Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • FieserMoep
    Original poster 19 posts

I am currently in the midst of the Firebrand Quest and already have killed everyone outside and inside the Church where the big Bonfire is.
    Problem is: The REAL Firebrand is neutral to me. I can't attack her in any way of form and my reticule turns grey when aiming at her.
    Obviously this prevent the Main Story from going on.

My personal guess is that this is bugged due to me maybe clearing lootable items within the church before I even started the quest? No idea.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FieserMoep
    Original poster 19 posts

"Burning the Firebrand" is the proper Questname btw.

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

Hello! I'm sorry to read you're facing this issue.

This doesn't appear to be a known issue, would it perhaps be possible to provide a video of your experience please?

In the meantime, here are some suggestions to try -

• Fast travel, then come back
    • Meditate

Thank you!

Official Response
  • FieserMoep
    Original poster 19 posts

@ubi-raziel undefined

This is a picture of it. Not sure how to make a video tbh. The Firebrand here is neutral and just always going into that corridor, doing nothing. When I use odin vision she gets tagged with a green dot and the reticule of the bow turns grey when aiming at her. Not sure if that tells you anything more of how this npc may be flagged. (Neutral, Ally, etc.)

• FieserMoep
    Original poster 19 posts

@ubi-raziel As for meditating and fast travel. I did that. I even restarted the entire quest with a previous savegame but it always ends up like this. My guess is that this is due to me looting the place before? I will add a map where you can see what Wealth etc. I had looted before I started the quest:

undefined

Now a bigger and maybe bette and more helpful screen of my problem:

undefined

• Ubi-Raziel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 197 posts

Hello again, thank you for providing so much information! The images especially are very helpful.

I have forwarded everything to our QA team. They will try to reproduce the issue themselves by first clearing the area, then accepting the quest.

We'll let you know if we have any questions!

Official Response
  • awsegal
    1 posts

Hi I also looted before the mission and have tried the same trouble shooting to no avail please patch.

thanks

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

Hey folks,

In order to assist the team in reproducing this issue, can you upload your save file via our support website, so it can be passed on?

Official Response
  • FieserMoep
    Original poster 19 posts

@ubi-swaggins Found the issue thanks to a reddit comment.

The problem is: If you looted the Church before you may have opened the barricaded door. Enetering the Barricaded doors during the quest won't trigger the cutscene to turn Firebrand hostile.

Instead one has to enter through the chruch tower to trigger the Cutscene still, even if we already have unlocked the curch otherwise.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

@fiesermoep Thanks for the extra information, I have passed this onto the team to assist with their investigation.

Could you all please contact Ubisoft Support via Facebook and Twitter, so we can gather save files to send to the team to help them with their investigation?

Official Response
  • HazelFawn
    1 posts

@ubi-swaggins

Want to pitch in and say this worked for me as well. Entering through the following "unfinished window" with the glass resting underneath the circular entrance upon the tower was the only way to initiate the cutscene and get the glitched NPC to be recognized:

I had also looted the building beforehand, so entering through previously locked/barred doors left the Firebrand in the exact same position as the one in @FieserMoep 's screenshot. When I went through the above entryway and down the stairs, the cutscene eventually started.

• Boldclang
    1 posts

Im also unable to launch any of the cutscenes. ive been to the rectory and the archives. Im unable to read/examine the documents. please resolve as i cant continue this game. GAME BREAKER.

• Yellaboi615
    6 posts

Unfortunately I am stuck as well and entered they the unfinished window to no avail.

• breitlingfan
    4 posts

I also have this issue

• ouchmefoot
    1 posts

I also have this issue. Do I need to undo several hours of gametime? Will that work?

• RYDIE
    4 posts

@boldclang same issue I’m having wont let me review doc and he tells me to go to the yule time fest. So bummed I’m going to lose my 50+ hours I have put in because of a glitch

• zoyi81
    4 posts

I have this examine issue too.......

• zoyi81
    4 posts

After upgrade to1.1.1 the problem is steel there..

• zoyi81
    4 posts

@fiesermoep for me the Archives can not examined.

• Kj4ergaard
    2 posts

@fiesermoep Did you ever find a solution to this? Im having the same problem 😞

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics