Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SephiTraxx
    Original poster 4 posts

Hello

Today, the game failed to start. I deleted the desktop.ini and then started again. I can no longer set the game to Fullscreen, and cannot set to over 60mhz.

What is going on?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SephiTraxx
    Original poster 4 posts

@sephitraxx Update: It seems it only does this when set to 1440p. If I set to 2160, it works. But then the game is unplayable.

• SephiTraxx
    Original poster 4 posts

@sephitraxx Update: If I change the screen resolution to 1440 the game starts but I am not happy to change resolution each time I play the game.

• Sciss0rman
    46 posts

@sephitraxx You can try to change it manually in the ACValhalla.ini in ...:\Documents\Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Make a backup of the file!

You can set:

FullscreenWidth=your resolution
    FullscreenHeight=your resolution

WindowMode=3 (3 should be fullscreen)
    Freesync2Enabled=1 (1 = enabled)

Check all the other options as well, though.
    Like "RefreshRate=144" for example.

After you've changed everything, make it "read only".

• SephiTraxx
    Original poster 4 posts

I tried. The game refuses to start if my desktop resolution does not match the settings resolution.

Suggested Topics