ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• HIDDEN1NE
    209 posts

Are the fabrics from small chests fixed or are they still not dropping them?

• HIDDEN1NE
    209 posts

Just checked and it seems to be fixed, thank you guys for the bug fix 🙌🏼

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@hidden1ne Hey!

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention and for confirming the issue fix is working for you.

Happy looting! 😁

Official Response
  • HIDDEN1NE
    209 posts

@ubi-nacho

Sorry to bug but quick question, do you know if on top of the chests being fixed that the dev team fixed the mastery challenges causing the chests to bug? I still have yet to complete them and I’m hesitant if by starting another it would just glitch all of the chests again (removing supplies and fabric), as it did when the MCs first came out. If all sides are fixed then I and any future players can just play the challenges as we see without worry, but if it will just restart the bug once I touch it again, I’ll save it for the last thing I do. Also if the inquiry is too much of a hassle I can just test this out in a few days. Thanks for any help 🙏

• soulsurviva007
    49 posts

Omg after more than half a year and 4 or 5 updates!!!! The fabric finally works!!!!!!!

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

Hi @HIDDEN1NE

You should be all good to go ahead and progress with Mastery Challenges! Of course, please let us know if this causes any issues and we'll report back to the team.

Also as mentioned by Ubi-Borealis ~
    'If you have upgraded your settlement to level 6, you should also be able to purchase additional fabric from Yanli.'

Glad to hear it's all working again. 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. Following the release of TU 1.3.1, the development team has deployed a fix that should allow players to purchase supplies from Yanli if they have met the following criteria:

Players who cannot upgrade their settlement to level 6 due to lack of supplies will now be able to purchase supplies at the settlement merchant. (Only available at Level 5 and once a specific amount of supplies have been collected). 

Once you have upgraded your settlement to level 6, you should now be able to purchase additional fabric from Yanli.

We will now be marking this thread as resolved. If you are still unable to acquire fabric in-game, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread. Please include a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main menu.
    • You have reached settlement level 6.
    • You are unable to purchase additional fabric from Yanli.

I'd recommend uploading the video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

Please note that if you have completed your quiver/ration upgrades, and have fulfilled the requirements of Dobby's Altar, you will be unable to purchase surplus fabric from Yanli.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • MacLogo
    8 posts

Not fixed for me.

I'm on first playthrough and chests are simply not dropping fabric. Settlement level 3 TU 1.4 on PC.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1364 posts

Hey @maclogo, welcome to Discussions! I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

Have chests never dropped fabric during this playthrough, or did this begin after an update? When did you start your current playthrough?

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    2303 posts

@maclogo

It takes quite a long time to get much cloth - really quite a while; it's only very near the end that enough cloth for all upgrades can be collected (similarly the settlement can only be fully upgraded right near the end).

One thing I do not know is whether River Raids can help. For reasons I do not know I started to collect cloth again after a recent update, I think I had way over 100. I have not checked in detail but think this cloth appeared in River Raids. Admittedly I did all those after finishing the main game but perhaps finishing all the River Raid content might result in a state where the minor chests provide cloth. I don't know, as mentioned, just speculating.

• MacLogo
    8 posts

@spirantcrayon22 Thanks. I've just started to get fabric again. Very, very slowly. So, it seems to be "fixed", and we're left with a dubious design decision. Why give a good load of a resource at the earliest stages, then absolutely nothing for a good 40% of the game, and then giving it out in dribs-and-drabs thereafter.

I'm enjoying the game - but that was just frustrating. Especially for "fabric" - a resource that is literally on every looted corpse.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @SpirantCrayon22 & @MacLogo,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to share your updates within this thread and for letting us know that you've been able to start collecting fabric again. I've noticed that you can also now collect fabric from River Raids, especially from raids within Ireland and Francia.

Fabric tends to be more common from chests looted in the "late-game" areas, such as Eurvicscire, Glowecestrescire and Snotinghamscire. You should also be able to purchase fabric from Yanli once you reach Settlement Level 6.

Please note that if you have completed your quiver/ration upgrades, and have fulfilled the requirements of Dobby's Altar, you will be unable to purchase surplus fabric from Yanli.

If anyone is still having trouble finding fabric in-game, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bielik01
    1811 posts

@ubi-borealis but Fabric shouldn't be found in the chests if I have completed quiver/ration upgrades, and have fulfilled the requirements of Dobby's Altar, right?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @bielik01!

Thanks for raising this. Originally, it was the case that once 82 pieces of fabric were collected (the amount needed for the ration/quiver upgrades and Dobby's Altar), then fabric would no longer be available to find in-game. Following the release of the Mastery Challenges, the development team have confirmed that more fabric would be able to be collected from chests in-world, and that this limit was lifted. This is therefore working as intended, and not considered to be a bug.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

As we have had no reports of this issue with being unable to loot fabric in-game since the release of TU 1.3.1, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any further trouble with collecting fabric in-game, then please feel welcome to create a new thread and we’ll gladly take a closer look. When creating a new thread, please include any additional images/videos of the issue you’re encountering in-game, as this will be helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics