Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PrimalStrike65
    Original poster 11 posts

Okay, here’s my problem...
    I’ve been playing ACV since launch and for the most part everything has been fine (I did have the corrupt file incident happen but it seemed to resolve on it’s own after 24hrs.). But now I have this whole new issue and have tried everything I can think of to resolve it.
    Four days ago I loaded up ACV as usual but when I got to the ‘Continue’ page the ‘curser’ would not move. I then loaded up a different profile and it worked just fine for 3days. I’ve been checking from time to time the first (main) profile but it still hasn’t ‘fixed itself’. Now the second profile is doing the same as the first one has been doing. The controllers that I’ve tried all work as normal on other games and apps.

Things I’ve tried :
    1) replaced the batteries in controllers with fresh (3 times)
    2) used 4 different controllers (2 of which are brand new controllers) and also changed batteries in them 3 times
    3) re-synced 2 of the 4 controllers
    4) uninstalled ACV and re-installed it
    5) I’ve even tried mouse and keyboard (with fresh batteries), neither of which will allow me to control game as well
    And lastly 6) performed a hard reset on my XBOX One S

I’ve searched the forums but cannot find anything resembling my problem. Please help me with this, I don’t know what else to do.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• PrimalStrike65
    Original poster 11 posts

***UPDATE***

To Whom It May Concern,

I ‘STILL’ cannot play ACV (and TBH, it’s the only game I want to play). I very patiently waited for patch 1.04 thinking that would probably fix the issue considering as how AC-OD had the same problem. Well, I have had enough, I wanted to play ACV so bad I even bought it on PC but I can’t play it there either because Ubisoft decided to use DX12 on the PC version and anyone that doesn’t have a supercomputer can’t play it. It would have been nice if that was listed somewhere in the minimal requirements (way to deceive Ubisoft). So now I’ve shelled out $240 for a game I’ll never get to play again (well, I did get to enjoy it for four days at least. I wonder, did I get my money’s worth? LoL). Needless to say you’ve lost me as a customer (I know I know, they don’t give a crap). To bad I pre-ordered Immortals Fenyx Rising.
    Just to let you know how important your games/gaming means to me; I am a shut-in, I lost one of my legs from a birth defect 6yrs ago and am about to lose the other one for the same reason. Gaming is all I have! Anyways, I suppose I’ll just have to be content on watching others play it on YouTube.

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@primalstrike65 i havent been able to even launch the game on pc despite being over the RECOMMENDED specs, posted my issue not too long ago, looks like ubi lost 2 customers.

• PrimalStrike65
    Original poster 11 posts

@krvpt
    WoW!!! Over the recommended spec?!? What happened to this company? They were doing so good, I am soooo sorry to hear about your issue with them, I really hope they will get it right for you (and all the others that are going through the same thing).

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@primalstrike65 yeah its tough. i have a ryzen 7 2700 and a rtx 2070 super and i cant even get passed the splash screen, oh well either i get the game for free or i refund and wait for a discount down the line in like a year when they finally figure this thing out.

hopefully they fix your issue soon as well! i know how frustrating this is haha

• PrimalStrike65
    Original poster 11 posts

@krvpt
    From the posts that I’ve read they aren’t giving refunds for this game (I guess it’s okay for big corporations to release a sub-par product and get away with it).

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@primalstrike65 well in my case, i cant even launch the product they put out despite being over the specs, if they dont give me a refund ill report them to the better business bureau. ill eventually receive a refund for this one way or another

• PrimalStrike65
    Original poster 11 posts

@krvpt
    It won’t launch for me either on PC, apparently my graphics cards don’t support DX12. But TBH, I’m actually more confused as to how they can’t figure it out for consoles. I mean PC’s would be harder to code for as to how there can be so many different kinds and configurations, but a console there’s only at most 7 models to code for. I dunno, at this point I’m just so fed up with them. EVERY game they release there are issues, you’d think by now they’d have all this figured out.
    Regardless, I’m done with this company. I liked the direction they were going with the IP, but for me, it’s just to expensive to keep buying their games and getting the frustrations. It took them 6mo. to finally get AC-OD right. I’m not going through that anymore.

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@primalstrike65 yeah thats insane. 6 months to play a game you payed $60 for? jesus.. yeah this is just asinine.

• PrimalStrike65
    Original poster 11 posts

@krvpt not $60, I almost always get the “Ultimate”, so it’s usually $100+ (which, IMO is a bit to high for the upgrade, but that’s a whole other topic...lol). Anyways, they aren’t getting anymore of my money (they’ve take advantage of me long enough). I’m tired of it!

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@primalstrike65 damn! yeah after that i probably would have never gotten another ubisoft game again.

• krvpt.
    63 posts

***UPDATE***

looks like ubi finally added it to the list of known issues and it will be addressed in a future update.. i wonder how long thats going to take..

• OzoneHeals
    22 posts

@krvpt where do you see these known issues? I can't play the game either, it just crashes whenever I load any of my saves.

• PrimalStrike65
    Original poster 11 posts

@ozoneheals I just read through the forums, ALOT of people are having ALOT of problems.

• OzoneHeals
    22 posts

@primalstrike65 At least I'm not alone. I have 90 hours into this game and now I can't play at all on a holiday weekend. I don't want to lose multiple hours of progress because of their screwup.

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@ozoneheals its in the forums. they're made by ubisoft and are always locked so you cant reply but they're there

• OzoneHeals
    22 posts

@krvpt so does that mean for those of us who can't play it's just a waiting game now?

• krvpt.
    63 posts

@ozoneheals seems like it. at least its been added to the known issues list. here is the link https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/76980/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-known-issues-updated-nov-26

ive been playing the waiting game for 16 days so another week or 2 wont hurt i guess.

Suggested Topics