Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BenjiForse
    Original poster 1 posts

Positives:
    Love that there's actually some semblance of stealth again. Blending in, the hood has a purpose which makes sense, creating distractions, so on. Very glad to see this again. It's a shame once again the game is about being literally anything but an assassin, but it's something. Combat's interesting and can be fun. The world looks pretty.

Less than positives:
    Option to turn off Eivor automatically putting up their cloak in Distrust areas. No idea what the logic is behind this. You make these mechanics then make the game handle them itself. Bonus annoyance when you've hidden your cloak and it pops back into existence. It already says Distrust area, I know the deal, let the player decide what to do. Take the game's hands off the controller, please.

Bring back the armour cosmetic layer. It was a hit in Odyssey, not sure why it's gone again. It's a real shame lower tiers of armour are gone once you upgrade, some of us prefer those looks.

The wolf mount, its animations are less than great and don't think I didn't notice its running sounds are just the horse hooves but quieter. Not a great feeling having paid for that.

Once again you made buying items from shops slow and annoying, the thing you eventually patched to be bearable in Odyssey is now back to being slow again.

Some sort of preview for buying tattoos, schemes, and decorations from shops.

Disable the camera pulling out when whistling for your mount. It's completely unnecessary and for those of us sensitive to involuntary camera movement, makes my stomach turn. Again, take the game's hands off the controller.

Camera is very wonky when using abilities, especially things like the ability to pick up and throw weapons. I get it's supposed to be very dynamic and impactful but most of the time it's incredibly sudden and jerky to the point it's difficult to know what even happened, especially when it clips into other characters in the fight.

NPC's slowly creep up to help you with opening doors/chests during raids like they're afraid it's going to explode.

Loot prompt is very temperamental, making it needlessly tricky to grab things.

Automatic targeting on breakable stuff works perhaps half the time. It would be easier to hit boxes if it wasn't there at all.

The skill tree hiding clusters, I understand that it begins that way so as not to be overwhelming to look at for new players, that's fine. But once I've seen a group, don't hide it again, it just means I keep having to unlock nodes to reveal it to remember what's there, then refund the points again if it's not the one I was looking for.

The kid questgivers for dailies/weeklies always say they have new contracts even when they do not, and happily waste your time showing you a menu with no quests in it.

Fought a viking, we both did the Valkyrie jump at the same time and I fell through the world.

Balconies continue to be the bane of your existence. I can't remember an AC game where the character climbed onto the balcony the first time instead of leaping and grabbing the ledge above or jumping to the side to grab the wall, or literally anything but climb up onto the balcony.

Bring. Back. JUMP. Stop getting rid of it! Why? Why do you guys love freerunning and climbing but hate jumping?

There's more, I may add to this list later. These problems along with the myriad animation and clipping problems (even sitting on the throne is janky, your arms sink right into it), game-breaking bugs too, mean I'll probably come back to this game in a year or so if it gets consistently patched as Odyssey did. I don't think I'll be buying another Ubisoft game on release, it's always like this.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Mtgr
    1 posts

I think the most negative point of the game is "about being anything but an assassin" I have i think 95 % off all ac games (PC), this game is one of the worst. I want to be an assassin. Do the job alone without raiding with a clan or attacking cities with an army. An assassin does his job in stealth.

A hood is a nice concept if it works. I Still get spot within a few seconds. Another thing i don't like is the flyting thing as a not native english person it's hard to master in the giving time and i don't like to save/load the game everytime to try all aswers.

With the Legendary fights way hard to accomplish, al less then possitives from BenjiForse, and not looking to all bugs in the game. I just not get an assassin creed feeling with the game.

I wanted to pre-order this game but i got it for free when i bought a new AMD processor. Lucky me, it would be a big dissapointment

My favorite are AC 3, AC Origins and AC Odyssey

I'm sorry Ubisoft In my eyes you scr### up a good game concept. If you only took the best things from previos versions added a new great story, a few new ideas and maked it bigger and better. I would be more positive

• Lafrendgio
    30 posts

@benjiforse These are legit criticisms my man. Every single one you've listed does kinda or really get in the way of the experience. These can be fixed by quality of life patches, save for the Jump mechanic and the wolf mount. I feel those are irredeemable unless a miracle happens. lol

One gripe I'd like to put in is the artificial 3d model scaling of the Greatswords. It has a nice almost believable size when it hangs from your back, but when handed, it scales much bigger, almost longer than Eivor. I dunno why Ubisoft think they can get away with these cheap hollywood magic, but it just makes me not want to use the greatswords now. The cloak scales strangely vertically as well when donning it on, but the greatswords are just more bothersome.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics