Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Lafrendgio
    Original poster 30 posts

The art direction here seems.. different. Cause England looks leagues better than Origins and Odyssey. The new tiny grass sprites, the hills that never looks boring, the dramatic daytime lighting could use a bit of work on the characters, but it looks stunning on landscapes. The dense roads that clearly again took from TW3, which is very welcome. And also the settlements are just lovely to stroll on with it's play of vertical composition. Playing on 85 FoV on my 32" with a very light sharpening setting is the best choice I've made going into this.

I also feel like every photo I took here seems easier to compose cause the colors and environment already composed themselves. Something I had trouble with taking pictures in Origins and Odyssey. This also fixed the last 2 game's boring and samey looking environments by a long shot. And I can't thank you enough. RESPAWING enemies in raided locations for endless murder.

A couple of gripes with cutscene lighting, animation and sound cues. And I don't get why older titles have better cloth physics on capes, flags, and sails. But aside from that, the game looks next-gen in a few areas upon closer look even if inconsistent in others.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SofaJockey
    169 posts

@lafrendgio Good for you for this cheerful post. I too am enjoying England (and Vinland and Norway). 馃槉

• Lafrendgio
    Original poster 30 posts

@sofajockey Haven't gotten to Vinland yet since I'm taking my time with England. IMO this is by far the prettiest game they have made, not in terms of graphical fidelity but in design and composition.

• larrykop1967
    65 posts

Yes it is, i am very biased however as i'm English, no complaints about the game world.

• Lafrendgio
    Original poster 30 posts

@larrykop1967 I'm non English but I'm also biased towards the Viking setting lol the whole Greece thing wasn't for me and as much as I wanted to love ancient Egypt, I just couldn't seem to be impressed by Origins when it 1st came out as I am with Valhalla.

• larrykop1967
    65 posts

@lafrendgio

I liked both Greece and Egypt as well, but you gotta like desert with Origin's lol, and the scandinavian settings are good as well, but when it's set in your own country, and you know a lot of the places and locations, your going to like it.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics