Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kmansp31
    Original poster 48 posts

There are a number of issues bringing this game down, but the AI has got to be the biggest one. I can list so many examples of enemies just standing around doing absolutely nothing while I destroy mission targets right in front of them. I can snipe enemy targets right next to other enemies and they will act clueless. Or I can snipe three targets one right after the other because they won't take cover.

In one mission, I'm sneaking with Basim through an enemy camp. I climb a ladder but hold because I see a patrol of three soldiers. But Basim decides to go past me up the ladder and is standing in plain view of the soldiers, but they keep walking right by him.

In another mission, I had to defend archers as they destroy enemy targets in a village. Once they finished, enemy soldiers and friendly soldiers just stood still looking like zombies. I could just walk right up to enemy soldiers and assassinate them out in the open.

I'm loving the games story, but this is really taking away from the game. It's become boring!!! On top of that, throw in a skill system where you are easily overpowered in most zones. As suggested on the forums, you can take away skills to even out your power level and make it more challenging, but this forces me to constantly adjust my skills to accommodate a broken game. I increased the difficulty levels and it's still too easy.

Then there's Abilities. What... the... F. So many are pointless and broken. There is a throwing axe on the ranged and melee skill tree that is LITERALLY THE SAME. What laziness is this?!?!?! The wolf pet skill which I was excited about- yeah. My wolf will get stuck on some ground item and not even attack the target, then disappear. Also, Upgrading the skill says he will stay with me, but he doesn't.

I'm not going to even get in to the thousand of bugs. I've been stuck/clipped in the ground. Performance issues in major settlements/towns and weird random places. Enemies that run around in circles.

Also, the reward system is just horrible. Since there's limited gear, almost every reward is XP towards more skill points. I no longer care about searching for mysteries and roman masks, because I know I will just get more unneeded skill points. You get so many skill points that you become overpowered early on. And although I don't mind the limit of the gear, I think Ubisoft went too far. There's too few gear sets and weapons (No 1handed swords?!?!?!) and they do too little. With only three tiers for upgrades, you get the second upgrade option too early in the game- like power 90- and the third isn't available until past 220 or so where you can find the rarest ingots needed. If gear is going to be limited, there should be at least two more upgrade levels in between.

This game is so broken and I am disappointed. I want to enjoy the game- I like the story and want to find out what happens- but these issues keep killing it for me. I read several articles that sales for this game were through the roof- no doubt due to the success given from Assassins creed odyssey which truly was well done. But this... I am shocked at how unfinished the game is.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Vlerk2020
    29 posts

This whole game is a disaster, but it's carried for now by hype and fan people.. i can't understand why this is OK and not a word from Ubisoft about what or how or anything.
    Who cares atm for the planned DLC, i got the season pass.. but i honestly don't care if they don't patch a TON of things i won't even go into.. but many of us know this game is unfinished and plain bad !

And yeah the AI is a JOKE.. i made several post MONTHS ago asking to *GET THE COMBAT AI RIGHT* .. but noooooo and here we are with an AI that's even more stupid then Origins and Odyssey ever was.

If fact this game is so much worse then the previous 2 AC's.. i can't understand how they did it.. it's like it has been play tested by 12 year olds who say *whoaaa mannn this is grreeeaaattt* .

Ubisoft, yep that's good enough.. ship it ! 😖

• kmansp31
    Original poster 48 posts

@vlerk2020

Well a game company is never going to say "We [censored] up!!! Please forgive us!" But I do think they will make some improvements over time. Some of these decisions, though... I just don't know what they were thinking and how all of the issues made it to release. How did so many bug issues pass through testing? How did nobody discover the difficulty scale issue with the bloated skill system? Did they get feedback with the limited gear design? Who said the AI was fine as is?

I got the season pass too, and I NEVER buy them for this reason. But Assassins Creed Odyssey was so good, I thought how could they possibly screw up such a great system? Ubisoft pretty much just said "hold my beer."

I'm actually enjoying the story. I'm curious about what happens next. But I keep getting let down with how easy it is due to being overpowered, a lackluster AI, and performance issues in settlements/major towns.

• kmansp31
    Original poster 48 posts

Adding to the sheer laziness in game design: Contracts. Not only are most contract missions exactly the same- you can snipe with ease- I just got a contract for a missing person that was literally the exact same mission at the same exact spot/camp. Couldn't even at least changed locations and made it a bit more challenging?

• Lord_WarpGuN
    18 posts

@vlerk2020 i'm having a blast (except the skillpoint system) no major bugs or strange Ai...are you playing on a potato?

• Redw0lfAlpha
    58 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Vlerk2020
    29 posts

@Lord_WarpGuN 

No i have a very good PC, and what has this to do with anything.. bad design will still be bad design (or AI) no matter if i play a *potato*.

I have no issues with the graphics and story of the game, the rest not so much even the sound(s) are below average - like with *songs* there is a dude on the longship who has a 90's ghettoblaster on his back.. really really poor. 

It's like they press the tape and a song comes up, just one on MANY things and trust me i can list a whole lot more.

This game needs an serious upgrade, specifically in immersion and sounds (+bug fixes).. this *world* we have now is empty and sorry to say boring/empty.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

Yes I do feel your pain. 😞

For me I will let the game sit a while and see what the deveoper does to resolve these issues. This game could be improved greatly with some love and care, its definitely been rushed out and if it was my work, Id want a chance to get it running perfectly. Hopefully Ubisfot will allow their staff the chance to do this.

Im not sure they will change out the armour and weapon system which is sometihng that bothers me personally the most, however for the majoirty of players I think a few tweaks and fixes will make the world of difference.

• Vlerk2020
    29 posts

@cell1e Yep, it's dissapointment why i had some rants here, i don't mind the money i spend on the game.. they can have it.

It's just i thought UBISOFT had the standards *bar* raised much higher on what a AAA game should be.

I am playing the WItcher 3 again after 4 years (with mods- maybe a bit unfair) comparison but how is that game so insane good and it's like AC wen't from Origins/Odyssey to this.. how can this be?.

We can only wait, and i certainly will for a few weeks.. i want to continue from 28% mark where i quit the game but i just can't.

Yesterday i took a walk in (AC Origins) Krokodilopolis and Memphis.. and it's like developer sorcerery (who time travelled back 2000 years) and made these towns, they feel so real with people living their lives.
    I am just in AWE 🙌 how beautiful and realistic it looks, i don't get the same vibe in Valhalla towns, such a shame really.

Video settings (RTX 2060) 60% high, 20% medium, 20% low - but this isn't a graphics issue/complaint but to show how immersive and FULL OF LIFE these towns and surrounding area's are.

undefined

undefined

undefined

undefined

undefined

undefined

• Gravelmead
    62 posts

@kmansp31 It's very hard to distinguish friend from enemy as the enemy walk around with your friends like they have swapped sides.

• ballon009
    12 posts

There is for sure some weirdness going on with not just Ai but game engine as a whole. Often after stun attack my game wont respond right away as if its stuck in a turn based game. I have to force move my guy then press F to excecute them. Because the game just is not capable in comprehending the battle. I may dodge, and that dodge comes out later.

My PC is using a RX 5700 DD ultra, running the game 80 FPS on very high, with a 2700X 4.0Ghz so i know its not my set up. I can crush games like destiny on ultra at 240 fps at 120 hz. The game is just optamized like horse crud. With script leaks everywhere, which causes hitching. The game uses 6 threads, and issues still arise with 8.

god help those who are using intel CPUS.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@ballon009

Yeah I get weird things happen in fights when I try to use a special skill, sometimes it stalls and nothing happens and sometimes the skill works, all I bother doing now is slash, slash hack hack. 😄

• Redw0lfAlpha
    58 posts

@lord_warpgun i received a official warning. And you don't? Lol. Some abusing the report system. For what exaclty? Saying i like the game and not complaining about everything. Sneaky [censored]

• Redw0lfAlpha
    58 posts

Go ahead Ubi woofer please ban me. If that's what makes you happy. Nothing more to say anyway. So make my day. Bye bye and good luck with this piece of trash new forum and with this utter mess game with the name Valhalla. Applause 👏

• Cygnifick
    4 posts

@redw0lfalpha

"Sneaky [censored]".. A word joke that includes both Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs Legions.. 😀

• Redw0lfAlpha
    58 posts

@cygnifick Exactly 😁
    Still no ban?
    Ubi woofer wake up. I know your fat finger is above the ban button. I know you can do it. I give your work a meaning so you can tell to your Ubisoft buddy's: I did it guys i banned his sorry a..!
    All proud and all. .

• Redw0lfAlpha
    58 posts

Ah well...Even the moderators don't work..
    What a surprise. .

• Redw0lfAlpha
    58 posts

Well it looks like i have to ban myself

• Redw0lfAlpha
    58 posts

For what it's worth guys I do hope all your issues with this game and with legion will be fixed. Eventually. You all deserve it. And you all can enjoy the game like you should. We all paid good money for it aferall..
    Bye

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@redw0lfalpha I wasnt able to post here but without any notice. So it seems like I was reported too for defending the game 🙂 It's funny that Ubisoft acts upon that. After all I defend Valhalla while still addressing issues it has. I think overall Valhalla is way better than Odyssey and stuff people complain about can be easily adressed by updates. That NPCs dont do that much stuff in Valhalla is due to social stealth. They could take up these spots from you so you cant use them for sure. But then people would complain that the NPCs are always taking these spots from you.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics