Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kalogomo
    Original poster 4 posts

Hi firstly Just wanted to say that I absolutely love the option in this game to play as either gendered Eivor, and make them your very own vikingr! I will enjoy playing through twice as both genders (I know you can switch between them in the animus but I enjoy full play through with both!). I absolutely loved kassandra in odyssey , but am enjoying switching between both this time. Currently I’m playing a male Eivor, and I have noticed in a few quests that characters will refer to him as “she” or “her”. There’s a quest in the Essexe arc (where you find Birstan’s old love) where towards the end Birsten’s old love refers to Eivor as she/her. Then in a little mystery quest in Hemthorpe in Snotinghamshire called “an Althing for the half crown” the children refer to she/her. I have just found another instance of is during the wincestre arc quest “the reeve of wincestre” when the children are spying on eivor on behalf of the quill, and they shout “she’s onto us!” Despite my eivor being the male version in this instance.
    i completely understand how hard it must be to ensure every line is either not gendered at all, or switches according to the player choice, but it does pull you a little out of the gameplay when it happens. I’m excited to play through with a female Eivor next time and know that means they’ll refer to her more personally, but I’m really enjoying male eivor and the voice actor and it feels a shame that it feels like my choice this time round is being ignored (very rarely!) by the script in some places. Love the game though, it’s great, especially as someone who has studied archaeology in the uk ! so thanks again devs! ♥

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kalogomo
    Original poster 4 posts

@kalogomo just wanted to add - there’s also a stranger version of this in the quest “plucking the quill” again in the wincestre arc. Aelwith (the little girl) refers to male Eivor as “he” at the start, but then towards the end of the quest chants a song at Eivor and says “she”. So it seems to flick between knowing and not knowing the correct gender of the selected Eivor!

• We_Are_VenoIVI
    5 posts

I found this issue a lot too. Just recently I was playing as a Male Eivor and was in Wincestre. There were 3 kids in the game and Eivor calls out to them as "Spying mice" (I'm paraphrasing), and the children refer to "Him" as "She".

• We_Are_VenoIVI
    5 posts

@we_are_venoivi

UPDATE: [Spoiler Alert]

Same issue occurred when first encountering "The Quill" the child that is with her refers to my character as a "She" instead of a "He" as does The Quill.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics