0 Likes/2 Replies/36 ViewsOriginal poster QuietBeat 5 posts
Most of the Assassins' games are good for storytelling and exploration, and I'll give this game a partial thumbs-up for attempting to bring a new story to life and add some variety. Where I feel they're lacking is the technical aspects of the game such as graphics, AI, quests...well pretty much everything other than story. During the pandemic, I feel that some games have done a great job while others have suffered. For instance, I loved playing Watch Dog Legion because 1) the stories were intertwined, 2) the graphics (Ray-traced) were absolutely amazing, and 3) the mechanics of the game flowed well. As others have pointed out numerous flaws with this game, I'll just highlight the areas that give me grief.
- ASUS MAXIMUM ROG X Hero Motherboard with WiFi - Z370 chipset Dual GPU support
- Intel Core i7 8700K LGA 1151 8th gen 6 core 3.7 GHz
- 16 GB Fury Hyper X DDR4 2400
- Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080
- ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q
Settings are on Ultra High
1. After playing Watchdog Legion with Ray Tracking and DLSS, it’s incredibly disappointing and utter sad to see this game without such wonderful fancies. This game looks bleak, dreary and 2 dimensional by comparison!
2. There’s noticeable screen tearing when looking around the world from my avatar’s perspective or the raven. I've played with the Vsync settings and the "best" I can do is set the setting to Adaptive.
3. During most cut-scenes when the animation has sound, the sound is almost always out-of-sync with the animation, i.e., drawing a blade, slamming a tankard on the table, etc.
4. The water looks weird and waves are [censored] up, especially when I’m in a longboat and looking at the front and rear of the boat. This has got to be the second worst water I’ve ever seen.
5. The animation for small animals like Rabbits is [censored] up…if they spot me, they will most likely run away then come back towards me, pause and repeat. I’ve seen all sorts of animals run in circles, get “caught” in water, etc.
6. The AI is unfortunately not implemented well in many instances. Two instances that I saw are:
- I've seen 8 guards on their way to re-populate a village I recently raided, ignore me until I killed all but 2 of them. And even then they didn't attack until I engaged them.
- I've seen Zealots get "stuck" trying to navigate simple villages in the swamps; often they will engage in someone else even when I'm standing near/in front of them.
1. There have been numerous times when I want to capture and report an issue but to my knowledge I can't do that in-game. To me, this is the best time to capture information like my PC specs, game settings, etc.so I recommend adding a Report Issue feature that allows the user to capture, photos, videos, add notes, and capture PC/game information.
2. When carrying a torch and trying to aim, it takes a few seconds for the game to allow me to adjust my aim properly. Once done, the torch will almost never land where I’m aiming.
3. If a settlement has already been raided, show it on the map. So far it appears that once an area has been raided that you can’t raid it again, right? Right now I can re-raid an area but since there's no one of fight, its an exercise in futility.
4. When I'm being stealthy and taking out the enemy in an encampment/town (that's not part of a Raid) and I blow my horn know that my men are close by, I expect, my men to come to me but they don't.
Q_the_Elf 1 posts
I'm 24hrs. in and the game is crashing about every five minutes. It freezes then goes to black screen. Please fix soon. I payed $120.00 and expect it to work. My PC is much more than powerful enough. Thank you.