Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ballon009
    Original poster 12 posts

I hate them. Their slow, not responsive, lazy, and run out of stamina in seconds. Yes you can train them, there still bad even after being trained. It is roach level bad in the witcher 3.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• paulkneipp
    16 posts

I find their stamina and speed are really good. But they are absolute crap at running uphill, literally slower than I could do on foot, although running uphill on foot is also bad.

I don't know anything about horses, maybe this is what real horses are like at running uphill, but it's not making the game very enjoyable. I'm now choosing missions and targeting collectibles based on whether I can see hills in the way.

Interesting that we're having different experiences with stamina and speed. Is this an issue in itself?

Really enjoying this game but it's not without its bugs and it's no Odyssey.

• plochol
    23 posts

I think You exaggerate a bit, after training they're pretty good, yes, uphill they're slow and it's annoying at times, but at least they don't get stuck on everything like in AC3, riding a horse in the woods there was a nightmare 😛

It's not RDR2 level, I get it, R* broke horses in every game for me too 😉

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

The only thing bothering me is that as soon as some animal sees you and goes into attack mode your horse slows down.

• LaMOi
    159 posts

@ballon009

Nah.

Ive only upgraded their swimming ability.

Thats it. That’s the only upgrade you need. I want things to be as grounded and as realistic as possible.

I don’t want an infinite sprint......

The worst thing about the horses is:

1) No horse combat
    2) Their jump animation is too quick — it looks stupid when they jump over walls....

• MissM16
    213 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Patricia81994
    113 posts

I never use horses well almost never the only two games where horses were a must were RDR2 and SotC. The horses in Valhalla are without a doubt annoying and slow just like in Odyssey.

• RietN7
    11 posts

Uphill and inside settlements they are absolutely useless i agree, the other thing that really irritates me is when calling the horse or using boats and the game keeps dragging your view down.. i want to strangle a chicken every time it happens.

as for running uphill (or anywhere) slowly on foot i found a simple lifehack.

You light attack, but almost instantly dodge, that will cause you to always do the forward dodge without ever doing the roll. just keep light attack dodge cancelling until you have a bit of stamina left ( for me its usually a good 4 lunges depending on the armor ) and once your stamina is full again, just repeat.

Enjoy

• MitchThundercok
    27 posts

1) Horses are great

2) *they're

• Mordule
    35 posts

I have owned horses all my life. I really wish that I could keep one in my pocket that would come to me at a whistle. Horses cannot sprint uphill just like you can't. Also, horses cannot gallop for miles on end (Z, E go to map marker), unless you want them to die. Some will run themselves to death if you make them. As to the OP's post, horses in this game do not have a stamina bar neither does Roach. Roach only has a stamina bar during races but she does have a fear bar. I think that was a troll post.

As an experienced horse person, I think the horses in this game are adequate. They are better than that awful sideways gait that was fixed in Odyssey.

• longjohn119
    713 posts

@mordule I haven't played Valhalla enough to get a feel on how well the horses work but I know in Odyssey there is a night and day difference in using the horse with a controller and using the horse with a keyboard ..... No fighting from the horse is kind of stupid IMO especially after being ab;e to do it in both Origins and Odyssey ..... In Odyssey I used a horse 75% of the time very seldom ran it as full speed (you miss too much) and hunted from horseback a lot

• Aloninor
    94 posts

Only major concern I have about the horses in ACV compared to the last two titles, is the limitations of jumping down of a small cliff. Even if it just a meter, the horse makes a full stop and refuses to jump down (sometimes it works).

Other than that I hink horses are quite nice.

Note: The horse can sprint for several minutes, in contrast to OP "run out of stamina in seconds" comment which simply is not true.

• SouldrinkerLP
    316 posts

@longjohn119 You can still hunt on horseback. You can use your bow on horse in Valhalla.

• Quor321
    232 posts

Ya, like many said once upgraded stamina is good. Only problem I got is the change in speeds going up hill seems a bit to much. To the point we're running on foot is faster. Other issue is the lack of combat on horse back. Sure you can shoot a bow and do that stupid kick, but last couple games you could swing your weapon. I see no reason that should not be put back in the game.

• longjohn119
    713 posts
    @longjohn119 You can still hunt on horseback. You can use your bow on horse in Valhalla.

With a broken Aim Assist it's not even worth the effort for me ..... Never even tried it because I knew I was going to be disappointed after Odyssey ...... I took the game off my computer Saturday night because they obviously aren't going to fix that problem anytime soon because they won't even acknowledge it being a problem ..... I needed the space for 2 other Game Pass games plus Cyberpunk 2077 which I'll start playing at 6 PM tomorrow night ..... It'll probably be months before I get back around to Valhalla now .

You snooze you lose .....

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics