Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

I upgraded my Bone-Biter Dane axe to "mythical" level to see what kind of final appearance it would have, and then I noticed that almost every time I strike an enemy with it, there's this magical-sounding "shwing" sound instead of a more realistic-sounding, bone-crushing sound. I can't stand this new sound for mythical weapons. Would it be possible, through an update, to deactivate this sound--or, at least, to be able to have weapons appear as their lower-tier forms (such as "flawless")?

While we're at it, a full-blown transbog feature for all weapons and armor would be really useful. I'd like to have certain armor pieces appear as lower-tier versions as well if I don't like higher-tier appearances.

I hope someone from the dev team hears this.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

@C-Pick Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate you reporting this to us.

We can certainly pass that on to the team.

Official Response
  • PropheteFurry
    3 posts

I also encounter this problem, I made a video where we realize the problem especially during the fight against the 1st bear .

I hope that an option or a fix will be quickly integrated into the game.

• PropheteFurry
    3 posts

@Ubi-Baron still no news ?

• Ranvinski
    1 posts

@ubi-baron i don't know if this is intended, but it really doesn't sounds right. For me it's a sound of dropping a sack full of coins, i stopped using my longsword after upgrading it to mythic level and that makes me really sad. I can share some videos if needed.

• Ubi-Baron

@prophetefurry I passed on this feedback to the Team, but we've not had any further information around that.

As this doesn't appear to be a bug, rather an intended choice, it may be considered by the team, but there's not a guarantee it will be changed.

Official Response
  • C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

I figured it was an intended choice, but I'm hoping we could simply get a setting allowing us to toggle off "mythical weapon sounds" or something. I'd love to have the upgraded damage output of a fully maxed-out axe but without the unrealistic sound effects whenever I strike an enemy.

• Ubi-Baron

@c-pick I can certainly understand your desire for that option. Even if not directly actioned, the AC team take on all the feedback they receive and it can help inform choices going forwards.

Official Response
  • Frosthound030
    124 posts

Oh god please don’t tell me it’s intended, it’s the worst weapon sound I’ve ever heard, it’s like dropping a bag of change on the floor not a weapon strike

• Quor321
    232 posts

I got Excalibur not long a go, it better shwwwing ever time I blind a group. 😁

• Deadmennwalking
    21 posts

@c-pick I am still at the stage of deciding what armor and weapons to max, (as I understand that resources are scarce and we are unable to max everything).
    Out of interest what are the max stats for the Bone Biter Dane Axe?
    I have just looted the Aella's Bardiche Dane Axe and have so far upgraded it to flawless.
    Would the Sepulcher Axe be an even better option? I am currently unable to obtain this axe as my sons of ragnar quest line is bugged at the talk to ubba stage.
    Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

• C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

@deadmennwalking Great questions! Don't have the numbers off the top of my head--and I actually ended up totally starting the whole game over again so that I deliberately don't upgrade my Bone-Biter axe to "mythical" just to avoid that irritating "shwing" sound. The downside is, I don't get the added damage output of the mythical level. Ugh.

I actually don't like the Sepulcher axe at all, and this is because I'm the kind of gamer who prefers more grounded, more realistic, more down-to-earth gameplay experiences, and that particular axe literally lights on fire and stuff. I don't like things like that--they just don't do it for me. I'd prefer to have "real" weapons, without magical flames or green clouds of gas floating around them, when I fight. It's a shame when I come across a weapon I might like, but there's some idiotic "magical" thing about it that I can't turn off. (Luckily, I can turn off obnoxious damage numbers, tacky life bars, glowing red overlays on enemies, and similar things in the HUD settings.)

Good luck to ya!

• DaelosTheCat
    167 posts

That sound was extremely irritating.

• Deadmennwalking
    21 posts

@c-pick Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

• VonyaVolk
    1 posts

@ubi-baron I ask that they really Think about possibly adding in a Toggle for the Mythical Sound. I get headaches easily and the sound has caused some major issues for me, and caused me to stop using one of my Favorite Dane Axes, and its really disappointing to completely redo my entire set up because of a incessant sound during combat.

Its bad enough i had to go through Reddit and separate sites in hope to find a way to at least disable it through messing with files.

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@ubi-baron

since you are giving feedback, would have been nice if all wpeaons and gear actually changed their looks as the blacksmith promised at the start of the game. yet many stay the same through all stages of upgrading, whish is rather dissapointing.

• PropheteFurry
    3 posts

still no news? to deactivate the sounds of mythical weapons

• nightgrave777
    7 posts

Please allow us to turn off this horrible sound! I just can't believe anyone thought it was a good idea to have it at all.

• nightgrave777
    7 posts

Please allow us to turn this horrible sound off!

• Driltan
    9 posts

I agree with people, this sound is horrible, please permit us to toggle it off or remove it, it's really really terrible !

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics