ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ImQuestioned
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi,

this issue is still affecting me and I have done all that was described in your post, unsure what to do?

• Samk94
    1 posts

@ubi-mushy why is this bug still a problem? It’s been over a year and numerous people are still affected. It would be really great if you guys would either fix it in an update or post a way around it in this thread. I have no idea how this problem was deemed “resolved”

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5943 posts

Hello there @Sn33kyninja9590, @ImQuestioned & @Samk94,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble starting "The Poor Fellow-Soldier." Please note that if you don't meet the requirements, you will be unable to speak to Hytham to begin the quest. If you are unable to start this quest, please can you ensure you have met the following requirements:

• All of the other members of the Order, including zealots, need to have been defeated.
    • All of the regions, including Hordafylke and Hamtunscire, need to be completed.

If you have met these requirements and you are still unable to start the quest, please can you provide us with a video which shows the following:

• Your completed quest log, showing that "Reporting on Hamtunscire" has been completed.
    • Your Order menu, showing that all members have been defeated except the Father.
    • If you have handed the medallions over to Hytham, please can you show us that you are unable to interact with him in front of the longhouse. If you haven't yet handed your medallions over to Hytham, please can you do this to see if this causes him to move in front of the longhouse.

I'd recommend uploading this video to sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow us to take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • trevmarc7
    1 posts

@alexandru27p

I had the same problem UNTIL I went to look for Sigurd in the longhouse (he has been in a bad mood in his room). Randvi would say Sigurd has something to talk to Eivor and a quest will be opened where Sigurd would like to go back to his father in Norway for his final glory and he invites Eivor to join together. Once completed this, then the Father quest will be available.

• azullFR
    2228 posts

@trevmarc7

many thanks to you for this tip 👍
    I'm pretty sure this will help some of us

Have a great and nice day 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @trevmarc7! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, and for letting us know what you had to do to progress in the story. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to meet the requirements to start "The Poor Fellow-Soldier" quest as well! 😄

If you require help with anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

As we have had no confirmed reports of this issue with being unable to start “The Poor Fellow-Soldier, despite meeting the requirements, since the release of TU 1.3.0, we will now be locking this thread.

If you are unable to start this quest, please can you ensure you have met the following requirements:

• All of the other members of the Order, including zealots, need to have been defeated.
    • All of the regions, including Hordafylke and Hamtunscire, need to be completed.

If you have met these requirements and you are still unable to start the quest, please feel welcome to create a new thread so we can investigate this further. When creating a new thread, please can you provide us with a video which shows the following:

• Your completed quest log, showing that "Reporting on Hamtunscire" has been completed.
    • Your Order menu, showing that all members have been defeated except the Father.
    • If you have handed the medallions over to Hytham, please can you show us that you are unable to interact with him in front of the longhouse. If you haven't yet handed your medallions over to Hytham, please can you do this to see if this causes him to move in front of the longhouse.

I'd recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within your new thread we can take a closer look at.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics