Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kmansp31
    Original poster 48 posts

Raids are great, but become stale pretty quickly. There's no fear of losing or challenge since you can just take as long as you'd like. A couple of thoughts that would improve raiding:

1) As raids increase in power level, so too should the chance that enemy reinforcements come forcing you to get in, loot what you came for, and get out. This should particularly be the case for higher level monasteries and military camps that are close to forts. Wouldn't they send reinforcements? As it is, you can take your time, which is kind of odd when you see everyone running around like a crazy person screaming. When a certain amount of time has past, you should see enemy reinforcements approaching forcing your raiding party to hurry up and take what you can and get out, or be stuck in a challenging fight. The higher the power level/area, the more challenging this should become. Otherwise you can take your time solving the ridiculous puzzles to enter the buildings guarding treasures.

2) The Barracks and the jomsviking are a neat idea, but come off as completely pointless. You can hire other players custom made Jomsviking, and even change out their gear, but this is all pretty pointless. The most basic vikings you start out with do exactly the same job as those you might hire. I don't even see a difference when swapping out their gear. So why bother hiring other players characters? It's a waste of money.

What should happen is putting on gear that you have increases their attack and defense, but it should also be made to wear they can actually die. Otherwise why care about what raiding members you hire? It's a cosmetic feature which loses its point when you don't care- there's no attachment to them. This would also make raiding a little more interesting if you care about taking care of your raiding party. Otherwise, you might as well just stick to the default raiding party and not hire anyone.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Mr.Dastone
    14 posts

I respect your view but I have to say Raids ruin this game. People play Assassins' Creed to stealth , wipe out forts and loot from the shadows. Raids should be solo, and stealthy. Always having groups around you , takes away all the stuff that people like in Assassins Creed. sneaking around a fort killing all and if your spotted all hell breaks lose is what made Odyssey the Great game it was,,,now that is gone due to Raids.

Not to mention brings in the far away, looking from a drone down combat system , which to me is flat out horrible.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@mr-dastone You can't really do a viking game from the viking perspective without raiding at all tbh.

• kmansp31
    Original poster 48 posts

@mr-dastone It's a viking game more than it is an assassins creed game. I'm actually fine with this. They just need to make them more challenging and worthwhile.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@kmansp31 They will, wont they? It's already announced for their first free DLC. There will be repeatable raids with new loot and stuff. I am sure they will overwork the raid mechanics for that too.

Here are the details: https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/3pJRdkfAuo94ogVkaCn03U/assassins-creed-valhalla-postlaunch-detailed

• kmansp31
    Original poster 48 posts

@souldrinkerlp

yeah... this is kind of neat. Similar to what I was talking about:

• The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can create a lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature that will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up. The higher the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.

But this should really be in the main game. Right now, I see now point in paying 100 silver to hire someone else's Jomsviking when the default ones do the same thing.

Also, I like the idea of ranking up the raiding crew, but if all I'm going to get is silver then it's another let down. What am I going to buy with it? There's so little gear, and you can find all the ingots and runes you want all over the place. I'm already sitting with a ton of silver. Would be cool if there was a different reward, or if I could actually buy something worthwhile with the silver.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@kmansp31 Yea, I feel you.

Maybe they'll add more stuff to do with silver. I only once collected that silver because I don't need silver 😄

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics