Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Moved "Remember Me" function when logging in does not always retain login details for future visits | POST HERE

1 Likes/9 Replies/258 Views
    EggKnobble
    Original poster 36 posts

Hello Ubisoft forum team,

Is it possible it fix the "remind me" button for this forum?
    Every time i start this forum, i need to log in. Even when i have clicked the button of "remember me".

Would love to hear from you all.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MojoCreed
    20 posts

Even though I click on remember me when I sign in to these new forums I always still have to enter my password. The rest of the ubisoft sites do remember my login credentials but for some reason this site will not.

• kizza0721
    63 posts

I just had 3 log in attempts to like a post. Pretty sure on the Division forum I've only logged in once

• Jin....
    16 posts

@eggknobble
    I agree. Plus, why does it need new window?
    Login process is very inconvenience.

• burfo_
    7 posts

I visit the forums once per day and every time I do that, I'm not signed in and have to re-authenticate. I believe the old/non-beta forums did this same thing. I agree with this feedback that it shouldn't do that. Just keep me signed in for a while...

• EggKnobble
    Original poster 36 posts

Could the time out from remind me button be longer?
    Now i still have to login every time i login the forum.

For the main ubisoft.com it is not needed.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello all,

Thanks for reporting these issues with the "Remember Me" functionality of Discussions. I previously reported this issue to the forum development team, and it is under investigation at the moment. I sincerely apologise that I don't have an update for you all just yet; as the login here is leveraged by the wider Ubisoft network, there are multiple teams involved with the investigation, due to the fact that the issue is not exclusively rooted in the forums.

As soon as I have an update to share, I'll reply again. In the meantime, I appreciate your patience and understanding. 🙂

Official Response
  • EggKnobble
    Original poster 36 posts

@ubi-woofer Thanks for the update! Will wait some more then 🙂 (about the bump, will not do that again).

But in my reasoning, it's easier to use a topic that contains all the information then starting a new one 😉

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to check in and say that this issue remains under investigation at the moment by the forum developers. I've needed to log in myself fairly frequently over the past few days, and I'm doing my best to chase an update on this subject as a result. I'll keep you all updated as best I can.

@EggKnobble - This topic here is now the primary one for this "remember me" issue with being logged out and your details not retained between sessions. Please update it with any additional information that you have on this subject! As I may have mentioned in another thread though, do be aware that if 2FA is activated, authentication may be needed more frequently to satisfy this condition of authentication. If you don't use it - which from memory, I believe you said you do not - then no worries.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics