Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• grantkelleher
    3 posts

hi ive completed the game been crowned jarl also given hytham all the medallions and got thors cape off him AND THE FATHER IS BLACKED OUT STILL ive got 21 of the 23 locations unlocked in england ,ravensthorpe ,hidden one bureau , yggdrasil. dalby forest, sherwood forest, aelfwood, ciltern hills, epinga forest, wishtmans wood ,isle of wiht, cying vale, long man, the weald, seven sisters, clefa sands, aeld wyrm ,white cliffs of dover, hadrains wall, stiperstanas, theotford forest hwithors and completed all the wealth mysteries and artifacts in the atlas/world what am i missing can anybody help please thanks grant

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1029 posts
    Best Answer

Hello @thefrozencreed - thank you for your reply to this thread.

Could you please confirm the exact nature of the issue you are having? Are you unable to locate Hytham outside of the longhouse, or are you having a different issue, such as being unable to proceed due to having the incorrect number of medallions? If the former, please be advised that this issue has been considered resolved as of TU 1.3.0, and it could no longer be reproduced in the live game.

Please refer to the information posted above by my colleague @Ubi-Borealis; can you please confirm that you have completed all of the prerequisites for starting "The Poor Fellow-Soldier", which are the following:

• You have completed the full game, including the Hordafylke and Hamtunscire arcs
    • You have defeated all of the other Order members, with the exception of the Father

If you find yourself unable to locate Hytham outside the longhouse and proceed, as previously directed, please send us a video showing the following:

• Your completed quest log, showing that "Reporting on Hamtunscire" has been completed.
    • Your Order menu, showing that all members have been defeated except the Father.
    • If you have handed the medallions over to Hytham, please can you show us that you are unable to interact with him in front of the longhouse. If you haven't yet handed your medallions over to Hytham, please can you do this to see if this causes him to move in front of the longhouse.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and any information that you provide. We'll be happy to reopen the the investigation into this issue if the information needed is received. 🙂

Official Response
  • grantkelleher
    3 posts

hi ive completed the game been crowned jarl also given hytham all the medallions and got thors cape off him AND THE FATHER IS BLACKED OUT STILL ive got 21 of the 23 locations unlocked in england ,ravensthorpe ,hidden one bureau , yggdrasil. dalby forest, sherwood forest, aelfwood, ciltern hills, epinga forest, wishtmans wood ,isle of wiht, cying vale, long man, the weald, seven sisters, clefa sands, aeld wyrm ,white cliffs of dover, hadrains wall, stiperstanas, theotford forest hwithors and completed all the wealth mysteries and artifacts in the atlas/world what am i missing can anybody help please thanks grant

• Shadow-Wipeout
    19 posts

There might be people trying to defend it, and yes it is still being investigated but seriously.....how long does it take to fix this issue? Like God dammit already, this 1 little bug is preventing thousands of players completing the game.......this is beyond a joke now

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hey all. I'd like to reiterate what UbiKobold has said - a fix for this issue has been discovered and will be implemented within a future patch. I understand the frustration with this issue persisting. With that in mind, I would like to assure everyone that this discovered fix will be implemented within a future patch. We're unable to provide details on when this patch will be, as we don't have access to this information. To this end, we suggest staying tuned to our public channels such as Valhalla's official twitter page, as well as the dedicated forum page for newly released information and updates related to Valhalla.

Official Response
  • DreadfullyDark
    1 posts

Cancelled Ubi+ today and deleting my account. There's a lot wrong with Ubisoft, but this bug (and Ubi's poor communication on it) is the icing on the cake. There are too many functional games from decent companies and developers to waste any more money here. Peace!

• Diabetic_Man97
    14 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • LottaTronIcs
    12 posts

@ubiwan great news. thanks for the update. You can at least stop sending me emails about coming back to finish the game though (not sure how many people got that email from Ubisoft, that's kinda rubbing it in 🙂 When I got the "come back email" - I tried because I thought it meant that you might have fixed the problem because you know my account name and that I've reported the problem but I guess it is TBD when. See you after the next major update in 3-6 months I guess.

• VeXXXis
    5 posts

So anyone heard if they are going to fix this?

• xIFoxHound
    49 posts

@grantkelleher Did you get the mission “Poor Fellow Soldier” to reveal the father before you get the cloak from Haytham?? Because if you didn’t then the game is bugged unfortunately. You’re only meant to get the cloak once you have dealt with the father. I and MANY others are currently having this issue and it’s so frustrating because you’ve essentially spent all those hours just for a bug preventing you from completing the quest...apparently they are aware of the bug but we just don’t know when we can expect a fix.

• PhoenixFury2211
    10 posts
    We're unable to provide details on when this patch will be, as we don't have access to this information.

Maybe, just maybe, you could get access to that information. You know, since you work for the same company 🤨

• Petteflet88
    346 posts

Waste of time and money this company and game.

• Ike_n_Ike
    1 posts

I have killed every single member of the order and every single zealot. Last thing I need is the father. I have 14 medallions and hytham wants 15, it’s literally impossible to finish a game I spent more than 60 dollars and 70+ hours on because of this stupid bug. Unbelievable.

• GreatTyler
    1 posts

This has also happened to me, has anyone figured out a way to get around this bug?

• zambone
    3 posts

@alexandru27p I killed Hrothgar but he did not dropped a clue... I now can't find/kill The Oil and therefore also stuck on 5/6 for The Father.

• guest-xSh0e421
    1 posts

I have finished all missions and all of the order apart from the father it wont give me the last clue. Iv been to speak to hytham and I cant start nothing gutted I cant finish the game 😑

• xIFoxHound
    49 posts

@greattyler unfortunately the only option is to load up a previous safe if you identify what’s bugged...in my case one of my kills hasn’t registered I think because there is a scroll icon instead of the image of the Zealot (but its scored out and it’s saying “defeated” so I guess it did register?) also if you got Thor’s cloak before the quest starts then it’s bugged...which also happened to me but I just thought that was normal to get the cloak before you identify the father...being around 3 months later and yet here we are still 😕

• catchyaup
    13 posts

@ike_n_ike I spent $180 of my money on this [censored], and a $30 book only to have the main bad guy run away like a [censored] and not be able to kill him. BAGH how disappointing. Not to mention all the other bugs. And this stupid SEASON rubbish delayed release of content I have paid for. This is not how this franchise should be.

• zambone
    3 posts

@xifoxhound Well, I killed him more than a week ago so finding that save is not an option for me... also my saves corrupted a while back and I lost about 5-6 hours gameplay. I bet that's when it went wrong.

• Madeezy
    67 posts

@kopfsmertzz Not buying DLC until it's fixed. Everyone should draw that line in the sand. Everyone who's viewed this post or commented.

• grantkelleher
    3 posts

@xifoxhound thanks no i didnt get the poor fellow soldier mission jus have to wait for bug to be fixed hopefully

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics