Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1152 posts

Hello everyone,

We resolved an issue in TU 1.1.2 whereby loading a save created after knocking on Halewyn's door would prevent further progress. We are continuing to investigate the various remaining issues with "Clues and Riddles". I am truly sorry to not have any additional information to provide from the developers at this time, however, I'll keep updating this thread with the latest news as soon as any becomes available. These issues are not ones we are ignoring, and I am providing the developers with as much new information from this thread as I can. Additional save files and videos are always welcomed to aid in their investigation.

Below, again, is a brief summary of where we are at with each recognised issue:

• The player is unable to knock on Halewyn the Druid's door at the start of "Clues and Riddles"
      • Comments: We are collecting save files for the developers to analyse. If playing on PC or PS4, we would appreciate it if you could submit these via a support case or Live Chat.
    • After lighting the five wickermen for the ritual, the player is unable to speak to Halewyn the Druid
      • Comments: We are collecting save files for the developers to analyse. If playing on PC or PS4, we would appreciate it if you could submit these via a support case or Live Chat.
    • After completing all of the objectives for "Clues and Riddles", the quest completion does not validate
      • Comments: This issue was fixed as part of TU 1.1.1. If you are still encountering this issue, please provide a video showing this here in the thread so that we can look further into it.
    • Saving after knocking on Halewyn's door and reloading that save prevents further progress
      • Comments: This issue was fixed as part of TU 1.1.2. As above, if still encountering this issue, please provide a video demonstrating this here in the thread so that we can investigate.

@sofakingwet1973 @Samatyaa @MARSDENx @glover87r @punkdude21 @ynazarkin @Marodir @Wagner_360 - I am very glad to hear that the fix worked for you all! Thanks for sharing your success, and for letting us know that the fix worked for you! 🙂

@MFDraco @Zuganug @FosterXboxGamer @edelgiud @RiverDan @Miner5758 @splashmonkey @olliefinn10 @SNOSPMIS_EHT @Ranslem - I am sorry to hear that the fix in TU 1.1.2 for the issue with reloading a save after knocking on Halewyn's door was not applicable to your situations. Rest assured that we are still investigating the issue with the objective validation after helping Halewyn to complete the ritual, as well as with being able to knock on his door at the start of the quest. If any of you are PC or PS4 players, and are able to provide your save files, please refer to this support article for instructions on how to do so! Please write your case reference numbers here in the thread so that we may refer to them. Thank you!

@Remy-K - I am unable to provide additional information until any becomes available to me from the developers, however I am providing continuous updates as to the state of each investigation to the best of my ability. I have requested some progress updates from the developers, so hopefully I will have something more substantial to share soon. Please rest assured that the developers are working on these issues, and are taking them seriously. Thanks for your patience.

@glover87r - Please refer to the above issue statuses; I'll keep everyone updated as soon as a fix is confirmed for a future patch.

@splashmonkey - Hey there! You can find our global contact information, including Live Chat opening times, on this page. If you continue to struggle with opening a case, please let me know and I'll see if I can open one manually on your account for you. Thanks for offering to provide your save games, it's much appreciated! 🙂

@greenguy6210 - Thank you for providing additional details about the issue you are experiencing. Your issue is under investigation currently, and I'll keep this thread updated with the latest news I have as I receive it.

@LordTachungusYT - Thank you for your video, I've sent it to the developers. I'll update everyone here in this thread with the latest news as I receive it.

@gymtan - Please rest assured that the developers are working to find fixes for these issues, and support agents such as myself will keep this thread updated with the latest news.

@Zuganug - I am sorry to hear that you feel this way about Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I am doing all I can to provide updates here in this thread as well as share provided save files, videos, images and information with the developers for each issue. I hope to have some further information to share soon.

@eltnameerf - I've listed the current statuses of each investigation above again - please refer to this! Thank you!

@RiverDan @aiden0706 - You can find our digital refund policy here, and our physical refund policy here. Please check these to see if you would be eligible for a refund. If you have played a substantial amount of the game, I am afraid it is unlikely that we can provide a refund, however they are considered on a case-by-case basis so you are welcome to put a request in to have it considered.

@KenttO_ - Thanks for your reply to the thread! Are you able to provide a video of the issue you are experiencing? Is it the validation of your completion of the ritual that you are stuck on?

@MFCristian92 - Please rest assured that I - and all of my colleagues - are not ignoring your concerns. We're here to help and doing so to the best of our ability. 🙂 To that end, which issue are you having with Clues and Riddles please, as your latest images seem to show a new one, whereby Halewyn is dead? Also, regarding the reconstruction of Ragnar's death, do you have a separate thread open for this issue that I can refer to? Finally, please do refrain from spamming this thread. I've merged your posts into one, as to allow for much clearer discussion. Thank you.

@a6252a - Your case 13695127 has been escalated to the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team for their review. I've shared your video with the developers myself - thank you!

@SounderSpace710 - Please refrain from bypassing our language filter using punctuation. It is as punishable / sanctionable as using the actual term, per our forum rules. Regarding your issue, rest assured it is one we are still looking into.

@guest-ZW2rhum0 - 500 hours is a seriously impressive playtime! Rest assured that the issue you are facing remains under investigation at the moment, and we'll keep everyone updated here in this thread. Thank you for your patience in the meantime. Out of personal curiosity, what is it that you have spent so many hours doing in-game? I thought my 250 hours was a lot, given I'm a completionist! 👀

Official Response
  • aiden0706
    2 posts

you’ve had 4 months to fix the issue or give people a reset mission option the fact that it’s still under investigation is embarrassing you need to fire the devs or do some more Qi before releasing an unfinished and broken game
    @ubi-woofer

• splashmonkey
    6 posts

@ubi-woofer I'm afraid that I'm still seeing the same issue whenever I go to open a ticket. I'm selecting PC>Assassins Creed Valhalla>Gameplay>Not Listed Here, and as soon as I select Gameplay the option to use chat disappears. Should I be selecting a different path? This is the only version that seemed to make any sense to me.

Alternatively, if you're able to open a ticket for me I'd be more than happy to upload the save files. If it helps: I was having the issue whereby I couldn't interact with the door (after saving the game on first attempt, as I'd not figured out how to put the disguise on. I then came back and hit the bug that has been fixed in 1.1.2. I'm now stuck at "druid just dances" - he dropped a hint about setting the straw men alight (though I think I may have done this previously) and nothing happens. I can see and interact with all of the clues, but it seems that the bugged druid is preventing the questline from completing.

• MFCristian92
    9 posts

@ubi-woofer It took a while for someone to respond.

I have managed to bypass the reconstruction of Ragnar's death and complete it. After fast travelling to Norway and back to Jorvik when I went to Ragnar's pit I finally had the "Focus" option on the pit and I have complete it.

The issue with Halewyn is that after telling me to burn the 5 straw men he stops interacting with me entirely. I found all the clues fast travelled everywhere and back, meditated, reloaded save after save and it still does not work.

I have bombarded him with fire arrows and got my horse to keep bumping into him until I got him back in the house where he somehow died😅😅

I thought this will help, I then meditated faaar away from him and approached the area at night time as some suggested hoping that he will be alive and well and able to interact with me, but sadly he was dead dead as you can see in the pictures.

I have given him a lap of honor around England and I even tried to take him to Asgard but...Eivor just drops him when he drinks the potion so...no Valhalla for Halewyn.

We met Petra, Randvi, Rada and everyone else...we then went and released some fireflies where the seer is...then...sadly Halewyn disappeared with no trace.

• Marodir
    45 posts

@mfcristian92 I'll try to tip for the Ragnar issue, thanks! I've been stuck seeing where the item for interaction is supposed to be (shows up in white in focus), but the actual ITEM isn't there. Hope travelling to Norway and back helps... Or maybe all the way to Asgard.🤔

• Remy.K
    13 posts

I have never been able to interact with the druid's door. Has this issue been resolved? I see some people saying yes and others no. I don't want to reinstall this game only to find out I can't progress.

• mrcreator2021
    6 posts

@aiden0706
    I agree with you totally embarrassing i got that angry and frustrated with clues and riddles
    That after about 90 to 100 hours i restarted the game.
    I reloaded at the part where we set sail for England from Norway i don't know whether that's helped or not
    But I'm hoping they'll have fixed it by the time I get back to clues and riddles.
    Well we can live in hope.

• Zuganug
    12 posts

@mfcristian92 That is epic. Perhaps you can drop off his dead body in the AC Valhalla QA/QC department next?

The fact that the devs are still asking for saved games is enraging at this point. Having years of experience dealing with SW development as a profession, this tells me the devs are trying to untangle a mess of spaghetti code with a million problems tying to run down the logic flowcharts to find the exxaaacccttt place their code is still going wrong. Instead of just going "Check - did player start mission XXX", "is player located at X,Y,Z (druid house)", and if both = either a) mark quest as completed or b) present option "There is a known issue with this quest - would you like to skip it and mark as complete". BYPASSING the entire horrible flowchart of broken programming logic.

BTW, not only am I past purchaser of multiple AC games, I am also a Far Cry customer. At least, a former one - given my experience here, I'm now planning on skipping FC6, as there is no way in heck I want to sink my time and money into it just to encounter this nonsense again.

• guest-0BW9c0O0
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • splashmonkey
    6 posts

@ubi-woofer I was finally able to raise a support case - 14199322. Save file and dxdiag (though I doubt the latter will help) are attached there.

• Marodir
    45 posts

@mfcristian92 Managed to get the Ragnar mission to work, had to just keep walking around the pit, focusing in all sorts of places, finally worked at the top of the high wall behind the wooden platform above the pit (in case others can get help from it). Very disappointed at the ending of that. I thought it might be a longer mission, just an item drop...😓😒

• RutilantDryad
    3 posts

I've seen a few other users noted this problem as well, but the Ubisoft staff seem to have missed the posts when talking about known issues.

At the start of Clues and Riddles, when you first wake up in bed, I cannot interact with the last clue in the house... The pot/cooking pot. I've tried exiting the house and going through the cut scene and re-entering, loading a bunch of earlier saves and retrying, viewing the clues in the house and nothing works. I do not get the prompt to be able to view the clue. I've tried running in circles mashing Y as well.

(Xbox One)

It's disappointing to find out how long this issue has been going on for, without a good resolve, and knowing that I have plenty more bugs to get through during this mission alone.

• Splerr
    1 posts

I have the same problem !

Same problem for 4 months, no support, no bug fixes , a shame, shame for UBISOFT.
    To believe that the developer or UBISOFT don't give a [censored].

• SounderSpace710
    14 posts

I hope Ubisoft doesn't forget about the people still stuck with the druid dancing. This forum seems to be slowing down and many of us including myself would still like to finally finish the game.... I hope it gets fixed soon 😞

• Marodir
    45 posts

@sounderspace710 I think it appears to be slowing down because most of us have had our problems fixed, but there are still several issues with this mission that's marked as under investigation or fixed during later update, so they're still working on it. I suspect they didn't realize how many different problems there were with this mission, and figured solutions to one (main) problem would fix some of the others. When that didn't turn out to be true, they've been working on fixing them individually, but sadly one at a time, so yours hasn't been resolved yet...😓
    @Ubi-Woofer , can you confirm that this is still being worked on?

• Zuganug
    12 posts

Its been about 2 weeks without any response. What the F is going on with this, Ubisoft? Is it really your corporate policy to release a game with many game breaking bugs and then just de-prioritize fixing them.

WHY DO YOU HAVE BANDWIDTH TO RELEASE RIVER RAID WITHOUT FIXING THESE SORTS OF ISSUES?

• RiverDan
    13 posts

So. I have now completed all maps 100% achievement. Completed river raid fully. Caught every species of fish. Collected 95% of all available map opal. Still have a dancing fool preventing me from completing the story. Nothing but crickets from Ubisoft on Clues and Riddles mission. For the future I will not be purchasing any Ubi games day one. Zero micro transactions or season passes. This is the worst problem I have had with a game in decades.

• RutilantDryad
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • RutilantDryad
    3 posts

@rutilantdryad

Note: I found a post on Reddit where a player was able to progress past here by shooting the jug/last clue with an arrow since melee attacks don't work. This worked for me and I was able to complete the full mission today without any further issues

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Hello all!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your reports from "Clues and Riddles." Please be assured that these have been passed along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. Please be assured that we are regularly checking in with the development team for updates regarding the investigations being followed in this thread. Following @Ubi-Woofer's last update, I would like to provide you all with an update with the status of the ongoing investigations:

• The player is unable to knock on Halewyn the Druid's door at the start of "Clues and Riddles"
    • After lighting the five wickermen for the ritual, the player is unable to speak to Halewyn the Druid
      • Comments: I'm happy to let you all know that the development team hope to resolve this issue in a future update! At this moment in time, we cannot provide you all with a definite ETA for this update. Once we have more information to share from the investigation, it will be posted within this thread and within our News & Announcements forum.
    • After completing all of the objectives for "Clues and Riddles", the quest completion does not validate
      • Comments: This issue was fixed as part of TU 1.1.1. If you are still encountering this issue, please provide a video showing this here in the thread so that we can look further into it.
    • Saving after knocking on Halewyn's door and reloading that save prevents further progress
      • Comments: This issue was fixed as part of TU 1.1.2. As above, if still encountering this issue, please provide a video demonstrating this here in the thread so that we can investigate.

@aiden0706 - We have passed on feedback regarding the introduction of a quest reset feature to the development team. If this feature is to be added to the game, it will be shared within the forums.

@splashmonkey - I'm sorry to hear that you've had some trouble when opening a support ticket. I can see that you were able to submit your save files, and that these were passed on to the development team for further investigation. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us.

@MFCristian92 - I'm glad to hear that you've been able to complete Ragnar's quest. Thanks for sharing how you were able to do so, as I can see that it's helped some other players within this thread. I'm also happy to say that the development team hopes to resolve the issue wherein, after lighting the five wickermen, Eivor is unable to interact with Haelwyn. Please keep an eye out within the forums for future news about this update!

Regarding Haelwyn's untimely passing - I'm sorry to hear that he's appearing as dead in your game. If possible, are you able to try loading an earlier save to see if this resurrects him? If this doesn't help to resolve the issue, would you be able to open up a new thread about this issue specifically so we can keep this investigation separate? This will help to prevent any miscommunication or loss of information as we investigate Haelwyn's passing further.

@Remy-K - The issue wherein players were unable to interact with Haelwyn's door was marked is still being investigated further. If you play on PC/PS4, please would you be able to follow the steps provided above to submit your save file for further investigation?

@RutilantDryad - Thanks for taking the time to report the issue you're having during the investigation of Tedwr's house. Thanks for sharing how you were able to bypass this and proceed with the quest.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics