Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• soulsurviva007
    46 posts

Honestly at this point I just want some answers maybe? I played AC games from the original title and have never experienced something like this. Over half a year later and the game is still uncompletable, and has more bugs now than it did at release. Never in my life was I so frustrated with a game that I made a forum account just to rant about the horrible bugs and experience I am having with this. Please can you tell us why there is such incompetence.... bugs that were removed are returning..... I'm not trying to offend anyone at Ubi but I am just so frustrated with this title that getting an explanation might shed some light on why the game still cant be finished over half a year after its release.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4112 posts

Hello there @soulsurviva007,

I'm sorry to hear that you've haven't had a good experience with Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

If you are encountering issues other than being unable to loot fabric, I would recommend either finding a similar thread or starting a new one so we can take a closer look at the issues you're encountering. This will prevent us from going off-topic within this thread. I'd recommend checking out our Megathread list first, to see if the issues you are encountering are already being investigated here.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • TheSmio
    80 posts

For anyone struggling to find fabric, you should be able to buy fabric from Ravensthorpe's merchant even if it stops dropping from chests. If you need more than the amount that is available at the merchant, just travel away and do something else, the stock will refresh in time and you can repeat this until you get all the fabric. It's not perfect, but it's a good enough workaround that was introduced in an update few months back (I think).

• GabrielAngelFox
    24 posts

@thesmio
    We can't
    non of us has a merchant selling that
    It't not just fabric that is missing, it's a supplies to build a settlement
    Most of us are stuck at level 5 and we can't go higher

• TheSmio
    80 posts

@gabrielangelfox Well, that's understandable then, the fabric only appears once you get level 6 settlement. Anyway, which supplies are you missing? The ones you get from raids (the big chests) or the ones found in the smaller chests? Because you should get enough "main" resources from the big chests during the raids and after finishing regions, while you should be getting the other supplies from smaller chests across the world (I think it's from the "square" chests, not the round ones).

• GabrielAngelFox
    24 posts

@thesmio
    Those you get from big chests are called Raw Materials, while those that are found in smaller chests are known only as Supplies, at least in English
    In Polish they are called Building Materials ( that's the translation )
    people now a days lack Supplies, which is those things that comes from smaller chest.. people who started challanges from new patch, are getting only silver from those chest and no longer Supplies, same goes for Fabric

• TheSmio
    80 posts

@gabrielangelfox Ah, fair enough, I didn't know that. In that case, the issue that needs to be solved is the fact you stop receiving supplies from chests. I know that fixing the Fabric issue would be nice, but that's clearly not going to happen. Many people have had issues with Fabric since the launch and I think the workaround of being able to buy Fabric from lvl6 Ravensthorpe merchant is good enough. Unfortunately, it does seem like not receiving supplies is a whole new issue that needs to be resolved.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion, @TheSmio. As mentioned by @GabrielAngelFox, there is an ongoing investigation into a issue wherein players are only receiving silver from smaller chests, instead of supplies/fabric. This has prevented players from reaching settlement level 6, which would allow them to purchase fabric from Yanli.

We will be sharing more updates and information in the linked Megathread regarding the investigation into the missing supplies, so I would recommend checking that thread out if you have been affected by the issue.

If you have reached settlement level 6 and are unable to purchase fabric from Yanli to complete Dobby's Altar / upgrade your arrows/rations with, please don't hesitate to reach out within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • soulsurviva007
    46 posts

When will fabric be fixed? Is this going to be the second or third time that it's "fixed"?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @soulsurviva007!

I'm sorry to hear that you're missing fabric in-game. If you have reached settlement level 6, you should be able to purchase additional fabric from Yanli within your settlement.

The development team are aware of an issue where players are no longer receiving supplies or fabric from smaller chests following TU 1.2.2. This can prevent players from reaching settlement level 6. If you are unable to upgrade your settlement due to a lack of supplies, I recommend that you following this Megathread for more information and updates from this investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • soulsurviva007
    46 posts
    Hello there @soulsurviva007!

I'm sorry to hear that you're missing fabric in-game. If you have reached settlement level 6, you should be able to purchase additional fabric from Yanli within your settlement.

The development team are aware of an issue where players are no longer receiving supplies or fabric from smaller chests following TU 1.2.2. This can prevent players from reaching settlement level 6. If you are unable to upgrade your settlement due to a lack of supplies, I recommend that you following this Megathread for more information and updates from this investigation.

Thanks! 😊

I'm sorry but none of this really helps me. When will it be fixed and work as intended to work? It's been over half a year and I still can't play the game...

• soulsurviva007
    46 posts

Also just to clarify you are referring me to the thread about supplies also not working properly so now I am without a doubt not going to get settlement level 6 anytime soon... How does that help me get fabric?? Please I want to know when the game is going to work as intended. Please excuse my frustration but I can't take it anymore. I have never In my life experienced such a horrible timeline when it comes to "fixing" bugs. Why is this happening? Why are bugs that were fixed over the course of 2 or 3 updates...RETURING along side bugs that when paired together are even worse.... Ubisoft is a AAA developer and we are over half a year from release, and we can't get simple resources working? Maybe if you guys spent less time recycling armor and mounts to re-sell we wouldn't be having a large portion of these bugs.

• ChuckKatse
    283 posts

First of all once you have upgraded your quiver and health to max levels and did the one mystery location that requires fabric you no longer need any more. You can acquire enough fabric to complete those things. Then fabric is no longer available and I see no reason to keep on getting it.

• GabrielAngelFox
    24 posts

@chuckkatse
    Thing is that people don't have those upgrades
    maybe you bought game when it was out or preordered it
    but most of people nowadays just bought the game
    In some cases hoping that so long after premire it will be at least in playable condition
    Prior newest patch it did seem that way, I didn't have any troblues before, at least not of this magnitude, some bugs did occur but they were just mere nuisance 

So you might not want to get any more fabric, but we didn't get enough
    and we can't buy it from the shop since we don't have such a shop .. because we can't upgrade our settlement either

• ChuckKatse
    283 posts

@gabrielangelfox What upgrade. As you progress in the game Fabric becomes available in looted chests. Fabric is needed to upgrade your quiver and health. There is also one mystery location that requires fabric. It is not required for any thing else. You can acquire enough fabric to complete the quiver and health upgrades to max and to do the one mystery location. Then for some reason fabric is no longer available in any chests looted. Don't know if it is a game design flaw or intentional. Now with the Settlement, you can acquire enough material by raiding the Monestaries and completing the regions that give settlement upgrades. However, you will not complete the settlement upgrade to level 6 until almost end game. In other words you have to raid every Monestary and complete every region on the map to complete the settlement upgrade to level 6. There is no way around that.

• GabrielAngelFox
    24 posts

@chuckkatse
    the chests that are supposed to give us fabric don't do it anymore
    most of us can't upgrade quiver or food rations
    I'm over 400 level of power so I am pretty sure that I am close to finish the game or at least that I am really far gone
    same goes for the chests that are supposed to give us Supplies, the small chests, they only give us silver now.. we still are geting Raw Materials so that is just fine... but rest makes us unable to enjoy game anymore.. sure you can play with out that and I do agree with that, that even with those problems game is great.. but I did stop playing over two weeks ago now and I am waiting for them to fix this, because problem is serious and I did hear there are more problems in Ireland and I haven't been there yet because I wanted to finish main story first

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@soulsurviva007 - As mentioned in my earlier post, the development team are aware of an issue wherein smaller chests are only filled with silver, preventing players from collecting fabric and additional supplies to upgrade their settlement with. They are currently investigating this issue further. We don't have any updates to share regarding any fixes, or ETAs on when these will be available. As soon as we have more information to share from the development team, we will let you know within the forums.

I suggest that you follow the linked Megathread for more information and updates from this investigation.

@ChuckKatse - Following TU 1.2.2, several players have been unable to collect fabric or supplies to upgrade their settlement with from small chests, as only silver is rewarded. As they cannot upgrade their settlement, they cannot purchase additional fabric from Yanli. This is the issue that @soulsurviva007 & @GabrielAngelFox are encountering in their games. I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused here. You can read more about the investigation into this issue here.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • soulsurviva007
    46 posts

So what am I supposed to do in the mean time? Just wait until it works? Spend more time playing on a save which will just get more ruined? How am I to proceed?

• Ubi-Borealis

We would be unable to speculate on when a fix for this issue will be made available, @soulsurviva007. I recommend following this Megathread for more information and updates from the investigation into the missing fabric/supplies.

We understand that this issue prevents players from upgrading their settlement level, and from upgrading their rations pouch/quiver, and apologise for any inconvenience caused by that. You should still be able to continue with the story, if you choose to do this, as fabric/supplies are not needed for any story quests.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • GabrielAngelFox
    24 posts

@soulsurviva007
    Just play some other games till it gets fixed
    That is what I do at least
    Same goes for Cyberpunk, but in that case I don't believe that they will ever fix it
    Valhalla still got a chance and I think that it won't take long

Suggested Topics