made in Origins- so awesome. and the poison darts 😁

• Elearon
    42 posts

Yeah, where I relied on Senu and Ikaros in previous games, I almost never use my bird anymore - very disappointing.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@apst1

Gosh yes!! Ihave been ranting about the poison and beserker darts here for days. No one else seems to have missed them, gosh I loved using those darts.

• ZombieSomething
    9 posts

I knew people would be upset with the bird, and if you liked the bird in previous games then you will most likely dislike this one.

Myself though, I always found the bird annoying and I am glad I don't need it anymore.

I can use my odins sight to make enemies glow red which works perfect for me, and it also highlights treasure so again I don't need the bird.

I feel for ya but I am glad I don't need to use it anymore.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@apst1 My 2 cents: Enemy marking is not tactical. It's imbalanced. Eagle Vision / Odins sight is a better approach.

They can remove the raven tho if they don't intent to give it more meaningful features. Something I'd like to see is it highlighting underground entrances for you. And as far as I have understoof them it is intended to do so. It only worked one time for me tho. It does help to visually identify cave entrances tho.

I want to play the game and not fly 50% of my play time marking enemies because the stealth mechanic of the game doesn't work otherwise with me on the ground. It's lazy game design.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@cell1e I am on the contrary: I am so happy they removed explosive arrows for example. They don't make any historical sense. They are so extremly fictional and over the top that I actually enjoyed the game less just by knowing they exist in the game. For the poison arrows etc.

There are sleep arrows (with a skill which uses adrenaline). Dunno about the berserker arrows. They were OP in previous games (prior to Origins) too. So I don't know if they should add them back. On the other hand you have the freedom to decide to not use them and they are somewhat historically believable. They wouldn't have been used by ordinary people but if the assassins are giving these things to you they can justify their use.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts

Marking enemies? 👎 I use the raven to estimate enemy numbers, locations, and whether they're stationary or mobile then roll the dice. Can't say as I've had any real problem with lack of cover either. BTW: Double/chained assassination is a skill in the Raven skill tree (zap the first deserving enemy [censored]; if there are any enemies near enough for a chained assassination; the assassinate button appears on screen; press that again and Eivor throws an axe, and nails them right in the forehead YIKES!! Explosive arrows are an Ability if you get the book for it. Who doesn't like roast Saxon? 👹

• LinkedToReality
    3 posts

@souldrinkerlp There are explosive arrows though. The Gunpowder trap arrows can be used to blow up the destructible walls that you need the oil jars for otherwise.
    Sure, it cost an Adrenaline bar for each arrow though.

I miss the poison darts too though, it was my favorite tool in Odyssey. A couple of those darts could single-handedly clear a whole camp and it was glorious!

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@souldrinkerlp

Yeah I personally don't like the explosive arrows, they sure don't help sneaky assassin ladies and as you say they aren't very historically accurate anyway.

I just wish they had knot the darts, gave me such a blast using those and everyone knows assasins always use sleep and poison darts 😄 Even though the berserk darts are a stretch of the imagination, riding my trusty wolf is too so I can bend the rules to suit myself sometimes. 😊

tying the sleep and poison arrows into adrenaline is pretty mean imo as Im always saving that adrenaline for those annoying stone walls blocking rewards so I cant ghost through a camp using my special arrows willy nilly as I would darts, a bit of a fatal flaw that. If I was a real assasin I would take nothing but darts and daggers and slide and slither my way to my target. Bows are very bulky as are swords.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@linkedtoreality

Oh gosh yes, such a great feeling clearing a camp with only your darts and knives. MISS THAT SO MUCH!!

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@cell1e Yea, like I said. They can easily explain the poison arrows and berserker arrows by ancient secret assassin knowledge. But explosive arrows would be something we would find evidence of today. So adding these as secret assassin knowledge is a bit harder. But I am all for the poison and berserker arrows / darts.

• Maledicus
    63 posts

To me scouting camps with the birds ( and drones in ghost recon games ) in the previous games is an satisfying aspect of stealh gameplay and i really miss it in ACV. I really would like to see this feature coming back. And on a sidenote it would also save my thumb from breaking, because i have to press the right stick of the controller that often and there is no chance putting that onto an other button, because of conflicts.

Best regards,

• WolfKissed82
    25 posts

@apst1 I found Senu and Ikaros great mechanics in the previous two games but in Assassins Creed Odyssey started becoming over reliant on the whole Eagle mehcanic.

The whole point for the Ravens abilities to be scaled down is due to the inclusion of Odin Sight which is a welcome change for me.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@ghostsniper6

Good that you like Odin sight, Im 50/50 on that one. It is handier not to have to go 'out of body' so to speak to scan for enemies however my Senu and Icarus used to hightlight ALL the enemies in the camp for me right at the start so all I had to do then was focus on making my sneaky way through the camp on the path of least resistance.

Odins sight only shows me a part of the camp and I need to use it often, if I forget I'm doomed. So prefer it the old way for that reason.:)

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@cell1e Which is the reason why it's overpowered. Also you get into a very boring gameplay loop of, out of boy experience bird marking, not caring for the environment just trying to sneak by guards, get the stuff, leave.

Now it is more risky to go stealth, you actually have to pay attention to your surroundings. The nearest targets are easily highlightable. There are opportunities for stealth kills (like hanging boulders or exploding vases). You can whistle, use your hidden blade or try to sneak over the roofs. You can try to eliminate a whole group of people with the multi shot skill too so no other guard get noticed. etc. etc.

From all three mythological games (Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla) I easily had the most fun with stealth in Valhalla so far. It's not as good as previous titles before the mythological trilogy but it's way more enjoyable without the same gameplay routine all over again for 5000 times.

• PottumWasTaken
    17 posts

@dlmthree I don't know what you mean, there IS double assassination. Kill one and throw an axe to another (as long as you are still stealthed after the first kill)

• ACESsigepps
    21 posts

@dlmthree we do have double assassination. You throw an ax at the next closest enemy. I like this skill point.

Suggested Topics