Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/8 Replies/136 Views
    geoage095
    Original poster 39 posts

Two words: UNREWARDING GAMEPLAY!
    Now...I understand the Valhalla boss fights not giving you rewards since it's a dream sequence but still what about everything else? So many bosses,zealots,Order of the Ancients members and not a single one gives you loot. WHY!!! Who thought this was a good idea! Come on ubisoft!!!

The only 3 bosses that reward you with anything are Goreli,Regan and Cordelia...[censored].

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ballon009
    9 posts

lets be real, the fights are so easy... you should not get rewards for beating them. Plus your prize is knowing the story. Since last act is locked behind them all.

• kmansp31
    42 posts

@geoage095

yeah... this design decision bugs me too. In ACO and origins I looked forward to defeating bosses knowing I might get some kick [censored] loot. Now, its just skill points which are in abundance. Skill points are almost always the reward for mysteries and bosses. It's just a major let down.

I pretty much ignore most mysteries, roman masks, the flying notes, etc. because I know all I will get is XP/skill points. And I'm already way overpowered as it is, which is another problem because enemies do not scale.

They need to at least implement some sort of weapon/armor engrave option and offer different kinds of resources to use them. Something to look forward to with existing weapons and armor would be nice. The weapon and armor upgrades as they currently exist are kind of lame.

• geoage095
    Original poster 39 posts

@ballon009
    What story are you talking about,the couple random lines of dialogue every zealot has or the fact that The Father was so obvious to figure out? Out of the 4 questlines this game has (Valhalla,England Conquest,Sigurd/Eivor relationship and the Order of The encients) the last one is the most bluntant and predicable. The city arcs where cool i wont lie,but none of the 3 felt amazing. They were simply there to make happy the fans that think the soul of the old AC games is gone.

Compare the amount of unique loot, and how you got the loot from Oddyssey and Origins with Valhalla and you'll realise how bad of a problem AC Valhalla has.

• SeanC.87
    20 posts

@geoage095 it does I stoped playing the game after like 30 hours I got to England finished the sons of Ragnar story arc realized I didn’t get [censored] for it then just stopped playing the game......130$ wasted thanks Ubisoft you [censored] [censored]

• Quor321
    232 posts

@geoage095 Manner of perspective. I found AC Odyssey to be loot heavy with a good story but told terribly. AC Valhalla is loot lite with a good story told better in my opinion. Well at least so far.

So from my perspective Odyssey was rewarding for the loot and the big picture. Valhalla is rewarding for the bits I get with each quest from the story, and probably the big picture when I reach it. And the weapon combos make up for the lack of loot in my opinion.

To each their own and if Valhalla did have massive loot the forums would be filled with other gripes, it never ends with any game.

• geoage095
    Original poster 39 posts

@quor321 You are missing the point,I never said that Valhalla should have the loot table of Odyssey. I said that it needs to have more unique loot with more intresting ways to obtain them...like bosses,or optional questlines like odyssey had and yes exploration too. Thats the problem,Valhalla ignored Bosses and Questlines and dumped everything to exploration!

Why make and design 80 boss-fights(some challenging-others not so much) that give zero rewards. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

This should be an RPG first and a Story game second imo.They established that with Origins already,why reverse it completely?

• Quor321
    232 posts

@geoage095 I don't completely disagree, I only pointed out it's a matter of perspective on what is rewarding. Then gave my opinions on what I find rewarding in both games.

I would like to see more gear. Don't need Odyssey level of gear but more both early on and with bosses would be nice. I am enjoying the game regardless and it is nice to not stop and DC a bunch of crap all the time. Better flow of game play and less bag tinker.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics