Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• splashmonkey
    6 posts

Hi @ubi-borealis - I just wanted to check that the "druid just dances" bug is indeed the second one that you referred to in your list. Can you confirm? Because this is where I'm stuck.

• FosterXboxGamer
    16 posts

@rutilantdryad

Where is the jug? Am I missing a clue or do you mean before you get to the Druid?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4193 posts

Hello there!

@splashmonkey - From my understanding of the investigation, this is the same issue (as whilst you're lighting the five wickermen, Haelwyn is dancing on his platform). We hope to be able to resolve this in a future update. Once we have more information about this, it will be shared within the thread, so please keep an eye out!

@FosterXboxGamer - The jug can be found in Tedwr's house, so this is before you visit the Druid.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • extracoconut
    2 posts

Just experiencing this bug.

First time attempt, wearing the mask he comes out, I light the mannequins. I view all clues but when I go back to him, there's no option to speak and I get the "get in disguise" message. I am in disguise.
    Re-load an earlier save and now, he won't even asnwer the door regardless as to whether I am in disguise or not.

Yes - others are experiencing this. And bugs happen.

However, 4 or 5 months and you still haven't fixed it? Really?

• extracoconut
    2 posts

This might be common knowledge to everyone...but I "fixed" my problem.

When I rolled up first time, I was wearing the disguise and Halewyn opened the door. When I got to the "doing his "O Wind" dance" I wasn't. However, when I removed the cape, I was wearing the disguise. The sheep's skull was visible so I assumed I was in disguise.

When I reset and tried again from an earlier save, he wouldn't open the door...even though I was in disguise.

Except that I wasn't strictly in disguise. I had the skull on but wasn't in disguise. Only when I did the standard get into disguise from the down-arrow wheel, did it work.

So, not sure it'll help anyone else but even though you might be represented as wearing the skull, put the disguise on. It worked for me.

• blackbird08
    3 posts

Still broken, I burn all scarecrows and nothing happens, can not interact with the Druid, can not progress in the game

• guest-RN8ZEamn
    1 posts

Hello everyone- for assassins creed Valhalla I think there is a bug: I am doing clues and riddles and I set all the hay people on fire and interact with the clues for the riddle and I also tried talking to the Druid. But on my screen it doesn’t say speak to Druid and I know that I have to put my cloak on with my mask and I have tried that as well. It’s also the last place I have to pledge. Any suggestions on how I can move forward. Please help. Thank you.

• SounderSpace710
    14 posts

@guest-rn8zeamn You are 5 months late.... idk how many updates we've been waiting to get it fixed. There were multiple stop in progression issues with this mission, and yours is the same one I have which isn't fixed yet...

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

Following the announcement of TU 1.2.0, I would like to update you all with the status of the ongoing investigations into "Clues and Riddles." TU 1.2.0 is due to be deployed 16 March, 2021 at 1PM CET/8AM EDT. You can read the patch notes and learn more here.

The following issue is due to be resolved in TU 1.2.0:

• After lighting the five wickermen for the ritual, the player is unable to speak to Halewyn the Druid

If this issue still persists for you following the deployment of TU 1.2.0, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can investigate further. Please also include a video that shows you have TU 1.2.0 installed, and that you are still unable to speak with Halewyn after lighting the five wickermen.

I would also like to remind you all on the status of other investigations that have taken place with "Clues and Riddles."

• The player is unable to knock on Halewyn the Druid's door at the start of "Clues and Riddles"
      • Comments: We are collecting save files for the developers to analyse. If playing on PC or PS4, we would appreciate it if you could submit these via a support case or Live Chat.
    • After completing all of the objectives for "Clues and Riddles", the quest completion does not validate
      • Comments: This issue was fixed as part of TU 1.1.1. If you are still encountering this issue, please provide a video showing this here in the thread so that we can look further into it.
    • Saving after knocking on Halewyn's door and reloading that save prevents further progress
      • Comments: This issue was fixed as part of TU 1.1.2. As above, if still encountering this issue, please provide a video demonstrating this here in the thread so that we can investigate.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • SounderSpace710
    14 posts

FINALLY, IT'S FIXED !!!!!!

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for confirming that you've been able to proceed in "Clues & Riddles," @SounderSpace710!

If you've been able to proceed after lighting the five wickermen as part of the ritual, or if you're still having trouble speaking to Halewyn, please don't hesitate to update this thread and let us know!

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • RiverDan
    13 posts

I can beat the mission now. I had it stuck after lighting five wickermen. Playing on series x.

Four months. That's how long it took. Seems like a very long time for a game stopping bug. Ubisoft has been one of my favorite devs/publishers for years. Literally bought the first Ghost Recon available on Xbox Live. (2001, or 2002?) This experience will make me wait to buy any more Ubisoft titles until after I've research for any bugs.

• greenguy6210
    3 posts

Can confirm, after lighting all 5 of the scarecrows, I was able to talk and successfully complete the mission.

I am sure this is and has been quite stressful for you folks for quite some time, now let's go back to playing what is a great game and a series we all thoroughly enjoy.

Thank you, I hope the remaining issues are solved as soon as possible.

• blackbird08
    3 posts

Still unable to progress with story. It is March 15 and I have been stuck here for 3 months. This is a game breaking bug well through the majority of the game, and still no fix? Disappointed, to say the least. This is the last time I pay full price for a Ubisoft game.

issue is after lighting the scarecrows on fire I cannot talk to/interact with the Druid, even with the disguise on or off.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to update with your experiences with "Clues & Riddles" following TU 1.2.0.

@RiverDan & @greenguy6210 - I'm glad to hear that you've been able to complete this quest and proceed with the story. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us as well.

@blackbird08 - I'm sorry to hear that you're still unable to proceed through "Clues & Riddles" after lighting the wickermen following TU 1.2.0. To help us to investigate this further, would you be able to send us a video that shows you have TU 1.2.0 installed, and that you're still unable to interact with Halewyn? We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SounderSpace710
    14 posts

@blackbird08 make sure you have the proper update installed. I had to restart my xbox to get it to update, then it should work for you. Good luck 👍

• MFCristian92
    9 posts

Well hello again my dear people.

I was FINALLY able to complete this EPIC game.

All sins are taken away. Everything is forgotten.

Peace!

• edelgiud
    13 posts

As soon as I loaded my save game where I was at the Druid, he became available to speak to him finally.
    Wow, I can progress now.
    Glad the developers at Ubisoft finally got it done.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

Thank you for letting us know that you've finally been able to speak to Halewyn after completing the ritual! I'm glad to hear that you've been able to proceed through "Clues & Riddles" and continue your adventures!

I'd just like to provide an update with the ongoing investigations into "Clues and Riddles" following TU 1.2.0.

• The player is unable to knock on Halewyn the Druid's door at the start of "Clues and Riddles"
      • Comments: I'm happy to let you all know that the development team are planning to fix this issue in a future update! Once we have more definite information regarding this update, we will post within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

If you are encountering an alternative issue with "Clues and Riddles" following TU 1.2.0, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein Halewyn's door cannot be interacted with is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with "Clues and Riddles" following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• Which issue you're encountering in "Clues and Riddles."
    • You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics