ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 674 posts

@beatmunch @direshadewolf86 I'm sorry to hear you're both experiencing this.

Could you confirm that you've completed the Hamtunscire arc?

You should also have 14 medallions in your inventory. @beatmunch Is this true for you?

Official Response
  • Kodecil
    5 posts

Hello, I'm having the same issue as other people in this thread, the "Poor Fellow Soldier" does not start. Bellow is a link to a screen capture I did in order to confirm the bug. I have 14 medallions as well as killed every member of the ancients, except the father.

Thank you,
    Razvan.

• UbiMint
    Ubisoft Support Staff 186 posts

Thank you for uploading this clip, @kodecil! Could you confirm your most recent saves are uploaded to the cloud for me? You should be able to do this by just being connected online and then manually saving the game.

Official Response
  • Kodecil
    5 posts

@ubimint Thank you for the prompt response, the recent save is from a few minutes ago, at 86+ hours of gameplay and it is synchronized to the cloud.

• Kodecil
    5 posts

@ubimint Hi there,

As per my last message, the problem still occurs. I would really appreciate a fix or an workaround for this issue sooner rather than later.

Another rather annoying little bug that is occurring is regarding the "Basim's Challenge", the requirements have been met, yet the item is still not appearing in my inventory. I would point out at least another dozen bugs and glitches in the game, but this is not the point or the thread to do so.

Hope to hear some good news soon regarding the game breaking bug that more and more people are having with the "Poor Fellow Soldier" Quest in a multi million dollar game.

Thank you,
    Best regards,
    Razvan.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@kodecil I'm sorry to hear that the problem is still occurring for you! Thank you so much for ensuring that your save files were uploaded as well. Just to confirm further, all Order members are also defeated, aside from The Father?

As for the 'Basim's Challenge' issue, would you provide me with a screenshot showing that the requirements are all met?

Official Response
  • Kodecil
    5 posts

Hi there @ubistorm , as you can clearly see, two posts above where I started this fiasco with your colleague @UbiMint , there is a video showing exactly what you have asked. This video was posted on Friday and shows every member of the Order of the Ancients killed except for the Father. If you would have scrolled a bit on this exact page that we are having this useless conversation you would have seen the info you asked is already in this thread.

Video:

Bellow you can also find a screenshot of the "Basim's Challenge".

I do not really understand this method of "interrogation"; E.g.: "show us that you have done this and that and the other thing". It is an unprofessional way to reach a point that not suiting for either one of us, bouncing back and forth with the same info and not giving any concrete information about the state of the issue.

Again, I do hope that this issue is resolved and I, like many others in this long past useless thread, would appreciate if this method of "bug fixing" would cease to continue or exists.

Best regards,
    Razvan.

• Eifell
    2 posts

@ubistorm so you had almost one yeqr to fix a bug but still nothing. After 109 hours of gameplay i reached the same problem. Currently i have 11 medailons (because previously i have already delivered few and did not knew that i shall check web if there is another bug in payed game ) and i cannot proceed.

• Kodecil
    5 posts

@eifell He's not particularly fixing the bugs man, he's just tech support, he just sees what's what and send the bugs to the devs. He or another tech supp will prob say that you need to kill everyone or send them a video or a screenshot of the dead order member, same old [censored] around the bush to buy time for a new update that would prob fix the god damn bug. The problem with this is that they don't even tell us anything concrete. I've posted the problem on Friday the 3'rd and they just keep passing me around, firstly @UbiMint then to @UbiStorm like I'm not playing a game that i bought. They are acting like everyone here is lying about not being able to get the quest. Insulting and not professional at all.

• Eifell
    2 posts

@kodecil i am saying that he as contact person is authority as ubisoft. So he (ubisoft) is blaming and and are unable to fix problem firstly reported almost year ago.

• rambo8wtv_
    1 posts

Hey Ubisoft team. I have exactly the same issue.

Please see the video here: (https://stadia.google.com/capture/14df0d0b-4a35-44b5-9d42-0c0a280643b9).

Thanks,
    Marty

• BraveOfMagic
    2 posts

hi, i copied this article, i don't speak english very well. I have the same problem as other people in this thread, "Poor Soldier" won't start. Bellow is a link to a video . I have 14 medallions and I've killed every member of the ancients except the father.

Video link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W1ucYY8gpqwaLEr4pd3sZglx6_mqnp9V/view?usp=drivesdk: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W1ucYY8gpqwaLEr4pd3sZglx6_mqnp9V/view?usp=drivesdk)

ı have cloud save

update 1.4.1

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5646 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having trouble starting "The Poor Fellow-Soldier."

Please note that in order to start this quest, you must meet the following requirements:

• All of the other members of the Order, including zealots, need to have been defeated.
    • All of the regions, including Hordafylke and Hamtunscire, need to be completed.

If you have met these requirements and you are still unable to start the quest, please can you provide us with a video which shows the following:

• Your completed quest log, showing that "Reporting on Hamtunscire" has been completed.
    • Your Order menu, showing that all members have been defeated except the Father.
    • If you have handed the medallions over to Hytham, please can you show us that you are unable to interact with him in front of the longhouse. If you haven't yet handed your medallions over to Hytham, please can you do this to see if this causes him to move in front of the longhouse.

I'd recommend that you upload this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

@Kodecil - I apologise for any confusion that has been caused. Thank you for taking the time to share a video with us. Just to check, have you been able to complete "Reporting on Hamtunscire?" You don't show your completed quest log in your video, so I'm unable to verify that you've completed all of the main story regions.

Regarding Basim's Challenge, there can sometimes be a delay between an challenge being completed and the reward being added to your inventory. If you are still missing this item, then I recommend that you create a new thread so we can investigate this further without going off-topic in this thread about "The Poor Fellow-Soldier."

@Eifell - I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to start "The Poor Fellow Soldier." Please can you provide us with a video that shows that you meet the requirements to trigger the quest? We can then investigate this further.

@rambo8wtv_ - I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to start "The Poor Fellow-Soldier." Thank you for taking the time to capture a video with us. Would you be able to capture another video which shows you have completed "Reporting on Hamtunscire," and that all of the other Order members have been defeated? We can then take a closer look at this.

@BraveOfMagic - Thanks for sharing a video with us! I can see that you haven't yet completed your pledge to Eurvicscire, as you have "War in the North" as an active quest. You need to complete the main story before you can start this quest. If you have completed all of the main story and "Reporting on Hamtunscire," and are still unable to start this quest, would you be able to provide us with an updated video? We can then investigate this further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Boss_fighter27
    12 posts

I HAD PLAYED THE GAME FROM THE BEGINNING BECAUSE THE AC VALHALLA IT'S A VERY COOL GAME BUT WHILE I WAS APPROACHING IN THE END OF GAME THE POOR FELLOW SOLDIER QUEST WAS MISSING AND THAT IS VERY DISAPPOINTING FOR MANY REASONS FIRST I COULDN'T TAKE THOR'S CLOAK SECOND I COULDN'T PLAY THE MOST COOL MISSION AND I BEGAN THE GAME FROM THE START JUST FOR THIS AND THE MISSION IS BUGGED!!! I DON'T KNOW MAYBE CAUSE I PLAYED FIRST THE GLOWCESTRE SIRE EARLY AND BEFORE THE END I PLAYED AND FINISHED THE FORGE AND FLAMES QUEST AFTER THE BROTHERS KEEPER IN NORWAY WHY I AM SUPPOSED TO THINK ALL THIS UBISOFT!? THE QUEST IT MUST WORK IN ANY CASE!! PLEASE AT LEAST ANSWER IF YOY CAN'T FIX THIS AND I AM NOT THE FIRST PERSON WHO COMPLAINED ABOUT THAT THERE ARE SEVERAL VIDEOS IN YOUTUBE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SAME THING JUST FIX IT!!!!!

• osx77
    6 posts

hello, I have a problem with this quest. Beacause its not appear. and I have complete all requirements for the story quest. but still nothing. thanks

• Ubi-Dino
    Ubisoft Support Staff 98 posts

Howdy @osx77!

I'm sorry to see you're not receiving the quest "The Poor Fellow-Soldier". In your completed quest log, is Breaking the Order present by chance?

Official Response
  • osx77
    6 posts

@ubi-dino ok. I am sorry. it seems that I still have one more region left. Thanks

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2143 posts

Hey @osx77, I'm happy to hear that the issue is only due to one region left over. if you do continue to experience this issue, please let us know and we'll gladly investigate further! 🙂

Official Response
  • Sn33kyninja9590
    2 posts

So my game is updated and I have completed all the quest and killed all of the order people and yet I still cannot start the last quest. Hathem or whatever isn’t even in front of the longhouse and when I try to talk to him in his hut I can’t give him more medallions or anything like that so I know I have completed everything I need to. What do I do?

• Sn33kyninja9590
    2 posts

@sn33kyninja9590 all the codex pages, mysterious, wealth collected and turned in, I finished all the other quest and still can’t start this [censored]

Suggested Topics