Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• adamski8891
    Original poster 1 posts

I would like to report small problem with skill points. When i was power lvl 398 i have acquired 4 skill points after completing quest (dont remember which one) and now i have 2 excessive points to spend but there is nothing to spend them on. undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Mogar328
    7 posts

Once you 100% complete the skill trees you end up starting to get mastery points from what would be skill points. I however seem to have gotten 2 extra skill points before obtaining my first mastery point. The only reason I bring this up is because I cant get the 2 skill point notification off my screen without spending them and I have nothing to spend them on. I've gone through my skill trees and they are all complete.

• Tadiian
    16 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • BurnedRook
    3 posts

@tadiian Those use mastery points. They're at power level 400, which means all the skill point slots are used. I have the same issue with 1 extra skill point.

• Sciss0rman
    46 posts

There's more skills available in future free DLC's.
    Maybe there will be already some in the December content update, but I'm not sure about that one, though.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 359 posts

Thanks for letting us know.

I have passed this onto the team to look into further.

Official Response
  • Flash_D3ath
    7 posts

@mogar328 I just got this same issue. I think I completed a quest right when I leveled up so I got 4 points when 2 would have me hit 400. So I'm stuck with 2 I can't spend and the annoyance of it on my screen and menu.

• Flash_D3ath
    7 posts

@ubi-swaggins
    Just adding that I also have this issue. Just got it after leveling up and completing a quest while at 398. So I got 4 points at once, but only 2 can be spent. just annyoing to see those 2 on screen and menu

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 359 posts

@flash_d3ath Totally understandable.

While this is being looked into, you could disable the "Experience and Skill Points" HUD in the Interface options. That should get rid of the on-screen notification.

Official Response
  • YoungSpoodles
    8 posts

So I must have done a cairn or standing stone or something because I have an extra skill point with no where to put it. It’s not so much an issue than an annoyance. There is now a permanent 1 on my screen. Anyway hoping it gets removed or changed into a mastery point.

• Porkchopston
    3 posts

After completing the main story line, the experience gained pushed me up two levels, granting 4 skill points. I was already at a power level of 398 and now have 2 unusable skill points instead of a mastery point.

• briellen
    4 posts

@porkchopston So at the center of your skills map there are 3 categories you can now put those points in called mastery points. Go to center of your map and there is one for bear, raven and wolf with different effects. Hope this helps.

• Power_of_Rome
    24 posts

i have the same problem. 402 skill points out of 400.

• Swaza1979
    8 posts

@adamski8891 I have exactly the same problem - got 4 skill points at level 398

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 799 posts

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your continued reports of this issue. The developers have reviewed the information so far provided but require further details / resources to look further into this, as it isn't something they've encountered when trying to reproduce the issue. Could you please tell me the following as such:

• What activity (ie. quest, world event) did you complete that earned you the four skill points to exceed 400?
    • Did you stop assigning skill points at 398 points (ie. use all and be left with zero) before gaining these additional four, or did you have some skill points left to spend at the time of receiving the four additional points?

If it is also possible for you to open a support case / start a Live Chat and provide your save files (if playing on PC or PS4) this would also be a massive help, as the developers can analyse these. Thank you for your help, and please accept my apologies for the issue!

Official Response
  • Power_of_Rome
    24 posts

@ubi-woofer

I dont remember what quest was in the specific. I think i was level 398 as someone said. Got 4 skill points at the same time. Put 2 of them at 400, now i have 2 left i cannot place because skill tree is full. I had to disable the skill point notifications in the UI, because game keeps reminding me i have unused points to place.

undefined

• guest-IGySBU2H
    1 posts

I have the same issue - I was on the “the burning of the wicker man” quest.

I stopped assigning at ~395 and just was playing through then remembered to assign.

• Budular2020
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Porkchopston
    3 posts

@briellen I have those, but you can only use mastery points on those. I still have 2 skill points after unlocking all of the skill tree nodes that I can’t use on the mastery nodes.

• isnepkt
    1 posts

I also have this problem, was at 397 skill points (all assigned) and defeated Suttungr. Got 4 skill points and could only spend 3 of those. Now I have 1 which I am not able to use.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics