Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Has anyone else found the supposedly "Game Ready" 457.30 Nvidia driver to in fact reduce performance in Valhalla?

0 Likes/5 Replies/64 Views
    Akira1364
    Original poster 13 posts

On a PC with the following specs:

• i7-4771
    • 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10
    • GTX 1660 Ti

I was consistently getting ~65 FPS in the benchmark at 1080p while using driver 456.71, with settings that amounted to the Ultra preset with "Shadows" and "Volumetric Clouds" specifically bumped down to "High".

After updating to driver 457.30, I'm now getting between 55 and 59 FPS in the benchmark even with additional, fairly significant settings reductions that I wasn't doing previously, like setting "Antialiasing" to "Low" and also moving "Shadows" down further to "Medium".

I have the game installed on a 256GB Samsung 860 Pro SSD, if that's relevant.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• sattium85
    72 posts

@akira1364 try to roll back to version 456.7 and report as a result

• sattium85
    72 posts

I made three test benchmarks on the 456.71 driver and three on 457.30 and did not notice the difference. (60-62 average FPS in both cases) I7 8700K, RTX 2080 Super, nvme SSD, 2560x1440 resolution

• Akira1364
    Original poster 13 posts

@sattium85 Still a consistent difference between the two drivers for me... weird.

• sattium85
    72 posts

@akira1364 try the in-game benchmark on both driver versions and sign off on the results

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics