Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Drenus
    Original poster 10 posts

Jesus christ, who designed this one

Whoever it was, fired that [censored], and redesign this one, into something actually doable

Sigh

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• StuN2007
    1 posts

Took a while but I managed it

• danshame
    1 posts

@drenus Worst part of the game, brings things to a fingernails-on-the-blackboard screeching halt. It'd be fine if it wasn't required for trophy like the drinking game...

*even louder more dramatic sigh*

• Roughman01
    16 posts

Agreed this is what broke me on doing side stuff on this game was just gonna beeline to the end but another bug (mari lwyn cloak glitch) put a stop to that

• JCar4327
    635 posts

@drenus Is that the one you have to stack to the ionosphere?

• Drenus
    Original poster 10 posts

@jcar4327

don't remember anymore, it was just the shapes and sizes of stones on this one, that made it a [censored] nightmare

it was the only one, that i didn't manage to finish within a couple of tries, so i guess i was lucky

• Kormac67
    821 posts

I stacked all 7 half rounded rocks.
    Twice because I thought this was another glitch when it was stacked perfectly and nothing happened.
    All the time thinking of the old assessment center joke, "stack three spheres, and who tries it has failed".
    And only then found out there is an almost invisible ellipse way up showing you have to stack at least one length wise ?!?

Did you playtest it?
    Did your testers manage to do it?
    How much fun did they feedback you?
    Or let me guess - you gave them the whole game and they just did the story, huh?

Did the frigging game director stack them?

Yeah, fire that dude, along with the animus anomaly designer.

• Pgcarea53
    4 posts

Seriously.
    Ubisoft should release a patch REMOVING these stupid cairn stacking games from AC.
    This will be remembered as the MOST HATED activity in the whole franchise.

Listen to your customers, Ubi: PATCH THEM CAIRN OUT !!
    No more cairn stones, if you want to continue selling AC titles, because cairn stacking is a DIRTY and LOUSY way of keeping players logged !!

• Dancing_Dragon
    5 posts

I just spent 3 hours on this one and still could not do it, not even with videos.... I also quick saved in between and still could not do it.
    For me all of these points came together:

• Console controls not as fine as PC controls it seems for the Cairn
    • got really motion sick after trying it for the Xth-time due to the controls and how you need to turn the camera all the time
    • the sun shining in the background blocked the view quite alot
    • the wind(?) blew over 2 heavy stones - HOW?!?

Please lower the height you need for this, give us better stones or just remove this Cairn.
    I have not rage quit a single player game since the era of save points instead of auto-saves....
    I'm 32 yo and just spent hours of my free day off to try this Cairn...

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@dancing_dragon

they were all fairly easy to be honest. 2 took me roughly 10minutes to complete and those 10minute were annoying as [censored].

• Dancing_Dragon
    5 posts

@asgardian02 yes the other ones were "ok" but two one of them being the Ingelborg ones where just MF hard.
    It took me 5 more tries after I wrote the post and then I finally got them.

Suggested Topics