Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ElizLestrad
    Original poster 3 posts

I've encountered a chest that I've spent the last three days searching for the key for using both the ingame clue and 'super vision' - but the key is apparently non-existent (or the clue is outright wrong).

The chest in question is the one due west of Readigum Abby, at the farm house surrounded by bandits. The letter inside the house states, rather explicitly: "I've found solace near the southern great wall of Winchester"

Except, searching along the southern wall of the city, both inside and out, yield nothing. There are no keys in the houses immediately outside the southern wall. All the keys within the southern wall are for obvious locations like the warehouse, etc. On a whim, I did a full search of Witan Hall, the Old Minster, the Seminary, and the Bishop's residence, also turning up zero. I then searched around the rest of the city walls (West, North, and East), both inside and out, and have found nothing.

Either the key does not exist, is not where it is supposed to be (per the clue), or its tied to a quest (at which point, why have the clue)...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MightyGrandus
    1 posts

@elizlestrad I'm currently in the same situation, has a solution been found for this bug?

• ThoughtTwenty
    70 posts

@elizlestrad I don't know how you're supposed to work this out, but the note is a red herring.

spoiler

• JCar4327
    634 posts

@thoughttwenty I was just about to say that. Not sure if there was a clue that pointed that way, but that is where the key is.

• skindredboy
    1 posts

Ubi-Woofer Edit: Adding a spoiler tag in case anyone reading doesn't want the answer spoiled immediately.

spoiler

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics