Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheCosmicBob
    Original poster 76 posts

Now that I am out of Norway, Eivor has become slightly more interesting. She has a bit more personality and occassionally has something interesting to say that is not directly game related. She's still not as interesting as Kassandra was at the beginning of Odyssey though.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sam_Boo26
    175 posts

I also think Eivor is a protagonist that becomes more interesting as we keep playing. I didn't see her personality at first, but now I do. I think it's not a bad thing; it's fine it's different than Kassandra.

• BurnedRook
    3 posts

@thecosmicbob I think she got to calm down a bit since she finally got revenge and is able to move on from what had dominated her entire life. A lot less rage, a bit more settlement building

• UbiT00n
    Community Manager 106 posts

@thecosmicbob I think you should give her a chance and as you advance through the story in England I think your perception will warm up to her. You'll have to keep us in the loop and let us know if your indeed do start to like her more. Interested to hear your take.

Official Response
  • Flanker1Six
    212 posts

@thecosmicbob Be sure and do the Flyting challenges to get your Charisma up. It does open up more dialogue options between Eivor and NPCs he/she can speak to in game.

• TheCosmicBob
    Original poster 76 posts

@flanker1six Ok. I haven't really done any except the first one. Maybe I will. She could use some charisma, that's for sure. Thanks!

• UbiT00n
    Community Manager 106 posts

@thecosmicbob Building her charisma through flyting does bring her out a little! Let's see your flyting skills 😉

Official Response
  • TheCosmicBob
    Original poster 76 posts

I have done a few Flyting challenges and now got her charisma up to 3. I suppose I will keep doing them.

But almost 30 hours in and I'm still not enamoured of Eivor.I'm only 30 hours in because the game is mostly uninteresting except for a couple of very specific things. Raids are boring. The side quests are mostly dull (though I did like the "Have You Seen This Man" one, that was a hoot).

But the voice acting for the female Eivor has not improved. It's not like the whole group of people are doing a bad job, the NPCs are sometimes really well acted, the blacksmith is great, Petra is great, Ivarr is very amusing and all these actors are doing a good job. But the female Eivor, not so much.

And she still can't compete with Kassandra for personality. There's nothing in her like Kassandra's sarcasm or her offhand "malakas".

I'm really skimming through this one to get to the end (but obviously not quickly). I hope it gets more interesting, but so far it's only marginially improved.

Suggested Topics