Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Moved Zealot fights are some of the worst fights to ever come out of an AC development in quite some time

0 Likes/5 Replies/119 Views
    TheSGC1
    Original poster 4 posts

Besides the already difficult to discern determination between an unblockable attack and one that seems unblockable but isn't really (which is super, super frustrating - if an attack is yellow, why is it unblockable? Red ones are, not yellow, and yet, with eorforwine, there are unblockable yellow attacks?), the difficulty involved with taking out these self-healing health sponges only encourages cheesing them (staying at range, spamming spear return, etc).

Odyssey had some of the more fun boss fights of the entire series, to be honest - all the world bosses, while taking a decent amount of time, had a rhythm you could get used to and start working around. There's no such thing like that with the zealots - only spam and cheese. Really feel like they should be rebalanced.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TheSGC1
    Original poster 4 posts

Also, ironically, I feel like they wouldn't have been out of place at all as mercenaries in Odyssey - but the the main character was specced out much different with vastly different abilities and gear than they are in Valhalla.

• TheSGC1
    Original poster 4 posts

This edit time limit is killing me right now...
    final musing: Assassinating them would allow for a third dimension to these fights. As they are, they're horribly 2-dimensional in a way most Odyssey bossfights weren't.

• AnimusLover
    106 posts

The colour coding regarding what can be parried and what must be dodged is all over the place. They're supposed to represent the rune colours according to the game but it's not explained very well. Honestly, the game just feels unfinished.
    As for the difficulty, they're easy to fight. Just do what I call the side step dance' i.e everytime they're about to strike side step to the right so you end up behind them (make sure lock-on is on). When not doing that shoot at weak points for stun damage and call in your wolf and raven as they are basically so OP they're practically broken. Make sure you stomp when the wolf tackles them to the ground.

• MandrogaFelix
    3 posts

@animuslover The game is unfinished. I've Beta tested 3 major MMOROG's, Everquest (the original), Eve Online (the beginning and 5 different expansions), and SWTOR. While all of them had bugs, I've literally never seen a live release of a game so bug ridden as AC Valhalla is. Granted, the complexity of games now days is significantly greater than say Everquest was in it's day, and the code base is much more complicated, but at best, I would say Valhalla is still early-mid Beta quality (being charitable) rather than a game ready for live release. My understanding is Odyssey was much the same, with tons of bugs as well.

That said, having beta tested several games, it seems to me that Ubisoft has neglected to have a wide enough beta tester group to bug hunt before going live, and instead, ubisoft is making it's paying customers beta their product. This tends to be a trend many developers are going for because the suits demand a product be out by X date, and the coders have to push out a product they know isn't live quality, and then do damage control by releasing tons of bug fixes until the product is finally live stable. Months and sometimes years, after initial release. This is what happens when a compant is driven by shareholders greed, rather than a true desire to create a stable and strong product. After my experience with Valhalla (6 different restarts due to save game file corruption), Mysteries bugged out, Glitches, etc. I don't think I will ever buy another one of their games until it's at least 2 years old and most of the bugs have been worked out of it.

~Elain

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics